Gratitude, like love, is never a dependable international emotion. -- Joseph Alsop

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDavid Johnston
`* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inAdam H. Kerman
 +- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movietrotsky
 `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDavid Johnston
  `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inAdam H. Kerman
   +* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
   |+* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutAdam H. Kerman
   ||+* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
   |||`- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movietrotsky
   ||`* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movietrotsky
   || `- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieUbiquitous
   |+- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieshawn
   |`* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieThe Horny Goat
   | `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
   |  `- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDimensional Traveler
   `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDavid Johnston
    +* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieBTR1701
    |`- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
    `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inAdam H. Kerman
     `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDavid Johnston
      +* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieshawn
      |+* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      ||`* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutAdam H. Kerman
      || `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      ||  `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDimensional Traveler
      ||   `- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      |`* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieAdam H. Kerman
      | `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieshawn
      |  +- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieAdam H. Kerman
      |  `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      |   +* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutAdam H. Kerman
      |   |+- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movieshawn
      |   |`- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      |   `* Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDimensional Traveler
      |    `- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans aboutanim8rfsk
      +- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inDimensional Traveler
      `- Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites inAdam H. Kerman

Pages:12
Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<tcem8h$2eqsi$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150370&group=rec.arts.tv#150370

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about
whites in superhero movies
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:07:16 -0600, David Johnston
>> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Read the bloody subject line.

>> Yeah, I was just thinking about this and haven't there been a couple
>> of comedies that were based around Super heroes. Not necessarily great
>> movies but low budget and easily produced by someone like her. I
>> remember one but can't remember the name or the actor, but it was a
>> black comedian that gained super powers and worked to clean up his
>> neighborhood.
>
>The Meteor Man (1993)
>

>Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>> $30 million and had Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson and Anna Faris. So
>> there's no excuse for Alba to not go out and make her own movie if she
>> really wants it.
>>

>SKY HIGH was good.
>
>Of course some people would say that about Howard the duck.

Are any of them sober?

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<2eoleh5155h0bbbpv5rmofqjhduf9cu0ol@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150376&group=rec.arts.tv#150376

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 17:01:24 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:01 UTC

On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>>Yeah, I was just thinking about this and haven't there been a couple
>>of comedies that were based around Super heroes. Not necessarily great
>>movies but low budget and easily produced by someone like her. I
>>remember one but can't remember the name or the actor, but it was a
>>black comedian that gained super powers and worked to clean up his
>>neighborhood. Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>>$30 million and had Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson and Anna Faris. So
>>there's no excuse for Alba to not go out and make her own movie if she
>>really wants it.
>
>I despise My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It's a mean-spirited movie and I've
>never made it past a half hour.

I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
successful at making a super hero movie.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<tceonm$2fc8u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150378&group=rec.arts.tv#150378

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:18:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:18 UTC

>Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>Yeah, I was just thinking about this and haven't there been a couple
>>>of comedies that were based around Super heroes. Not necessarily great
>>>movies but low budget and easily produced by someone like her. I
>>>remember one but can't remember the name or the actor, but it was a
>>>black comedian that gained super powers and worked to clean up his
>>>neighborhood. Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>>>$30 million and had Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson and Anna Faris. So
>>>there's no excuse for Alba to not go out and make her own movie if she
>>>really wants it.

>>I despise My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It's a mean-spirited movie and I've
>>never made it past a half hour.

>I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>successful at making a super hero movie.

Yes, I agree. It's possible to make an independent superhero movie,
which was Rich's original point. It's possible to make a good movie
starting with a really good script.

But that movie is an example of what not to do.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<79805150.681276307.711422.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150417&group=rec.arts.tv#150417

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:32:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 03:32 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I was just thinking about this and haven't there been a couple
>>> of comedies that were based around Super heroes. Not necessarily great
>>> movies but low budget and easily produced by someone like her. I
>>> remember one but can't remember the name or the actor, but it was a
>>> black comedian that gained super powers and worked to clean up his
>>> neighborhood.
>>
>> The Meteor Man (1993)
>>

>> Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>>> $30 million and had Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson and Anna Faris. So
>>> there's no excuse for Alba to not go out and make her own movie if she
>>> really wants it.
>>>

>> SKY HIGH was good.
>>
>> Of course some people would say that about Howard the duck.
>
> Are any of them sober?

