From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dogs are now getting married -- how will conservatives react?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 09:55:49 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 16:55 UTC

On Sat, 06 Aug 2022 00:37:09 -0500, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>A Sweet Shelter
>Dog 'Couple' Get Married!
>People
>August 15, 2022
>
>FARGO, N. DAK. - Pit bull pair Fran and Earl are inseparable. "They are
>attached at the hip and always together," said Heather Klefstad of
>Homeward Animal Shelter, which cared for the dogs before their recent
>adaptation. To ensure the devoted dogs found a forever home together, on
>July 12 the shelter "married" the duo. "I thought these two little
>lovebirds needed a wedding!" says Klefstad. For the ceremony, Fran, 9,
>wore pearls and a flowing veil, and Earl, 11 1/2, wore a black top hat
>(briefly!). The dogs also enjoyed a pet-friendly wedding cake and
>received a marriage certificate "signed" with their paw prints.

That's crazy. Now no question our local Catfe (about 80% cat shelter,
20% coffee) has pictures of all their cats for adoption on their walls
around their 'kitty playground' and several are marked 'bonded pairs'
no one would ever describe it as a marital relationship.

Re: Dogs are now getting married -- how will conservatives react?

<tcmav1$ll8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150935&group=rec.arts.tv#150935

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:12:51 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 18:12 UTC

On 8/6/2022 9:55 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2022 00:37:09 -0500, super70s
> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> A Sweet Shelter
>> Dog 'Couple' Get Married!
>> People
>> August 15, 2022
>>
>> FARGO, N. DAK. - Pit bull pair Fran and Earl are inseparable. "They are
>> attached at the hip and always together," said Heather Klefstad of
>> Homeward Animal Shelter, which cared for the dogs before their recent
>> adaptation. To ensure the devoted dogs found a forever home together, on
>> July 12 the shelter "married" the duo. "I thought these two little
>> lovebirds needed a wedding!" says Klefstad. For the ceremony, Fran, 9,
>> wore pearls and a flowing veil, and Earl, 11 1/2, wore a black top hat
>> (briefly!). The dogs also enjoyed a pet-friendly wedding cake and
>> received a marriage certificate "signed" with their paw prints.
>
> That's crazy. Now no question our local Catfe (about 80% cat shelter,
> 20% coffee) has pictures of all their cats for adoption on their walls
> around their 'kitty playground' and several are marked 'bonded pairs'
> no one would ever describe it as a marital relationship.

Its less about the "rights" of the animals and more about the morale of
the shelter employees who have to watch so many of their charges get
euthanized.

dirty old man.

Re: Dogs are now getting married -- how will conservatives react?

<060820222210279469%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151012&group=rec.arts.tv#151012

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 22:10:27 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 02:10 UTC

In article <tcmav1$ll8$1@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 8/6/2022 9:55 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Aug 2022 00:37:09 -0500, super70s
> > <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> A Sweet Shelter
> >> Dog 'Couple' Get Married!
> >> People
> >> August 15, 2022
> >>
> >> FARGO, N. DAK. - Pit bull pair Fran and Earl are inseparable. "They are
> >> attached at the hip and always together," said Heather Klefstad of
> >> Homeward Animal Shelter, which cared for the dogs before their recent
> >> adaptation. To ensure the devoted dogs found a forever home together, on
> >> July 12 the shelter "married" the duo. "I thought these two little
> >> lovebirds needed a wedding!" says Klefstad. For the ceremony, Fran, 9,
> >> wore pearls and a flowing veil, and Earl, 11 1/2, wore a black top hat
> >> (briefly!). The dogs also enjoyed a pet-friendly wedding cake and
> >> received a marriage certificate "signed" with their paw prints.
> >
> > That's crazy. Now no question our local Catfe (about 80% cat shelter,
> > 20% coffee) has pictures of all their cats for adoption on their walls
> > around their 'kitty playground' and several are marked 'bonded pairs'
> > no one would ever describe it as a marital relationship.
>
> Its less about the "rights" of the animals and more about the morale of
> the shelter employees who have to watch so many of their charges get
> euthanized.

You're right. They hold weddings and bark mitzvahs and all sorts of
things. It's certainly true that some owners have funerals for their
pets.

Re: Dogs are now getting married -- how will conservatives react?

<7jfuehlc8pmpcce2g06gdpnin4ip79c809@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151026&group=rec.arts.tv#151026

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 21:30:56 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 04:30 UTC

On Sat, 06 Aug 2022 22:10:27 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>You're right. They hold weddings and bark mitzvahs and all sorts of
>things. It's certainly true that some owners have funerals for their
>pets.

I've mentioned this in other newsgroups but don;t think I have on RAT
- my wife died in March and as expected in these cases there are
things to keep things to dispose of. My grown daughter is living with
me and one of the things I'm terrified about making the decision on is
what to do with the ashes of two dogs and one cat that my wife had
planned to dispose of but never had - she didn't want to do it in the
back yard thinking we might someday move BUT where?

Making the decision alone would ensure a heavily emotional moment for
my daughter (who after all was the one who found her and immediately
called 911 before summoning me) and is emotionally already on a hair
trigger.

So definitely no dog or cat marriage but equally something I dare not
do on my own!

Certainly last week was a major moment when I donated most of her
'everyday' clothes to a shelter / agency she and I had supported for
years as for me the most emotional moment was when they took her on
the gurney for what I knew was her last time leaving the house (they
had pronounced her in our foyer) and donating all those clothes felt
like another part of her was leaving forever.

I do hope the pundits that say it takes 2 years to emotionally move
ahead again are wrong but we shall see.