"I've seen, I SAY, I've seen better heads on a mug of beer" -- Senator Claghorn

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionDavid Johnston
+* Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionDimensional Traveler
|`- Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionUbiquitous
+- Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutiontrotsky
`- Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionEd Stasiak

1
Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<tchurv$1che$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150578&group=rec.arts.tv#150578

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 20:21:50 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 02:21 UTC

On 2022-07-27 5:51 p.m., RichA wrote:
> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems for rapidly bringing in outside air at night. Air can be vented (filtered) into the house during hot periods at night when the temperatures are more moderate. Temperatures in moderate climates typical average in summer 30 deg. C in the day and low or below 20's at night. This would provide at least a 5 degree C delta in air temperature inside the house versus not having such a ventilation system. Plus, it would bring in "healthier" air than what they now have in these R-30 and R-49 insulated homes which retain all kinds of cooking smoke and chemicals. This would lessen the need for AC. Could be applied anyplace in the world.

That's a very useful suggestion for people living in houses that are
more than a century old.

Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<tci5nk$32etv$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150591&group=rec.arts.tv#150591

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 21:19:03 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 04:19 UTC

On 8/4/2022 7:21 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2022-07-27 5:51 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems
>> for rapidly bringing in outside air at night.  Air can be vented
>> (filtered) into the house during hot periods at night when the
>> temperatures are more moderate. Temperatures in moderate climates
>> typical average in summer 30 deg. C in the day and low or below 20's
>> at night.  This would provide at least a 5 degree C delta in air
>> temperature inside the house versus not having such a ventilation
>> system.  Plus, it would bring in "healthier" air than what they now
>> have in these R-30 and R-49 insulated homes which retain all kinds of
>> cooking smoke and chemicals.  This would lessen the need for AC.
>> Could be applied anyplace in the world.
>
> That's a very useful suggestion for people living in houses that are
> more than a century old.

Those ARE the newer buildings. What are you going to do for the
majority that are living in older buildings? :P

dirty old man.

Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<17086b3b4c06f7df$2$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150620&group=rec.arts.tv#150620

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 05:12:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:12 UTC

On 8/4/2022 9:21 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2022-07-27 5:51 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems
>> for rapidly bringing in outside air at night.  Air can be vented
>> (filtered) into the house during hot periods at night when the
>> temperatures are more moderate. Temperatures in moderate climates
>> typical average in summer 30 deg. C in the day and low or below 20's
>> at night.  This would provide at least a 5 degree C delta in air
>> temperature inside the house versus not having such a ventilation
>> system.  Plus, it would bring in "healthier" air than what they now
>> have in these R-30 and R-49 insulated homes which retain all kinds of
>> cooking smoke and chemicals.  This would lessen the need for AC.
>> Could be applied anyplace in the world.
>
> That's a very useful suggestion for people living in houses that are
> more than a century old.

One wonders if the the weasel was sitting in an air conditioned rubber
room when he wrote that.

Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<tciufu$34hak$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150628&group=rec.arts.tv#150628

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tci5nk$32etv$3@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:
> On 8/4/2022 7:21 PM, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2022-07-27 5:51 p.m., RichA wrote:

>>> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems
>>> for rapidly bringing in outside air at night.  Air can be vented
>>> (filtered) into the house during hot periods at night when the
>>> temperatures are more moderate. Temperatures in moderate climates
>>> typical average in summer 30 deg. C in the day and low or below 20's
>>> at night.  This would provide at least a 5 degree C delta in air
>>> temperature inside the house versus not having such a ventilation
>>> system.  Plus, it would bring in "healthier" air than what they now
>>> have in these R-30 and R-49 insulated homes which retain all kinds of
>>> cooking smoke and chemicals.  This would lessen the need for AC.
>>> Could be applied anyplace in the world.

They've already done this long before air conditioning was invented.

>> That's a very useful suggestion for people living in houses that are
>> more than a century old.
>
>Those ARE the newer buildings. What are you going to do for the
>majority that are living in older buildings? :P

There exist room air conditioners that work very well now.
Europeans do not heat or cool their entire house.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<aa7e2af1-2c03-4737-b2a5-b90c957cfddcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150666&group=rec.arts.tv#150666

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 15:58 UTC

> David Johnston
> > RichA
> >
> > Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems
> > for rapidly bringing in outside air at night.
>
> That's a very useful suggestion for people living in houses that are
> more than a century old.

Indeed it is very useful, as older homes without existing forced air heating
systems can be a pain in the ass to install an attic AC system.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/83QAAOSwKhJdRNOS/s-l640.jpg