Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 06:14:18 -0500
Subject: Re: WOKE! It came from Asia, but it's not, you know, Asian...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 11:14 UTC

On 7/26/2022 8:28 PM, RichA wrote:
> CNN)The "murder hornet" is no more. At least, its name is gone.
> The Entomological Society of America and the Entomological Society of Canada have adopted a new name for the murder hornet, also known as the Asian giant hornet, saying "the usage of 'Asian' in the name of a pest insect can unintentionally bolster anti-Asian sentiment" especially "amid a rise in hate crimes and discrimination against people of Asian descent."

So you don't know what the new name is, or were you just too fucking
stupid to mention it?

Re: WOKE! It came from Asia, but it's not, you know, Asian...

<270720221040140789%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149079&group=rec.arts.tv#149079

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:40:14 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 14:40 UTC

In article <1705ab5f868eb7e5$58$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 7/26/2022 8:28 PM, RichA wrote:
> > CNN)The "murder hornet" is no more. At least, its name is gone.
> > The Entomological Society of America and the Entomological Society of
> > Canada have adopted a new name for the murder hornet, also known as the
> > Asian giant hornet, saying "the usage of 'Asian' in the name of a pest
> > insect can unintentionally bolster anti-Asian sentiment" especially "amid a
> > rise in hate crimes and discrimination against people of Asian descent."
>

> So you don't know what the new name is, or were you just too fucking
> stupid to mention it?

Heh. The bug people have renamed it the "northern giant hornet." They
also renamed some other bugs. They'd had Asian in their names because
(gasp!) they were native to Asia.

https://entsoc.org/publications/common-names/northern-giant-hornet