What, after all, is a halo? It's only one more thing to keep clean. -- Christopher Fry

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Originalanim8rfsk
+- Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Strotsky
`- Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "SA Friend

1
Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."

<269397779.681020940.615953.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149902&group=rec.arts.tv#149902

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original
Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:48:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 04:48 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> F------- morons. Not every series uses a frigging COLON in its name.
>
> CNN)Actress and singer Nichelle Nichols, best known for her
> groundbreaking portrayal of Lt. Nyota Uhura in "Star Trek: The Original
> Series," has died at age 89, according to a statement from her son, Kyle Johnson.

Her character’s name wasn’t Nyota either.

As I said to Uobie last night. CNN doesn’t publish opinion, it just plain
publishes lies.

Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."

<170732ae31184045$1$1070657$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149925&group=rec.arts.tv#149925

Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 05:44:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:44 UTC

On 8/1/2022 1:20 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 1 August 2022 at 00:48:38 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> F------- morons. Not every series uses a frigging COLON in its name.
>>>
>>> CNN)Actress and singer Nichelle Nichols, best known for her
>>> groundbreaking portrayal of Lt. Nyota Uhura in "Star Trek: The Original
>>> Series," has died at age 89, according to a statement from her son, Kyle Johnson.
>>>

>> Her character’s name wasn’t Nyota either.
>>
>> As I said to Uobie last night. CNN doesn’t publish opinion, it just plain
>> publishes lies.
>>
>> --
>> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
>
> This is just filler for them. The Left only care about the agenda.

Gay assholes alert.

Re: Hey CNN: It's not called, "Star Trek: The Original Series." It's frigging "Star Trek."

<010820220656047578%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149930&group=rec.arts.tv#149930

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 06:56:04 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:56 UTC

In article <c4651aca-2d3e-4bb1-af24-6017e9b5c21en@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 1 August 2022 at 00:48:38 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > F------- morons. Not every series uses a frigging COLON in its name.
> > >
> > > CNN)Actress and singer Nichelle Nichols, best known for her
> > > groundbreaking portrayal of Lt. Nyota Uhura in "Star Trek: The Original
> > > Series," has died at age 89, according to a statement from her son, Kyle
> > > Johnson.
> > >

> > Her character¹s name wasn¹t Nyota either.
> >
> > As I said to Uobie last night. CNN doesn¹t publish opinion, it just plain
> > publishes lies.
> >
> > --
> > The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
>
> This is just filler for them. The Left only care about the agenda.

Enough. There's a difference between lies and errors. Who the hell
would "lie" about this? And spare us the paranoid drivel about "the
agenda."

Yes, it would have been nice if CNN had vetted the details. My guess
is that they incautiously relied on the statement issued by the son,
Kyle Johnson. (This was not an unreasonable thing to have done.) Does
anybody have a link to the statement?