From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.the-view
Subject: "Sue The View" Trends As TPUSA Considers Legal Action After Whoopi Says They Let Neo-Nazis In
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:57:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:57 UTC

On Tuesday, #SueThe View trended on Twitter after co-host Whoopi Goldberg
smeared TPUSA, insisting that the conservative organization had let neo-Nazis
into their event in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday. She later attempted to
backtrack, offering a "quick clarification" to note that the neo-Nazis were
"outside protesters."

TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk said the group was considering legal action
against the show.

Talking to lawyers. Many think we have a strong case. You cannot
smear minors as Nazis and get away with it. It impacts them for
the rest of their life. #SueTheView
-- Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) July 27, 2022

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/3Ai3EIF9Z7
-- Turning Point USA (@TPUSA) July 27, 2022

"The View" co-host Sara Haines prompted Goldberg's remarks by announcing,
"I've got a legal note. The conservative group Turning Point USA has
condemned the group of neo-Nazis and said they have nothing to do with the
organization."

Co-host Joy Behar took the opportunity to target Florida GOP governor Ron
DeSantis, mocking, "Yeah, but where was DeSantis is what I want to know?"

Goldberg then targeted TPUSA, charging, "But you let them in. You let them in
and you knew what they were. So you are complicit."

After a commercial break, apparently apprised that she had better backtrack,
Goldberg stated, "I want to make a quick clarification about the neo-Nazis at
the Turning Point event: they were outside protesters."

But then she insisted, "My point was more metaphorical, that you embrace them
at your thing, I felt. So I just -- they were not in the building. ... They
were not in the building; they were in the mix of people at the thing."

While they were forced by their legal department to correct two of
these misrepresentations live on air, Whoopi continued to insist
that TPUSA somehow welcomed "nazis" into our event "metaphorically."
pic.twitter.com/320UV0aH0G

-- Turning Point USA (@TPUSA) July 26, 2022

TPUSA tweeted, "After a group of Antifa and left wing protesters showed up,
predictably, to protest our event, they eventually dispersed, then minutes
later these 'nazis' appeared. Who are these people? We have no idea, and ABC
and other news media aren't curious enough to find out."

"TPUSA students confronted and argued with these individuals," the
organization continued. "Our security attempted to remove the 'nazis' but
were unable to intervene because they were standing on the public sidewalk.
TPUSA students ultimately left the scene, at which point these individuals
dispersed."

TPUSA students confronted and argued with these individuals.
Our security attempted to remove the "nazis" but were unable to
intervene because they were standing on the public sidewalk. TPUSA
students ultimately left the scene, at which point these individuals
dispersed. pic.twitter.com/K5uNuIxAku

-- Turning Point USA (@TPUSA) July 26, 2022

The neo-Nazis brandished anti-Semitic material and a sign emblazoned
"DeSantis Country" in an apparent attempt to smear him by linking him to
their rhetoric.

The organization released a statement declaring, "Turning Point USA 100%
condemns those ideologies in the strongest of terms." They pointed out that
the individuals were located on public property, thus TPUSA's security could
not physically remove them, and that TPUSA students initially confronted the
group but then left.

TPUSA issued the following statement to all press who requested
comment: pic.twitter.com/7mUwZa0Bg2

-- Turning Point USA (@TPUSA) July 26, 2022

#SueTheView trended on Twitter:

#SueTheView is Trending pic.twitter.com/GbZsDuTDEA
-- Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 26, 2022

Twitter is suppressing #SueTheView from trending! It was #10 but
they're hiding it under The View. Corrupt! pic.twitter.com/JyHOILtD2V
-- Jack Posobiec ???? (@JackPosobiec) July 27, 2022

I love #SueTheView. It rhymes and everything. Plus, The View is the
most disgusting show on network television. Truly hideous women who
know nothing and are proud of themselves for it.
https://t.co/gNOjUs4GGn
-- Jeremy Boreing (@JeremyDBoreing) July 27, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Sue The View" Trends As TPUSA Considers Legal Action After Whoopi Says They Let Neo-Nazis In

<7kl3ehpnbd9drs78paal6ma7lhre71g3j4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149159&group=rec.arts.tv#149159

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:29:06 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 00:29 UTC

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:57:07 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, #SueThe View trended on Twitter after co-host Whoopi Goldberg
>smeared TPUSA, insisting that the conservative organization had let neo-Nazis
>into their event in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday. She later attempted to
>backtrack, offering a "quick clarification" to note that the neo-Nazis were
>"outside protesters."
>
>TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk said the group was considering legal action
>against the show.

As well they should - if anybody holds a public event it goes without
saying that some folks you'd prefer stay home might well turn up.

This isn't confined to politics of course - the Miami Dolphins could
admit secret neo-Nazis to their game - or worse <gasp> supporters of
the Cowboys!

I hope they lawyer up fast and make them pay - maybe then these folks
will get the idea that wild accusations do have consequences.

>Goldberg then targeted TPUSA, charging, "But you let them in. You let them in
>and you knew what they were. So you are complicit."

How many people were at this event? And how much time did the
gatekeepers have to vet each one? Whoopi - you're so up to your ears
in kaka you'll be showering for the next decade!

>After a commercial break, apparently apprised that she had better backtrack,
>Goldberg stated, "I want to make a quick clarification about the neo-Nazis at
>the Turning Point event: they were outside protesters."
>
>But then she insisted, "My point was more metaphorical, that you embrace them
>at your thing, I felt. So I just -- they were not in the building. ... They
>were not in the building; they were in the mix of people at the thing."

Nice try but to me worthless talk like that compounds her offence.

> While they were forced by their legal department to correct two of
> these misrepresentations live on air, Whoopi continued to insist
> that TPUSA somehow welcomed "nazis" into our event "metaphorically."
> pic.twitter.com/320UV0aH0G

Metaphorically doesn't enter into libel law - your words mean what a
normal rational adult would take them to mean. It's not as if anybody
thought she was engaging in satire...