"The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl." -- Dave Barry

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)Will Dockery
+* Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W-Dockery
|`* Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)General-Zod
| +- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W-Dockery
| +- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery
| +- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W-Dockery
| +- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery
| +- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W-Dockery
| `- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery
+- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery
+* Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)Rocky Stoneberg
|`- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery
`* Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)Rocky Stoneberg
 `- Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)W.Dockery

1
Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149335&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#149335

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 15:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 29 May 2022 22:45 UTC

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:03:55 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 11:50:13 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Zod wrote:

> > > Excellent...
> >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltane
> >
> > > Beltane (/ˈbɛl.teɪn/)[5][6] is the Gaelic May Day festival. Most commonly it is held on 1 May, or about halfway between the spring equinox and summer solstice. Historically, it was widely observed throughout Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man. In Irish the name for the festival day is Lá Bealtaine ([l̪ˠaː ˈbʲal̪ˠt̪ˠənʲə]), in Scottish Gaelic Latha Bealltainn ([l̪ˠaː ˈpjaul̪ˠt̪ɪɲ]) and in Manx Gaelic Laa Boaltinn/Boaldyn. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals—along with Samhain, Imbolc and Lughnasadh—and is similar to the Welsh Calan Mai.
> >
> > > Beltane is mentioned in some of the earliest Irish literature and is associated with important events in Irish mythology. Also known as Cétshamhain ("first of summer"), it marked the beginning of summer and it was when cattle were driven out to the summer pastures. Rituals were performed to protect the cattle, crops and people, and to encourage growth. Special bonfires were kindled, and their flames, smoke and ashes were deemed to have protective powers. The people and their cattle would walk around or between bonfires, and sometimes leap over the flames or embers. All household fires would be doused and then re-lit from the Beltane bonfire. These gatherings would be accompanied by a feast, and some of the food and drink would be offered to the aos sí. Doors, windows, byres and livestock would be decorated with white or yellow May flowers, perhaps because they evoked fire.. In parts of Ireland, people would make a May Bush: typically a thorn bush or branch decorated with flowers, ribbons, bright shells and rushlights. Holy wells were also visited, while Beltane dew was thought to bring beauty and maintain youthfulness. Many of these customs were part of May Day or Midsummer festivals in other parts of Great Britain and Europe.
> >
> > > Beltane celebrations had largely died out by the mid-20th century, although some of its customs continued and in some places it has been revived as a cultural event. Since the late 20th century, Celtic neopagans and Wiccans have observed Beltane or a related festival as a religious holiday. Neopagans in the Southern Hemisphere celebrate Beltane on or around 1 November.
> >
> > > *******************************************
> > Hello, good find.
> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

Absolutely, the wayward muse.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149792&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#149792

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 01:07:15 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 01:07 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

> > Hello, good find.
>
> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

Good evening,my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150606&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#150606

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 20:37:40 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 20:37 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

>> > Hello, good find.
>>
>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<768a085af27bd33a30deafff1bae679b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151591&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#151591

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 16:14:47 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 16:14 UTC

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:03:55 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:

>> > Hello, good find.
>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

Absolutely, the wayward muse, one of the pantheon.

🙂

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<16bbc0219bb7557d0d07954a3e5fc2d5@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152374&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152374

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 06:05:03 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 06:05 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Yes.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<ea70e85b904c55174503a408809953b5@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153260&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153260

Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 14:47:10 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 14:47 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Yes, and thanks again for the positive feedback, my friend.

🙂

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<ec746ae4ecd4068efd3667dca7cb9714@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154979&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#154979

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:00:52 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:00 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

The new paintings are great, thanks for giving me permission to preview one or two of them, Zod.

Probably will be in the Facebook edition of the alt.arts.poetry.comments.

Stay tuned.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<a307caaddb6e976cf060f072448a4643@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159900&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#159900

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 03:52:31 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 03:52 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Good evening, well put.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<a1c5b5fb631627bd25d7c832576482aa@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163038&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#163038

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 23:26:02 +0000
From: rockysto...@gmail.com (Rocky Stoneberg)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Rocky Stoneberg - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 23:26 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:03:55 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:

>> > Hello, good find.
>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

> Absolutely, the wayward muse.

Cool, old son...!

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<7393b18245084784e41c8b3ab494c423@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163268&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#163268

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 11:01:23 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 11:01 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Absolutely, the wayward muse.

> Cool, old son...!

Good morning, just calling it as I see it.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<f2f6b53b5b4a087995d151af5ece03c9@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165532&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#165532

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:11:31 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:11 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Good afternoon, thanks again.

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<21a27456c287a1ce6c98f66afaebd32f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165959&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#165959

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 02:54:44 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <1e9577d26092185099783805c247db1d$1@www.novabbs.com> <50880f52eb5057f7533f63f02564e603@news.novabbs.com> <45df3dda-092f-445f-8469-b9baa7414baen@googlegroups.com> <5e01167cfd3a493a19092ac2760310ee@news.novabbs.com> <0348ce88-d6dd-4166-aae3-cfced055a571n@googlegroups.com> <c04cf366-b2fb-40da-99a1-3bc9c6fd3301n@googlegroups.com> <022c878f9d87c394f627ef6fa8881062@news.novabbs.com> <102147047cc5709b7f3f183e050d0a9f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 02:54 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Good evening, my friend, yes I hope she's doing well.

> Indeed and seconded, for the fair lady J.P.

Good evening, agreed.

🙂

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<b6a4019d48df65574aabf894666762ad@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169592&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#169592

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:21:49 +0000
From: rockysto...@gmail.com (Rocky Stoneberg)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Rocky Stoneberg - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:21 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:03:55 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:

>> > Hello, good find.
>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

> Absolutely, the wayward muse.

Right on

Re: "Beltane Cruelties" (Shadowville Mythos poetry blog)

<922354827d95672c78f4915ed2e5f4b2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170213&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#170213

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:19:28 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:19 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> Julie Pooley was the Beltaine Queen for all seasons....

>> Absolutely, the wayward muse.

> Right on

Good evening, and thanks again for the nod.