Lol

Yeah, I have never gotten the duck love

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<1255360322.681276381.004038.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150418&group=rec.arts.tv#150418

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:32:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 03:32 UTC

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I was just thinking about this and haven't there been a couple
>>> of comedies that were based around Super heroes. Not necessarily great
>>> movies but low budget and easily produced by someone like her. I
>>> remember one but can't remember the name or the actor, but it was a
>>> black comedian that gained super powers and worked to clean up his
>>> neighborhood. Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>>> $30 million and had Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson and Anna Faris. So
>>> there's no excuse for Alba to not go out and make her own movie if she
>>> really wants it.
>>
>> I despise My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It's a mean-spirited movie and I've
>> never made it past a half hour.
>
> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
> successful at making a super hero movie.

If you include TV there’s always

The middleman

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<tcfgpc$2noge$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150423&group=rec.arts.tv#150423

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:09:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:09 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I despise My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It's a mean-spirited movie and I've
>>> never made it past a half hour.
>>
>> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>> successful at making a super hero movie.
>>

>If you include TV there's always

>The middleman

Middleman!

Huh. Inexpensive AND a good script adapted from a witty comic book
series. They managed to cast an actress of Cuban descent!

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<tcfh8c$2np5h$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150427&group=rec.arts.tv#150427

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in
superhero movies
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:17:19 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:17 UTC

On 8/3/2022 8:32 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> The Meteor Man (1993)
>>>

>>> Then there is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND which was made for
>>>>

>>> SKY HIGH was good.
>>>
>>> Of course some people would say that about Howard the duck.
>>
>> Are any of them sober?
>>

> Lol
>
> Yeah, I have never gotten the duck love

Lea Thompson apparently did. O_o

But at least Howard the Duck ended up in a glass canister in Guardians
of the Galaxy.... :)

dirty old man.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<tcfh99$2np5h$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150428&group=rec.arts.tv#150428

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
superhero movies
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 21:17:48 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:17 UTC

On 8/3/2022 8:32 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:36:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I despise My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It's a mean-spirited movie and I've
>>> never made it past a half hour.
>>
>> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>> successful at making a super hero movie.
>>

> If you include TV there’s always
>

> The middleman

MIDDLEMAN!

dirty old man.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<n2pmehps00a541jc47s3kli82tk9cdqof0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150437&group=rec.arts.tv#150437

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 02:17:16 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 06:17 UTC

On Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:09:16 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>>> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>>> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>>> successful at making a super hero movie.
>>>

>>If you include TV there's always
>
>>The middleman
>
>Middleman!
>
>Huh. Inexpensive AND a good script adapted from a witty comic book
>series. They managed to cast an actress of Cuban descent!

Also THE TICK!

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<1236243326.681284650.578988.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150438&group=rec.arts.tv#150438

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 23:19:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 06:19 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>>> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>>> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>>> successful at making a super hero movie.
>>>

>> If you include TV there's always
>
>> The middleman
>
> Middleman!
>
> Huh. Inexpensive AND a good script adapted from a witty comic book
> series. They managed to cast an actress of Cuban descent!

Of course in the comics she was more like a red haired Amber Benson.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<637295357.681284699.927002.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150439&group=rec.arts.tv#150439

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 23:19:17 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 8/3/2022 8:32 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Are any of them sober?
>>>

>> Lol
>>
>> Yeah, I have never gotten the duck love
>>
> Lea Thompson apparently did. O_o

:)

> But at least Howard the Duck ended up in a glass canister in Guardians
> of the Galaxy.... :)

And is inexplicably entertaining in those cameos.

Re: Coloured when convenient, Jessica Alba moans about whites in superhero movies

<1522117510.681284774.815727.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150440&group=rec.arts.tv#150440

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
whites in superhero movies
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 23:19:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 06:19 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 8/3/2022 8:32 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I have no feelings one way or the other on the movie as I've never
>>> seen it. It's just an example of how it is possible to make a
>>> super-hero movie without spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>> Alba never had to compete head on with the Marvel/DC movies to be
>>> successful at making a super hero movie.
>>>

>> If you include TV there’s always
>>

>> The middleman
>>
> MIDDLEMAN!

Ahhhhhhh…