From: kfl...@KeithLynch.net (Keith F. Lynch)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Going to Worldcon? Avoid riding Metro
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 02:58:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Keith F. Lynch - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 02:58 UTC

Today I read the least susprising headline I've ever seen: "Metro
will keep lower service levels through end of the year." So if you're
going to the DC Worldcon next month, unless you're fond of standing
for long periods in crowds of unvaccinated people without masks in
poorly ventilated spaces, I'd suggest you find a different way to get
to and from the convention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2021/11/22/metrorail-service-reductions-extended/

In other Worldcon news, the JWST launch will no longer be during the
convention, having slipped to at least the 22nd. (The DART launch is
scheduled for late tonight, 0621 UTC.)
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/