Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:14:59 +0000
Subject: Re: Angel of Esquiline Hill / Will Dockery
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 31 May 2022 17:14 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> It's painfully obvious that your poem was "inspired," at least in part,
>> from "Suzanne Takes You Down." In fact, I'd venture to guess that the
>> vast majority of your poems are derived from rock or folkie songs (like
>> that "Hotel California" clone)

> Which you were also mistaken about, and I explained to you nearly endlessly.

>> I'm just not well-versed enough in late 60s/early 70s music to pick up on
>> them all.

> Seriously, nothing like that is there, although I do love Leonard Cohen's
> poetry, this is working in a very different area than "Suzanne"... ask
> somebody who would actually know, like George Dance.

> https://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8

> Angel of Esquiline Hill
> Poem by Will Dockery
> Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe.

> Again, I love the Leonard Cohen poetry, but this poem is operating on a
> whole other level, one personal to me and my world, as is "Esquiline Hill"
> unique to me and the setting for my poetry, Shadowville.

> So, Ping: George Dance.

An earlier discussion where Michael Pendragon showed his cluelessness about Leonard Cohen once again.

🙂

Re: Angel of Esquiline Hill / Will Dockery

<16af8e238dfe75799c05ea6346909ba2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150341&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#150341

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 18:28:41 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 18:28 UTC

W.Dockery wrote:

> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>>> It's painfully obvious that your poem was "inspired," at least in part,
>>> from "Suzanne Takes You Down." In fact, I'd venture to guess that the
>>> vast majority of your poems are derived from rock or folkie songs (like
>>> that "Hotel California" clone)

>> Which you were also mistaken about, and I explained to you nearly endlessly.

>>> I'm just not well-versed enough in late 60s/early 70s music to pick up on
>>> them all.

>> Seriously, nothing like that is there, although I do love Leonard Cohen's
>> poetry, this is working in a very different area than "Suzanne"... ask
>> somebody who would actually know, like George Dance.

>> https://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8

>> Angel of Esquiline Hill
>> Poem by Will Dockery
>> Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe.

>> Again, I love the Leonard Cohen poetry, but this poem is operating on a
>> whole other level, one personal to me and my world, as is "Esquiline Hill"
>> unique to me and the setting for my poetry, Shadowville.

>> So, Ping: George Dance.

> An earlier discussion where Michael Pendragon showed his cluelessness about Leonard Cohen once again.

> 🙂

Voodoo Boy is a grade A dummy...

Re: Angel of Esquiline Hill / Will Dockery

<b16a34bf0e32d8caf1aec75214deddd6@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150379&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#150379

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 20:42:16 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 20:42 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> W.Dockery wrote:

>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>>> Which you were also mistaken about, and I explained to you nearly endlessly.

>>> Seriously, nothing like that is there, although I do love Leonard Cohen's
>>> poetry, this is working in a very different area than "Suzanne"... ask
>>> somebody who would actually know, like George Dance.

>>> https://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8

>>> Angel of Esquiline Hill
>>> Poem by Will Dockery
>>> Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe.

>>> Again, I love the Leonard Cohen poetry, but this poem is operating on a
>>> whole other level, one personal to me and my world, as is "Esquiline Hill"
>>> unique to me and the setting for my poetry, Shadowville.

>>> So, Ping: George Dance.

>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> An earlier discussion where Michael Pendragon showed his cluelessness about Leonard Cohen once again.

>> 🙂

> Voodoo Boy is a grade A dummy...

Pathetic, but true.

Re: Angel of Esquiline Hill / Will Dockery

<90abce7938a1bbc6326d6a21ac65c60c@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153324&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153324

Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 23:06:26 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 23:06 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> W.Dockery wrote:

>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>>> Which you were also mistaken about, and I explained to you nearly endlessly.

>>> Seriously, nothing like that is there, although I do love Leonard Cohen's
>>> poetry, this is working in a very different area than "Suzanne"... ask
>>> somebody who would actually know, like George Dance.

>>> https://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8

>>> Angel of Esquiline Hill
>>> Poem by Will Dockery
>>> Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe.

>>> Again, I love the Leonard Cohen poetry, but this poem is operating on a
>>> whole other level, one personal to me and my world, as is "Esquiline Hill"
>>> unique to me and the setting for my poetry, Shadowville.

>>> So, Ping: George Dance.

>> An earlier discussion where Michael Pendragon showed his cluelessness about Leonard Cohen once again.

> Voodoo Boy is a grade A dummy...

He sure doesn't know much about Leonard Cohen.

🙂