Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 18:04:20 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Subject: I can't believe...
 by: trotsky - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:04 UTC

I can't believe Elon Musk isn't all over the internet saying that Alex
Jones is having his "freedom of speech" violated.

Re: I can't believe...

<RF%GK.794470$JVi.590595@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150583&group=rec.arts.tv#150583

Subject: Re: I can't believe...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 22:56:45 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 02:56 UTC

On 8/4/2022 8:44 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 August 2022 at 19:04:33 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I can't believe Elon Musk isn't all over the internet saying that Alex
>> Jones is having his "freedom of speech" violated.
>
> Jones ventured an opinion. We aren't even allowed that now, if it rubs the Deep State
> agenda the wrong way. The truth is, Sandy Hook wouldn't have supported any kind of
> crazy theory had there not been oddities with it in the first place. When they look back
> at that recent school shooting (say in 20 years) I suspect the image of the Texas cops
> won't seem as bad as it is now, because the story will have been "modified."

"Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax
on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the government
so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting
“completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis
actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event..."

Hint: What you state as fact is not a "ventured opinion".

Re: I can't believe...

<170869711d3ea072$1$450470$4cd50660@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150611&group=rec.arts.tv#150611

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 04:34:24 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:34 UTC

On 8/4/2022 9:56 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/4/2022 8:44 PM, RichA wrote:
>> On Thursday, 4 August 2022 at 19:04:33 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I can't believe Elon Musk isn't all over the internet saying that Alex
>>> Jones is having his "freedom of speech" violated.
>>
>> Jones ventured an opinion.  We aren't even allowed that now, if it
>> rubs the Deep State
>> agenda the wrong way.  The truth is, Sandy Hook wouldn't have
>> supported any kind of
>> crazy theory had there not been oddities with it in the first place.
>> When they look back
>>   at that recent school shooting (say in 20 years)  I suspect the
>> image of the Texas cops
>> won't seem as bad as it is now, because the story will have been
>> "modified."
>
>    "Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax
> on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the government
> so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
>    In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting
> “completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis
> actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event..."
>
> Hint: What you state as fact is not a "ventured opinion".

No, Rich is correct, Alex Jones offered an opinion and it will cost him
millions of dollars for being such horseshit. I can't even guess what
the punitive amount will be. The worthless fat fuck will have to cut
waaaaaay back on cheeseburgers now.

Re: I can't believe...

<1708699646d9249a$4$450470$4cd50660@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150614&group=rec.arts.tv#150614

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 04:42:31 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:42 UTC

On 8/4/2022 7:44 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 August 2022 at 19:04:33 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I can't believe Elon Musk isn't all over the internet saying that Alex
>> Jones is having his "freedom of speech" violated.
>
> Jones ventured an opinion. We aren't even allowed that now, if it rubs the Deep State
> agenda the wrong way. The truth is, Sandy Hook wouldn't have supported any kind of
> crazy theory had there not been oddities with it in the first place. When they look back
> at that recent school shooting (say in 20 years) I suspect the image of the Texas cops
> won't seem as bad as it is now, because the story will have been "modified."

Yeah, that's a shame. What Jones said was psychologically damaging and
if a jury of one's peers agrees, Jones is fucked nine ways to Sunday.
You seem to be more inclined towards Sharia Law so perhaps you should
convert to Islam.

Hope this helps.

Re: I can't believe...

<tJ9HK.608865$70j.206280@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150648&group=rec.arts.tv#150648

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:23:20 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 14:23 UTC

On 8/5/2022 5:34 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 8/4/2022 9:56 PM, moviePig wrote:
>>>
>>> Jones ventured an opinion.  We aren't even allowed that now, if it
>>> rubs the Deep State
>>> agenda the wrong way.  The truth is, Sandy Hook wouldn't have
>>> supported any kind of
>>> crazy theory had there not been oddities with it in the first place.
>>> When they look back
>>>   at that recent school shooting (say in 20 years)  I suspect the
>>> image of the Texas cops
>>> won't seem as bad as it is now, because the story will have been
>>> "modified."
>>
>>     "Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a
>> hoax on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the
>> government so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
>>     In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting
>> “completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis
>> actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event..."
>>
>> Hint: What [one states] as fact is not a "ventured opinion".
>
> No, Rich is correct, Alex Jones offered an opinion and it will cost him
> millions of dollars for being such horseshit.  I can't even guess what
> the punitive amount will be.  The worthless fat fuck will have to cut
> waaaaaay back on cheeseburgers now.

If the text I quoted above is accurate, Jones didn't offer it as
'opinion' but asserted it as established fact. Afaik, the law
distinguishes between the two, which it should, lest we are to
nihilistically presume that everyone's always talking out of his ass.

Re: I can't believe...

<170892b48d54d247$3$971582$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150774&group=rec.arts.tv#150774

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:14:05 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 22:14 UTC

On 8/5/2022 9:23 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/5/2022 5:34 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>>     "Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a
>>> hoax on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the
>>> government so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
>>>     In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting
>>> “completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis
>>> actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event..."
>>>
>>> Hint: What [one states] as fact is not a "ventured opinion".
>>
>> No, Rich is correct, Alex Jones offered an opinion and it will cost
>> him millions of dollars for being such horseshit.  I can't even guess
>> what the punitive amount will be.  The worthless fat fuck will have to
>> cut waaaaaay back on cheeseburgers now.
>
> If the text I quoted above is accurate, Jones didn't offer it as
> 'opinion' but asserted it as established fact.  Afaik, the law
> distinguishes between the two, which it should, lest we are to
> nihilistically presume that everyone's always talking out of his ass.

Really? You didn't detect the flashing banner saying "SARCASM" that
accompanied my post?

Re: I can't believe...

<x5kHK.629766$J0r9.140219@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150825&group=rec.arts.tv#150825

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 22:11:39 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 02:11 UTC

On 8/5/2022 6:14 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 8/5/2022 9:23 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> No, Rich is correct, Alex Jones offered an opinion and it will cost
>>> him millions of dollars for being such horseshit.  I can't even guess
>>> what the punitive amount will be.  The worthless fat fuck will have
>>> to cut waaaaaay back on cheeseburgers now.
>>
>> If the text I quoted above is accurate, Jones didn't offer it as
>> 'opinion' but asserted it as established fact.  Afaik, the law
>> distinguishes between the two, which it should, lest we are to
>> nihilistically presume that everyone's always talking out of his ass.
>>

> Really?  You didn't detect the flashing banner saying "SARCASM" that
> accompanied my post?

Must'a blinked...

Re: I can't believe...

<tcku14$1lfu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150852&group=rec.arts.tv#150852

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 23:25:55 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 05:25 UTC

On 2022-08-04 6:44 p.m., RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 August 2022 at 19:04:33 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I can't believe Elon Musk isn't all over the internet saying that Alex
>> Jones is having his "freedom of speech" violated.
>
> Jones ventured an opinion.

He told a lie.

>We aren't even allowed that now,

We never were. We could never wreck and endanger people's lives with
defamation and be immune to the consequences.