People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything.

arts / rec.arts.tv / BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

SubjectAuthor
* BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any PlatformBTR1701
+* Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released onanim8rfsk
|`* Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any PlatformBTR1701
| `- Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released onanim8rfsk
`- Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platformtrotsky

1
BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

<wNydnSuVjOkuOXT_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150206&group=rec.arts.tv#150206

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 22:26:59 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 22:26 UTC

BATGIRL, the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been
killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any
platform at the studio-- neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

The $90 million production-- starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon (aka
Batgirl) and directed by BAD BOYS FOR LIFE and MS. MARVEL filmmakers Adil El
Arbi and Bilall Fallah-- was greenlit in 2021 as part of a company-wide effort
at Warner Bros. to create feature films specifically for HBO Max. But the new
corporate regime at Warner Bros. Discovery has pivoted the company's
priorities back to theatrical features, leaving BATGIRL without a proper
home.

Studio insiders insist the decision was not driven by the quality of the film
or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio's slate
of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. BATGIRL was budgeted to screen in
homes on HBO Max, and not for a major global release in theaters. The budget
for the project, which finished principal photography earlier this year and
was in post-production, reached $90 million due in part to COVID-related
delays and protocols.

The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve
productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on their
investment. It also comes as Warner Bros. is still contending with what to do
about THE FLASH, a DC adaptation created and budgeted specifically for
theatrical release in 2023. The film has been utterly hamstrung by repeated
allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller.

And it's not like BATGIRL was a small movie, either. Along with Grace, J.K.
Simmons plays Barbara's father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and Michael Keaton
reprises his role as Batman (as he also does in THE FLASH). Brendan Fraser
plays the villain, Firefly, and Grace told Variety in April that she had
preliminary discussions with El Arbi and Fallah about what a sequel could be.

"There's crazy stunts, crazy drops," Grace said of the film. "She's a biker
chick, so you're going to see her do a bunch of badassery. There were a lot of
long days, but it was so worth it."

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batgirl-not-released-warner-bros-hbo-max-1235331897/

Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

<2072076934.681174083.903720.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150218&group=rec.arts.tv#150218

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on
Any Platform
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:17:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 23:17 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> BATGIRL, the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been
killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any
platform at the studio-- neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

Robin posted a different article about this earlier today. I am totally
mystified. They are dumping this because at $90 million it didn’t spend
enough money? I was so hoping their new strategy was “don’t release movies
that suck“

And I am so hoping this means they’re going to flush the flash.

> The $90 million production-- starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon (aka
Batgirl) and directed by BAD BOYS FOR LIFE and MS. MARVEL filmmakers Adil
El
Arbi and Bilall Fallah-- was greenlit in 2021 as part of a company-wide
effort
at Warner Bros. to create feature films specifically for HBO Max. But the
new
corporate regime at Warner Bros. Discovery has pivoted the company's
priorities back to theatrical features, leaving BATGIRL without a proper
home.

> Studio insiders insist the decision was not driven by the quality of the film
or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio's
slate
of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. BATGIRL was budgeted to screen
in
homes on HBO Max, and not for a major global release in theaters. The
budget
for the project, which finished principal photography earlier this
year and
was in post-production, reached $90 million due in part to COVID-related
delays and protocols.

> The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve
productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on their
investment. It also comes as Warner Bros. is still contending with what to
do
about THE FLASH, a DC adaptation created and budgeted specifically for
theatrical release in 2023. The film has been utterly hamstrung by repeated
allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller.

> And it's not like BATGIRL was a small movie, either. Along with Grace, J.K.
Simmons plays Barbara's father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and Michael Keaton
reprises his role as Batman (as he also does in THE FLASH). Brendan Fraser
plays the villain, Firefly,

But firefly is a black chick. Didn’t they watch GOTHAM?

And couldn’t they get Nathan Fillion?

and Grace told Variety in April that she had
preliminary discussions with El Arbi and Fallah about what a sequel could
be.

> "There's crazy stunts, crazy drops," Grace said of the film. "She's a biker
chick, so you're going to see her do a bunch of badassery. There were a lot
of
long days, but it was so worth it."

