Subject: [NEWS] Star Trek: Picard prequel novel and comic book series
From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 20:26 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 08:26:48 +1200

More money you'll have to spend to know the whole story as the greedy fools split it into various different media formats, as usual.

From ComingSoon.net ...

    Star Trek: Picard prequel novel and comic book series in the works
    The Hollywood Reporter brings word that a Star Trek: Picard prequel
    novel and comic book series are currently in the works ahead of the
    show's debut in 2020 on CBS All Access.

    The prequel projects are meant to help fill the gap between the
    2002 film Star Trek: Nemesis and the Picard series. CBS Consumer
    Products, IDW Publishing, and Simon & Schuster's Galley Books are
    partnering on the projects.

    "From the moment we announced this series we've seen a groundswell
    of support from our fan base who are thrilled to have Jean-Luc
    Picard back on their screens. Having this brand new original
    backstory play out through both comic book and novel formats will
    set the stage for the new series in an exciting way while also
    showcasing the work of our talented partners at Simon & Schuster
    and IDW," said Veronica Hart, CBS Consumer products executive VP
    of global franchise management.

    Star Trek: Picard - Countdown is a three-issue comic book series
    from IDW that will center around a single mission that changed the
    life of Picard. Written by Mike Johnson and Picard supervising
    producer Kirsten Beyer, the comic books will run from November to
    January 2020.

    Galley Books will then release Una McCormack's novel The Last Best
    Hope in February 2020. The story will lead directly into the
    Picard TV show, including introducing new characters that will
    appear in the series.

    Star Trek: Picard will tell the next story of Picard's life,
    taking place after Star Trek: Next Generation. Plot details are
    being kept under wraps, but Star Trek: Discovery creator Alex
    Kurtzman revealed in March that it will be "a very different
    show from Discovery." He also mentioned that the series will be a
    "very thoughtful, psychological portrait in a lot of ways...
    Things have changed for [Picard] and changed him in some ways,
    and yet he is so deeply and fundamentally still Picard."

    The cast also includes Santiago Cabrera (Big Little Lies),
    Michelle Hurd (Blindspot), Evan Evagora (Fantasy Island), Alison
    Pill (The Newsroom), Harry Treadaway (Mr. Mercedes, Penny
    Dreadful), and Isa Briones (American Crime Story: Versace).

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1088377-runaways-season-3-crossover-cloak-dagger

From: Chubango
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 00:17 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: chuba...@gmail.com (Chubango)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 20:17:29 -0400
View all headers
On 01/08/2019 16.26, Your Name wrote:

More money you'll have to spend to know the whole story as the greedy fools split it into various different media formats, as usual.

 From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

Everything outside of the various series has been a waste of time since always. Let them publish as much as they want, I won't be buying!