From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Goooooood Morning, Usenet!
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 16:07:04 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:07 UTC

Good morning! Who's stoked for a tax increase in the middle of a recession?
With a bonus of massive new empowerment for the IRS!

(Biden isn't hiring 87,000 new IRS agents just to go after a couple hundred
billionaires. Enjoy your audits.)

Re: Goooooood Morning, Usenet!

<1707a54b3ccca5d2$19$1070657$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150198&group=rec.arts.tv#150198

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:45:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Goooooood Morning, Usenet!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:45 UTC

On 8/2/2022 11:07 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Good morning! Who's stoked for a tax increase in the middle of a recession?

Are you saying you're so fucking stupid as to not even comprehend whose
taxes would be raised? Since joining the Oath Keepers your abject
stupidity seems to be growing exponentially.

Re: Goooooood Morning, Usenet!

<1707a5fa199221a5$1$23012$d54a64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150200&group=rec.arts.tv#150200

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:57:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:57 UTC

On 8/2/2022 11:07 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Good morning! Who's stoked for a tax increase in the middle of a recession?
> With a bonus of massive new empowerment for the IRS!
>
> (Biden isn't hiring 87,000 new IRS agents just to go after a couple hundred
> billionaires. Enjoy your audits.)

Since you've decided to out and out lie about this let me help set the
record straight:

https://www.gibsondunn.com/inflation-reduction-act-of-2022-would-modify-tax-treatment-of-carried-interests-include-corporate-minimum-tax-and-expand-clean-energy-tax-incentives/

Corporate Minimum Tax

The Act would subject corporations with book income in excess of $1
billion to a 15 percent alternative minimum tax (“AMT”). The AMT is
substantially similar to the revised version of the Build Back Better
Act advanced by the Senate Finance Committee in late 2021. Critics of
the AMT have noted that imposing a tax on book income instead of taxable
income undermines certain tax benefits, such as bonus depreciation,
timing benefits, and other differences between financial and tax
accounting standards, and could create other unintended mismatches.

Since corporations are going to start to pay their fair share GQPs must
be peeing their pants and giving each other monkeypox over this because
without corporate donors they are fucked with a capital f u c k e d.
Who the motherfuck do you think your fooling you fucking idiot?

Re: Goooooood Morning, Usenet!

<tccoaj$1t7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150255&group=rec.arts.tv#150255

From: kkensing...@gmail.invalid (kensi)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 22:59:31 -0400
 by: kensi - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 02:59 UTC

On 2022-08-02 12:07 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> Good morning! Who's stoked for a tax increase in the middle of a recession?

Your side's patron saint, for one:

https://www.forbes.com/2010/02/02/barack-obama-ronald-reagan-budget-taxes-opinions-contributors-rob-shapiro.html

"Reagan's admirers are less likely to tout the tax hikes he accepted as
the 1981 recession began to unravel his long-term fiscal picture -- a
large tax increase on business in 1982, higher payroll taxes enacted in
1983 and higher energy taxes in 1984."

Oh, but it gets worse:

"A decade later, when a serious recession and higher spending began to
upend the fiscal outlook again, the first President Bush similarly
raised taxes on higher-income people in 1991."

Taxing their way out of a recession is a proud Republican tradition, and
you blaspheme against Saint Ronnie and all the plutocrat angels by
suggesting otherwise and yet daring to call yourself a conservative.

in here." ~Checkmate