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batgirl-not-released-warner-bros-hbo-max-1235331897/

Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

<YYSdnYDSypKeT3T_nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150239&group=rec.arts.tv#150239

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 01:40:19 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 01:40 UTC

On Aug 2, 2022 at 4:17:56 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> BATGIRL, the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been
> killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any
> platform at the studio-- neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.
>>

> Robin posted a different article about this earlier today. I am totally
> mystified. They are dumping this because at $90 million it didn't spend
> enough money? I was so hoping their new strategy was "don't release movies
> that suck".
>
> And I am so hoping this means they're going to flush the flash.
>

>> The $90 million production-- starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon (aka
> Batgirl) and directed by BAD BOYS FOR LIFE and MS. MARVEL filmmakers Adil
> El
> Arbi and Bilall Fallah-- was greenlit in 2021 as part of a company-wide
> effort
> at Warner Bros. to create feature films specifically for HBO Max. But the
> new
> corporate regime at Warner Bros. Discovery has pivoted the company's
> priorities back to theatrical features, leaving BATGIRL without a proper
> home.
>>
>> Studio insiders insist the decision was not driven by the quality of the
>> film
> or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio's
> slate
> of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. BATGIRL was budgeted to screen
> in
> homes on HBO Max, and not for a major global release in theaters. The
> budget
> for the project, which finished principal photography earlier this
> year and
> was in post-production, reached $90 million due in part to COVID-related
> delays and protocols.
>>
>> The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve
> productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on their
> investment. It also comes as Warner Bros. is still contending with what to
> do
> about THE FLASH, a DC adaptation created and budgeted specifically for
> theatrical release in 2023. The film has been utterly hamstrung by repeated
> allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller.
>>
>> And it's not like BATGIRL was a small movie, either. Along with Grace, J.K.
> Simmons plays Barbara's father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and Michael Keaton
> reprises his role as Batman (as he also does in THE FLASH). Brendan Fraser
> plays the villain, Firefly,
>
> But firefly is a black chick. Didn't they watch GOTHAM?
>
> And couldn't they get Nathan Fillion?

In accordance with Hollywood law, this Batgirl was some flavor of bipock but
with JK Simmons as her dad, so I guess that means Commissioner Gordon was down
with the sistas.

Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

<1896543871.681184986.392870.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150251&group=rec.arts.tv#150251

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Any Platform
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 19:44:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 02:44 UTC

> [...]
>> investment. It also comes as Warner Bros. is still contending with what to
>> do
>> about THE FLASH, a DC adaptation created and budgeted specifically for
>> theatrical release in 2023. The film has been utterly hamstrung by repeated
>> allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller.
>>>
>>> And it's not like BATGIRL was a small movie, either. Along with Grace, J.K.
>> Simmons plays Barbara's father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and Michael Keaton
>> reprises his role as Batman (as he also does in THE FLASH). Brendan Fraser
>> plays the villain, Firefly,
>>
>> But firefly is a black chick. Didn't they watch GOTHAM?
>>
>> And couldn't they get Nathan Fillion?
>
> In accordance with Hollywood law, this Batgirl was some flavor of bipock but
with JK Simmons as her dad, so I guess that means Commissioner Gordon was

Actually there’s a theory with very strong evidence in support that Barbara
Gordon is the product of an incestuous relationship between either the
commissioner and his sister or the commissioner and his sister in law. She
has flipped parentage several times, probably around the time of the
crisis, and she’s been his daughter almost every time but briefly she was
his niece and I think she flipped between niece by blood and niece by
marriage. So when you said “down with the Sistas“ you weren’t kidding.

At one point they tried to explain how Gordon could be both her father and
her uncle by saying he adopted her after (presumably) the deaths of his
sister and her husband or possibly his brother and his wife. They never
were very good at keeping track of that either.

And let’s not get into the mess they made of her parentage in Gotham where
she’s apparently the illegitimste daughter of Gordon’s super hot super
crazy super villainess former girlfriend the original Barbara Gordon. And
I’ve got no idea where she got that red hair from. After Gordon’s first
relationship ends he’s supposed to end up with Sarah but they brought her
in early to Gotham as Gordon’s older beautiful black boss and if I recall
correctly killed her off.

And then Hillary Bader added the little bit where she was sleeping with
both Bruce and Dick which is what broke them up.

Re: BATGIRL Film Axed by Warner Bros., Won't be Released on Any Platform

<1707c8b3928ce527$33$1669734$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150292&group=rec.arts.tv#150292

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 03:15:59 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 08:15 UTC

On 8/2/2022 5:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> BATGIRL, the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been
> killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any
> platform at the studio-- neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

What the fuck, Eunuch Derp. You're one of the fake "freedom of speech
guys" but won't copy and paste the whole article? You skipped the part
that will be of most interest to GQPs:

Also on the chopping block, “Scoob!: Holiday Haunt,” a followup to the
2020 film “Scoob!,” has been shelved by the studio. Footage for the
animated adaptation of the “Scooby-Doo” series was showcased in a sizzle
reel for HBO Max back in December 2021. Sources indicate that the
production had cost Warner Bros. $40 million.

Anim8r will be crushed. He might go on hunger strike, no semen for him
for at least two days!