Things are not always what they seem. -- Phaedrus

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Re: Hurricane

SubjectAuthor
* Hurricane@florence.it
`* Re: Hurricanekat
 +* Re: Hurricane@florence.it
 |`- Re: Hurricanekat
 `* Re: HurricaneJames Heaton
  `* Re: Hurricanekat
   `* Re: Hurricane@florence.it
    `- Re: Hurricanekat

1
Hurricane

<pguajhhftctu6o3hc32h2jfmf925g7trjj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1493&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1493

From: ...@florence.it@nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Hurricane
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 08:02:15 -0300
 by: ...@florence.it@nowhere - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 11:02 UTC

Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
(for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!

Re: Hurricane

<jplpl6Fsmo6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1494&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1494

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Hurricane
Date: 29 Sep 2022 14:50:15 GMT
 by: kat - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 14:50 UTC

<@florence.it> wrote:
> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!

Oddly that just where I am too.

Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.

Glad you survived the hurricane, I share its name. :-)

--

kat >^..^<

Re: Hurricane

<tjobjh5k8f8p9ekgqv1p27slcqgd0lvcg0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1495&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1495

From: ...@florence.it@nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 15:26:27 -0300
 by: ...@florence.it@nowhere - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:26 UTC

On 29 Sep 2022 14:50:15 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:

><@florence.it> wrote:
>> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
>> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
>> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
>> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
>> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!
>>

>Oddly that just where I am too.
>
>Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
>so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
>yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.
>
>Glad you survived the hurricane, I share its name. :-)
Glad you have been released, hope all goes smoothly now. My
granddaughter-in-law had a hysterectomy and if anything can go wrong,
it has poor soul.

One of my cousins in Scotland has a daughter Fiona and I told her we
weren't impressed by her upbringing!

Stay well!

Re: Hurricane

<th4tno$155o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1496&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1496

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 21:04:00 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 20:04 UTC

"kat" wrote in message news:jplpl6Fsmo6U1@mid.individual.net...

<@florence.it> wrote:
> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!
>

>Oddly that just where I am too.

>Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
>so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
>yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.

Nice to hear some good news for a change! Hope you are recovering well.

Healing powers are amazing, a friend had a 4x bypass a few years ago.

Over 6-8 weekly visits I saw him go from catatonic, through deeply confused,
to home and coping with help from carers. Amazing!

James

Re: Hurricane

<jpmiu6F1vtnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1497&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1497

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: 29 Sep 2022 22:01:42 GMT
 by: kat - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 22:01 UTC

<@florence.it> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2022 14:50:15 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <@florence.it> wrote:
>>> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
>>> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
>>> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
>>> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
>>> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!
>>>

>> Oddly that just where I am too.
>>
>> Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
>> so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
>> yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.
>>
>> Glad you survived the hurricane, I share its name. :-)
>
> Glad you have been released, hope all goes smoothly now. My
> granddaughter-in-law had a hysterectomy and if anything can go wrong,
> it has poor soul.

Oh dear, poor girl. I had one years ago and glad to say it went well. I do
hope she feels better soon.

> One of my cousins in Scotland has a daughter Fiona and I told her we
> weren't impressed by her upbringing!

We have tempers. :-)

> Stay well!

Thank you

--

kat >^..^<

Re: Hurricane

<jpmiu7F1vtnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1498&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1498

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: 29 Sep 2022 22:01:43 GMT

James Heaton <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> "kat" wrote in message news:jplpl6Fsmo6U1@mid.individual.net...
>
> <@florence.it> wrote:
>> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
>> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
>> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
>> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
>> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!
>>

>> Oddly that just where I am too.
>
>> Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
>> so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
>> yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.
>
> Nice to hear some good news for a change! Hope you are recovering well.
>
> Healing powers are amazing, a friend had a 4x bypass a few years ago.
>
> Over 6-8 weekly visits I saw him go from catatonic, through deeply confused,
> to home and coping with help from carers. Amazing!
>
> James

A bit up and down. Only had the op ( a triple) Wednesday last week, had a
bad day when my blood pressure dropped very low, but then a bit better
overall every day. Very tired today though. Was glad to get away from the
dire food , the waiting weeks locally it was ok, but not the last week.
Over cooked!

My husband can look after me , and my kids have looked after him! Glad your
friend recovered so well.

--

kat >^..^<

Re: Hurricane

<sqgdjh1knf0244a49lufd7csdk336mlufi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1499&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1499

From: ...@florence.it@nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:25:52 -0300
 by: ...@florence.it@nowhere - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 10:25 UTC

On 29 Sep 2022 22:01:43 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:

>James Heaton <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> "kat" wrote in message news:jplpl6Fsmo6U1@mid.individual.net...
>>
>> <@florence.it> wrote:
>>> Hurricane Fiona arrived last Friday and we lost power promptly, it
>>> finally came back on Tuesday, I tried not to whine as people living
>>> near the sea had houses that washed away etc. - far worse than just an
>>> inconvenience, so I had catchup to do for Corrie. Now I'm up to date
>>> (for here) with Stephens wife turning up demanding her money!
>>>

>>> Oddly that just where I am too.
>>
>>> Arrived home, finally, two days ago, operation over and now got to recover,
>>> so I can’t do much apart from catch up on stuff. But I had a bright day
>>> yesterday and watched several episodes, and two more today.
>>
>> Nice to hear some good news for a change! Hope you are recovering well.
>>
>> Healing powers are amazing, a friend had a 4x bypass a few years ago.
>>
>> Over 6-8 weekly visits I saw him go from catatonic, through deeply confused,
>> to home and coping with help from carers. Amazing!
>>
>> James
>>

>A bit up and down. Only had the op ( a triple) Wednesday last week, had a
>bad day when my blood pressure dropped very low, but then a bit better
>overall every day. Very tired today though. Was glad to get away from the
>dire food , the waiting weeks locally it was ok, but not the last week.
>Over cooked!
>
>My husband can look after me , and my kids have looked after him! Glad your
>friend recovered so well.

Sounds like you are doing well considering it's only just over a week
away! Our hospital food is vile also, seems to be a hospital trade
mark.

Keep the progress up and I hope you feel great really soon.

Re: Hurricane

<jpp5eiFe4o8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1500&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1500

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: 30 Sep 2022 21:29:54 GMT
 by: kat - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:29 UTC

<@florence.it> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2022 22:01:43 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> James Heaton <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Nice to hear some good news for a change! Hope you are recovering well.
>>>
>>> Healing powers are amazing, a friend had a 4x bypass a few years ago.
>>>
>>> Over 6-8 weekly visits I saw him go from catatonic, through deeply confused,
>>> to home and coping with help from carers. Amazing!
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> A bit up and down. Only had the op ( a triple) Wednesday last week, had a
>> bad day when my blood pressure dropped very low, but then a bit better
>> overall every day. Very tired today though. Was glad to get away from the
>> dire food , the waiting weeks locally it was ok, but not the last week.
>> Over cooked!
>>
>> My husband can look after me , and my kids have looked after him! Glad your
>> friend recovered so well.
>
> Sounds like you are doing well considering it's only just over a week
> away! Our hospital food is vile also, seems to be a hospital trade
> mark.
>
> Keep the progress up and I hope you feel great really soon.

My cousin suggested they make the food bad to encourage us to go home. She
was joking, but, it worked for me!

Odd seeing so many hospital scenes on Corrie just now, while it is all so
familiar to me! I am only a week behind now.

--