It's very inconvenient to be mortal -- you never know when everything may suddenly stop happening.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionEd Stasiak
`- Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solutionanim8rfsk

1
Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<969b6c95-f02d-411b-af60-2ee251120df6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150664&group=rec.arts.tv#150664

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:53:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 15:53 UTC

> RichA
>
> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems for rapidly bringing in outside air at night.

I've got a whole house attic vent fan that dad installed back in the 1970s
as the house has baseboard radiant heat and installing conventional AC
up in the attic was too expensive (though I had AC installed, because fuck
living without AC!).

Something like this:
https://activerain-store.s3.amazonaws.com/image_store/uploads/1/9/3/3/5/ar130851269853391.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/2e/25/ea2e2552c30103bd9c79e9c073a5f793.jpg

Attic vent fans are a huge money saver when used at night to draw in cool air,
which not only cools the living space but the attic also (including the mass of
the lumber, shingles, etc. that absorb heat during the day) which means it
takes that much longer before the AC needs to kick on. I highly recommend
getting one but course if it's still hot and muggy at night, you need AC.

Re: Europeans cry about not having AC. There is a partial solution

<447003961.681413126.912932.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150729&group=rec.arts.tv#150729

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 11:49:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 18:49 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> RichA
>>
>> Start designing houses so there are very good air induction systems for
>> rapidly bringing in outside air at night.
>
> I've got a whole house attic vent fan that dad installed back in the 1970s
> as the house has baseboard radiant heat and installing conventional AC
> up in the attic was too expensive (though I had AC installed, because fuck
> living without AC!).
>
> Something like this:
> https://activerain-store.s3.amazonaws.com/image_store/uploads/1/9/3/3/5/ar130851269853391.jpg
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/2e/25/ea2e2552c30103bd9c79e9c073a5f793.jpg
>
> Attic vent fans are a huge money saver when used at night to draw in cool air,
> which not only cools the living space but the attic also (including the mass of
> the lumber, shingles, etc. that absorb heat during the day) which means it
> takes that much longer before the AC needs to kick on. I highly recommend
> getting one but course if it's still hot and muggy at night, you need AC.

You get cool air at night?