From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: DHS Finally Closes Investigation in Biden Admin's Fake Whipping Charges
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 17:38:24 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 22:38 UTC

As the article notes, the officers, who did nothing wrong, will nevertheless
face discipline, although the DHS report is vague at best in describing what
they supposedly did wrong.

As a former federal LEO myself, DHS is gonna have to do a lot better than
what's in this report if they want to impose any discipline on these officers.
Under the Civil Service system, DHS has the burden of proving every alleged
violation and the vague accusations found in this report aren't anywhere near
good enough. The most likely outcome is that the officers will file grievances
and DHS will end up giving them promotions or transfers or other benefits just
to make them drop cases the government knows it can't prove because everyone
knows none of it actually happened.

--------------------

https://townhall.com/columnists/williamdavis/2022/07/23/dhs-closes-shameful-chapter-with-its-whipping-investigation-n2610685

President Joe Biden's Department of Homeland Security (DHS) closed one of the
most disgraceful chapters in its history as it finally concluded an
investigation into false accusations that Border Patrol agents were whipping
Haitian migrants.

The nearly ten-month long investigation found that Border Patrol agents did
not use whips after viral and misleading photos and videos purportedly showed
the horseback-riding agents using their reigns as whips to corral Haitian
migrants at the border. While the investigation found that the agents were not
carrying whips, and that Border Patrol does not even have whips as part of its
equipment, the agents will face internal punishment anyway.

The investigation concluded that several of the agents used excessive force,
although the final report was vague on the details. Customs and Border Patrol
Commissioner Chris Magnus said some of the agents demonstrated "discrimination
and intolerance", but did not provide any specifics. The desperation to punish
these agents who had clearly done nothing wrong seems likely to be a result of
Biden's vow to fulfill his promise to "make the agents pay".

"To see people treated like they did? Horses running them over? People being
strapped? It's outrageous. I promise you, those people will pay," Biden said
after the deceptive images surfaced.

But instead of admitting they were wrong and apologizing to the agents, the
Biden Administration is doubling down on their attacks against these patriotic
law enforcement agents. The motivations for punishing these agents appears to
be politically and ideologically-motivated. To understand why these agents are
being punished for simply doing their jobs, one has to remember the
inflammatory rhetoric displayed by leading administration officials and their
allies in Congress after the manufactured scandal broke.

Kamala Harris said the photos "invoked images of slavery". DHS Secretary
Alejandro Mayorkas, after initially defending the agents, said he was
"horrified by the images", and vowed swift punishment. The Congressional
Hispanic Caucus called the images "deeply disturbing and unacceptable", while
the president of the NAACP compared the incident to "some of the darkest
moments in America's history", and demanded a meeting with Biden.

The smear campaign against the agents simply became too big to fail. The cabal
of special interest groups, politicians, and anti-border advocates that hold
heavy sway over this White House demanded that these agents be punished, and
Biden was happy to acquiesce, but this investigation has had a deep cost for
the agents in question.

Once hysteria over the non-event reached critical mass, the agents were taken
out of the field and assigned to desk duty. They have been subjected to an
intensive 10-month investigation that Mayorkas had promised would only take
days. For an administration that claims to fight for the common man, it was
quick to bring the full power of the federal government down on hardworking
agents who were manipulated for political agendas.

"Because of what the president said, these investigators had no choice but to
find some sort of wrongdoing," National Border Patrol Council President
Brandon Judd said. "We know that they did nothing wrong. We know that it was a
powder keg. We know that they were sent there to do a specific job, and they
did that job. Now they're coming back to be vilified."

At the time this was all unfolding, tens of thousands of Haitian migrants were
gathering at the southern border attempting to enter the U.S. Our border was
being completely overwhelmed and the Biden Administration needed a red herring
to distract the American public from their failure to secure the border. So
the White House and their allies concocted a moral panic which has done great
damage to the lives and careers of these Border Patrol agents.

This entire investigation was a farce meant to distract from the chaos Biden
has unleashed at our border. It represents a shameful chapter in American
history and another lowlight in this administration's epic destruction of our
nation's sovereignty.

Re: DHS Finally Closes Investigation in Biden Admin's Fake Whipping Charges

<17055a57bfb4e71a$4$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148864&group=rec.arts.tv#148864

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 05:29:21 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:29 UTC

On 7/25/2022 5:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> As the article notes, the officers, who did nothing wrong,

Excellent, grow a pair of testicles and tell us about the "missing"
texts now, I dare you.

Re: DHS Finally Closes Investigation in Biden Admin's Fake Whipping Charges

<tbp04f$20ut3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148891&group=rec.arts.tv#148891

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:10:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:10 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>As the article notes, the officers, who did nothing wrong, will nevertheless
>face discipline, although the DHS report is vague at best in describing what
>they supposedly did wrong.

>As a former federal LEO myself, DHS is gonna have to do a lot better than
>what's in this report if they want to impose any discipline on these officers.
>Under the Civil Service system, DHS has the burden of proving every alleged
>violation and the vague accusations found in this report aren't anywhere near
>good enough. The most likely outcome is that the officers will file grievances
>and DHS will end up giving them promotions or transfers or other benefits just
>to make them drop cases the government knows it can't prove because everyone
>knows none of it actually happened.

What a farce. The bosses who covered this up should be fired. They
aren't civil service. And again: Whatever White House staffer is handing
Biden unprovable crap that he just reacts to needs to be fired.

This was reported by New York Post.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/08/border-agents-falsely-accused-of-whipping-migrants-punishment/

The story reminds us that the encampment was cleared after the incident.
What became of the Haitians?