So... did you ever wonder, do garbagemen take showers before they go to work?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

SubjectAuthor
* Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes withanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upsuper70s
| `* Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing setmoviePig
|  +- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upchromebook test
|  +* Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upThe Horny Goat
|  |`- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing setsuzeeq
|  +- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set uptrotsky
|  `- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set uptrotsky
+* Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upchromebook test
|`- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upchromebook test
+- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set upchromebook test
`- Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set uptrotsky

1
Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<tbsddi$2l3ag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149140&group=rec.arts.tv#149140

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:15:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:15 UTC

After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.

I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
well. They aren't being terribly specific.

Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
die.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<tbsdf8$2l3ag$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149141&group=rec.arts.tv#149141

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:16:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:16 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
>reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
>rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.

>I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
>she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
>well. They aren't being terribly specific.

>Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
>that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
>are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
>die.

Forgot the citation:

https://apnews.com/article/jeopardy-hosts-bialik-jennings-b525dbb858f53802eed265f3e1444764

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<330019212.680653968.292475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149144&group=rec.arts.tv#149144

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with
existing set up
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:48:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:48 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
> reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
> rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
>
> I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
> she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
> well. They aren't being terribly specific.
>
> Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
> that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
> are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
> die.

At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
neuroscientist.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<450fa55d-d4c0-4535-a05c-47a52fd2caf0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149166&group=rec.arts.tv#149166

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:06:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 01:06 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 7:54:07 PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 18:15:29 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
> > reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
> > rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
> >
> > I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
> > she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
> > well. They aren't being terribly specific.
> >
> > Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
> > that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
> > are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
> > die.

> No one wants a woman to MC these things, they don't have the voice. Surely they can find an educated white male with a decent voice to do
> the job?

I'll take "Birthplace of Jesus" for 100, Mayim.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COvj1-ardt1/?hl=en

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<ddc41421-f62b-4de3-8ddd-34449a79ea6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149167&group=rec.arts.tv#149167

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:10:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 01:10 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 9:06:23 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 7:54:07 PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 18:15:29 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > > After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
> > > reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
> > > rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
> > >
> > > I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
> > > she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
> > > well. They aren't being terribly specific.
> > >
> > > Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
> > > that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
> > > are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
> > > die.
>

> > No one wants a woman to MC these things, they don't have the voice. Surely they can find an educated white male with a decent voice to do
> > the job?

> I'll take "Birthplace of Jesus" for 100, Mayim.
>
> https://www.instagram.com/p/COvj1-ardt1/?hl=en

https://ibb.co/52pMsqF

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<3794d55a-dd48-49e8-b1b0-695e65a06cc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149168&group=rec.arts.tv#149168

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 01:17 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 6:15:29 PM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
> that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
> are supposed to be.

mime not laughing.

Mayim Bialik on Zionism, religion and being a director
“I look at two news sites every day: CNN and The Jerusalem Post,” she said.
By HANNAH BROWN Published: MAY 5, 2022
https://www.jpost.com/j-spot/article-705986

-------

fuk jeopardy, mime smarter than Alex Trebec anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<1705f2b189f5c60a$3$2251891$6d54c64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149205&group=rec.arts.tv#149205

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 03:59:45 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 08:59 UTC

On 7/27/2022 6:54 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 18:15:29 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
>> reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
>> rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
>>
>> I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
>> she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
>> well. They aren't being terribly specific.
>>
>> Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
>> that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
>> are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
>> die.
>
> No one wants a woman to MC these things,

You're the final arbiter of no one--yeah, that tracks. Mayim Bialak is
excellent by the way, and your opinion is horseshit per usual.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<super70s-4A47CF.04310128072022@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149216&group=rec.arts.tv#149216

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:31:01 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:31 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> > After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
> > reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
> > rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
> >
> > I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
> > she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
> > well. They aren't being terribly specific.
> >
> > Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
> > that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
> > are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
> > die.
> >

> At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
> lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
> neuroscientist.

Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
they're lucky.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<fmwEK.723576$JVi.555333@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149234&group=rec.arts.tv#149234

Subject: Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set
up
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:41:30 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:41 UTC

On 7/28/2022 5:31 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article
> <330019212.680653968.292475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>> After Mike Richards got fired from Jeopardy! as host and producer (for
>>> reasons I've put out of mind), Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings have been
>>> rotating as hosts. They'll now be rotating as hosts permanently.
>>>
>>> I'm a little confused if Jennings only will do the main daytime show and
>>> she'll do the prime time stuff and specials, or if she'll do daytime as
>>> well. They aren't being terribly specific.
>>>
>>> Call Me Kat is apparently a big imposition on her time, making sure
>>> that's, uh, quality television and the jokes are funny, or whatever they
>>> are supposed to be. I wasn't even aware that it got renewed. CBS must
>>> die.
>>>

>> At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
>> lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
>> neuroscientist.
>
> Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
> pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
> they're lucky.

She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<87caf0fb-ad3b-4a3a-93cc-70daa5cdefd4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149241&group=rec.arts.tv#149241

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 07:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 14:24 UTC

On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 9:41:36 AM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 7/28/2022 5:31 AM, super70s wrote:
> > In article
> > <330019212.680653968.29...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
> >> lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
> >> neuroscientist.
> >
> > Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
> > pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
> > they're lucky.

> She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.

Jeopardy just lost the entire Muslim-world population of 1.8 billion viewers. But it gained all 15 million Jews.

From an advertisers point of view, seems like a good trade-off

https://i.ibb.co/25VncXN/Screenshot-2022-07-27-9-09-42-PM.png

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<thg5ehd4sfjjro9d3mb2434lh3naefo8vd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149258&group=rec.arts.tv#149258

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:07:33 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:07 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:41:30 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>> Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
>> pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
>> they're lucky.
>
>She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.

Well she is definitely easier on the eyes than Mr Jennings.....

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<tbuj9l$1c1c$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149264&group=rec.arts.tv#149264

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
up
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 11:07:48 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 18:07 UTC

On 7/28/2022 10:07 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:41:30 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
>>> pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
>>> they're lucky.
>>
>> She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.
>
> Well she is definitely easier on the eyes than Mr Jennings.....

He's kinda cute in a mormon dad, sort of way...

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<17061b29440058d4$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149327&group=rec.arts.tv#149327

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:22:46 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:22 UTC

On 7/28/2022 8:41 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 7/28/2022 5:31 AM, super70s wrote:
>> In article
>> <330019212.680653968.292475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>>   anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
>>> lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
>>> neuroscientist.
>>
>> Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
>> pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
>> they're lucky.
>
> She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.

I don't see Bialik's "celebrity" as any more of an issue as Jenning's
lack thereof.

Re: Jeopardy! can't decides on permanent host, goes with existing set up

<17061b3decb659da$2$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149328&group=rec.arts.tv#149328

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:24:12 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:24 UTC

On 7/28/2022 8:41 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 7/28/2022 5:31 AM, super70s wrote:
>> In article
>> <330019212.680653968.292475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>>   anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> At least she still has the income for the snake oil commercial where she
>>> lies about what she does on television and lies about being a
>>> neuroscientist.
>>
>> Sometimes I wonder why companies waste ad budget money on
>> pseudo-celebrities like her that only 1 in 10 people will recognize, if
>> they're lucky.
>
> She may have a desirable credibility/cost ratio in their target demo.

In fact, if you're looking at a dialogue between Verman and the closet
homosexual you're *really* scraping the bottom of the barrel.