From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.flame
Subject: RECEIPTS: Jack Posobiec burns Jon Stewart after uninformed "meltdown" over Senate Veterans bill - As Human Events Daily's Jack Posobiec pointed out, the senators weren't voting against veterans, they were voting against a random $400 billion that had been snuck into the bill.
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

When the Senate GOP declined to pass the PACT Act this week, comedian and
pundit Jon Stewart blasted from for what he termed voting against veterans.
But as Human Events Daily's Jack Posobiec pointed out, the senators weren't
voting against veterans, they were voting against a random $400 billion that
had been snuck into the bill.

Posobiec took a look at the bill, which was passed in June, but then required
to be put up for a revote after the House made a change to the legislation.
The change in the bill up for a vote before the Senate, according to the
Congressional Budget Office, was to the tune of $400 billion in completely
unrelated spending.

Here are links to the House and Senate bill scores from the CBO, again,
an non-partisan office

House - https://t.co/e1e4ZrrSvy

Senate - https://t.co/cFMclUYM7o

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

Posobiec cited Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey, who said that his "concern
about the bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill. It's not about
about the $280 billion, approximately $280 billion of new spending that is
meant to be required under this bill for the VA [Veteran's Administration] to
cover healthcare, and other benefits for veterans who are exposed to toxic
burn pits.

$400 Billion dollars https://t.co/n4VIjTnPhz

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

In response, Joseph Hickman, who authored a book on burn pits, said: "Jack is
right, everyone would have voted for it, if the Dems didn't add 400 billion
dollars in additional spending to the bill that has nothing to do with the
burn pits. It was a political move in an election year."

I literally wrote the book on the burn pits. Jack is right, everyone
would have voted for it, if the Dems didn't add 400 billion dollars in
additional spending to the bill that has nothing to do with the burn
pits. It was a political move in an election year.

-- Joseph Hickman (@JosephHickman0) July 30, 2022

"What I want to change," Toomey continued, "has absolutely nothing to do with
any of that." Toomey said that he expects that there would be 85 votes for
the bill if the issue was remedied.

I'm not even really a big Pat Toomey guy (we have history in PA), but
he's telling the truth here no cap
https://t.co/Ef9uiaG3UR

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

That issue, he said, is "completely unrelated to the $280 in new spending,
there is a mechanism created in this bill, a budgetary gimmick, that has the
intent of making it possible to have a huge explosion in unrelated spending,
$400 billion."

"This budgetary gimmick," he went on, "is so unrelated to the actual veterans
issue that has to do with burn pits that it's not even in the House version
of this bill. The fact is that we can fix this tonight."

Toomey urged his Democrat colleagues to remove the unrelated spending and get
the bill passed to help veterans.

Texas Senator Ted Cruz echoed Toomey's points, saying "Jon, you're a funny
guy and I appreciate your engaging on issues of public policy, that's a good
thing. But if you're gonna do so, the facts matter.

"Listen, when it concerns the PACT Act, I support the PACT Act. I voted for
the PACT Act, and I've advocated for it for a long time. We have an
obligation to take care of our veterans, particularly those who were wounded
or injured from burn puts or in other ways from combat."

Literally @tedcruz even said he'd vote for the PACT Act if the Dems
take out the $400B in separate spending, and @JonStewart responded by
screaming and insulting him

What gives, Jon? pic.twitter.com/6pPuU8utjj

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

"The issue here," Cruz continued, "is the Democrats included in this bill an
accounting gimmick where they took $400 billion of spending, discretionary
spending, they shifted it to mandatory spending didn't change the amount at
all.

"But the reason they did that is it created a hole for $400 billion in new
discretionary spending. Their objective? They want to cram $400 billion in
unrelated spending into this bill that has nothing to do with veterans. Now
given inflation that is skyrocketing this country, I think another 400
billion in spending is irresponsible."

"Let me be clear," Cruz said, "I support every single penny of the $679
billion dollars of funding for veteran's health care."

This reality was not something Stewart was aware of when he blasted those who
didn't vote for the bill with the extra $400 billion in it.

Stewart freaked out for almost 10 minutes, saying that the GOP senators
didn't care about vets. "So ain't this a b*tch?" Stewart said after the vote.
"America's heroes, who fought in our wars, outside sweating their asses off,
with oxygen, battling all kinds of ailments, while these motherf*ckers sit in
the air conditioning, walled off from any of it. They don't have to hear it,
they don't have to see it. They don't have to understand that these are human
beings."

Posobiec ripped into another fabrication propagated by Stewart. "Earlier this
year," Posobiec wrote, "he claimed he never called Harry Potter anti-Semitic
and I caught him changing his YouTube video titles after the controversy went
viral."

Did Jon Stewart change the thumbnail on his Harry Potter video after
it went viral?
pic.twitter.com/UcdymXKwt1

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) January 5, 2022

When caught making that change and lying about it, Stewart said he didn't
necessarily say that JK Rowling, who authored the Harry Potter series ,was
antisemitic. He said "none of that is true," he said, going into a long-
winded response about watching the films "as a Jewish man."

You can go back and look at how he responded. He didn't even say he
misspokeHe lied about it, and screamed at people for reporting exactly
what he said, like a child when they're caught

This is who he is https://t.co/OLinzo4guY

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

This, Posobiec said, as a veteran who understands the problems of burn pits
and the need to help veterans who have suffered lasting injuries and
"permanent health problems as a result."

And for the record, I'm a veteran who has multiple friends with
permanent health problems bc of burn pits. Both sides need to just
stop screwing around and get this done. And Democrat celebs like
@JonStewart who never served can shut the funk up.

-- Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 30, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!