Take a lesson from the whale; the only time he gets speared is when he raises to spout.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for feBTR1701
+* Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) getsuzeeq
|+* Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for feA Friend
||+- Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) getsuzeeq
||`- Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fetrotsky
|`- Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fetrotsky
`- Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fetrotsky

1
Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<Dq2dnRRnYYJ8i3n_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149473&group=rec.arts.tv#149473

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:20:33 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:20 UTC

On Jul 29, 2022 at 8:09:54 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> The questioners (abusers!!) have a point. These are weather forecasters. If
> the weather forecasters stick to the company line that global warming is
> climate and not related to individual instances of sporadic weather, they
> have no right dragging them into the conversation. You can't have it both
> ways and a cold-snap in winter will prove that as they will assure you THAT
> has nothing to do with climate.

They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
change' propaganda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<tc174c$2q0c$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149480&group=rec.arts.tv#149480

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get
attacked for fear-mongering
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:58:36 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:58 UTC

On 7/29/2022 10:20 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2022 at 8:09:54 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The questioners (abusers!!) have a point. These are weather forecasters. If
>> the weather forecasters stick to the company line that global warming is
>> climate and not related to individual instances of sporadic weather, they
>> have no right dragging them into the conversation. You can't have it both
>> ways and a cold-snap in winter will prove that as they will assure you THAT
>> has nothing to do with climate.
>
> They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
> change' propaganda.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346

They name winter storms too. Which I always thought was sorta dumb.

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<290720221655245474%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149500&group=rec.arts.tv#149500

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:55:24 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 20:55 UTC

In article <tc174c$2q0c$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 7/29/2022 10:20 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Jul 29, 2022 at 8:09:54 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The questioners (abusers!!) have a point. These are weather forecasters.
> >> If
> >> the weather forecasters stick to the company line that global warming is
> >> climate and not related to individual instances of sporadic weather, they
> >> have no right dragging them into the conversation. You can't have it both
> >> ways and a cold-snap in winter will prove that as they will assure you THAT
> >> has nothing to do with climate.
> >
> > They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
> > change' propaganda.
> >
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346
> >

> They name winter storms too. Which I always thought was sorta dumb.

The Weather Channel started that, and it's not dumb at all. It allows
them (and everyone else) to hashtag that particular storm on social
media.

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<tc1hjt$sq9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149502&group=rec.arts.tv#149502

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
attacked for fear-mongering
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 13:57:32 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 20:57 UTC

On 7/29/2022 1:55 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tc174c$2q0c$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
>>> change' propaganda.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346
>>>

>> They name winter storms too. Which I always thought was sorta dumb.
>

> The Weather Channel started that, and it's not dumb at all. It allows
> them (and everyone else) to hashtag that particular storm on social
> media.

For people who don't live on social media - it's dumb.

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<17066d8a0b29bc5e$17$1607696$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149524&group=rec.arts.tv#149524

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:32:21 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:32 UTC

On 7/29/2022 12:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2022 at 8:09:54 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The questioners (abusers!!) have a point. These are weather forecasters. If
>> the weather forecasters stick to the company line that global warming is
>> climate and not related to individual instances of sporadic weather, they
>> have no right dragging them into the conversation. You can't have it both
>> ways and a cold-snap in winter will prove that as they will assure you THAT
>> has nothing to do with climate.
>
> They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
> change' propaganda.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346

I'll bet the people drowning in Kentucky aren't calling it propaganda
Eunuch Derp.

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<170683b91b375180$1$2251891$6d54c64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149574&group=rec.arts.tv#149574

Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 00:18:45 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 05:18 UTC

On 7/29/2022 12:58 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 7/29/2022 10:20 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 2022 at 8:09:54 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The questioners (abusers!!) have a point.  These are weather
>>> forecasters.  If
>>> the weather forecasters stick to the company line that global warming is
>>> climate and not related to individual instances of sporadic weather,
>>> they
>>> have no right dragging them into the conversation.  You can't have it
>>> both
>>> ways and a cold-snap in winter will prove that as they will assure
>>> you THAT
>>> has nothing to do with climate.
>>
>> They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
>> change' propaganda.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346
>>

> They name winter storms too. Which I always thought was sorta dumb.

Or, more obviously, Eunuch Derp is dumb.

Re: Weather forecasters (it's not "weather" it's "climate"!) get attacked for fear-mongering

<170696feed02a54f$12$1950103$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149588&group=rec.arts.tv#149588

Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:12:07 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,Euc
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 11:12 UTC

On 7/29/2022 3:55 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tc174c$2q0c$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> They want to start 'naming' heat waves now, too, as part of the 'climate
>>> change' propaganda.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62297346
>>>

>> They name winter storms too. Which I always thought was sorta dumb.
>

> The Weather Channel started that, and it's not dumb at all. It allows
> them (and everyone else) to hashtag that particular storm on social
> media.

Good point, but the point of Eunuch Derp being too stupid to listen to
reason still looms overhead. Like a coming storm, if you will, but one
with no testicles.