Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? -- Socrates' last words

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)suzeeq
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|   +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)AlexJones@GitmoIguanaChowTent
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcm0f3$3u1mq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150895&group=rec.arts.tv#150895

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 08:13:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 15:13 UTC

I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to
get a lot less for the next little while...:

Virgin River (Netflix) - "Split" (ep. #3.7). Not wanting to start up
any new streaming series right now, I picked this back up (after
months!) because it'll work as a "hole plugger" TV viewing option!
I had forgotten that the previous episode (#3.6) had ended with
Stacey Farber's character having some kind of seizure - this episode
picks up with that, but then basically handwaves it away.
The cops are looking at Brady for Jack's shooting, which of course
screws up his relationship with Jack's sister Brie, and enrages Jack).
Brady insists he was there that night, but did not shoot Jack.
Doc finally admits his onset blindness to Mel, but turns down the
prospective new doctor for the clinic.
Jack looks into his legal options to stay in the twin's lives
(Charmaine wasn't in this episode), and concludes that there is no way
he can also father a child with Mel, and so Jack ends their
relationship, and a majorly pissed off Mel kicks him out of her place!

soaps: DOOL - Sarah and Xander almost get their hands on Gwen's Sarah
mask, when she throws it in a dumpster, but it is intercepted by Leo
first, who returns the mask to Gwen. (Gwen still hasn't confessed to
killing RedAbby yet...) Allie (whose actress has probably put on too
much weight lately...) seems like she's kind of done with her father,
Lucas. Johnny tries to get Paulina to conspire with him to get Chanel
back, but it blows up in their faces. I really didn't follow what was
going on with Alex and Old Man Kiriakis.
GH - Martin explains the legal scenarios regarding Sasha to Brando.
Lucy seems to be the only person at Deception with a brain, as she
advises them to cut Sahsa loose as spokewoman, at least temporarily.
Spinelli tries to warn Britt off Cody. I don't think anything else of
importance happened in this episode - the only other story was nonsense
with Chase and Brook Lynn.

The Orville (Hulu) - "Future Unknown" (ep. #3.10, the season #3, and
possible series, finale).
I found this to be a disappointing finale. This was less a ST:TNG
retred episode, and more like a "character"/soap episode. It really did
feel like like this epie was a series wrap up.
The only "ST:TNG" part of the episode invovled the return of Giorgia
Whigham as Lysella from an earlier episode - she wants asylum in the
Union from her shitty homeworld, but then feels guilty about it. But
this was handled badly in the episode - they save the revelation about
the Union's policy on this until the end, but dummy Kelly should have
*led* with this revelation when talking to Lysella. IOW, it was pure
writer fiat from MacFarlane that the story was handled this way.
There were some gags in this episode - some landed, and some did
not. I thought the best gag was Isaac inviting the entire Kaylon race
to his wedding! and all the identical Kaylon on the groom's side of the
ceremony was amusing.
No Anne Winters at all this episode, but they did bring back Halston
Sage back as Alara, so that was nice.
Still, I was almost expecting another "time travel" finale (with the
possibility of bringing Charly Burke back), but we got nothing like
this. This finale felt "small"....

Prey (Hulu) - BTR was right - this was a pretty good Predator film. It
was also a decent historical dram film, as it's set in 1719, which
allows the young Commanche woman played by Amber Midthunder to come
across a lot - mountain lions, bears, hostile male chauvanist fellow
tribemembers, French fur trappers, and a Predator!!
So, are we to take the ending of this film as an explaination for
why Predators show up on Earth later?!...

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcm2ku$ehcf$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150905&group=rec.arts.tv#150905

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 08:50:54 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 15:50 UTC

On 8/6/2022 8:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to get
> a lot less for the next little while...:
>
> Virgin River (Netflix) - "Split" (ep. #3.7). Not wanting to start up any
> new streaming series right now, I picked this back up (after months!)
> because it'll work as a "hole plugger" TV viewing option!
>   I had forgotten that the previous episode (#3.6) had ended with
> Stacey Farber's character having some kind of seizure - this episode
> picks up with that, but then basically handwaves it away.
>   The cops are looking at Brady for Jack's shooting, which of course
> screws up his relationship with Jack's sister Brie, and enrages Jack).
> Brady insists he was there that night, but did not shoot Jack.
>   Doc finally admits his onset blindness to Mel, but turns down the
> prospective new doctor for the clinic.
>   Jack looks into his legal options to stay in the twin's lives
> (Charmaine wasn't in this episode), and concludes that there is no way
> he can also father a child with Mel, and so Jack ends their
> relationship, and a majorly pissed off Mel kicks him out of her place!
>
> soaps: DOOL - Sarah and Xander almost get their hands on Gwen's Sarah
> mask, when she throws it in a dumpster, but it is intercepted by Leo
> first, who returns the mask to Gwen. (Gwen still hasn't confessed to
> killing RedAbby yet...) Allie (whose actress has probably put on too
> much weight lately...) seems like she's kind of done with her father,
> Lucas. Johnny tries to get Paulina to conspire with him to get Chanel
> back, but it blows up in their faces. I really didn't follow what was
> going on with Alex and Old Man Kiriakis.

Me neither. I had to read some synopses of it to understand. But still
don't remember the company they were talking about because they didn't
name it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcm73c$3vnel$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150916&group=rec.arts.tv#150916

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 10:06:49 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 17:06 UTC

On 8/6/2022 8:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to get
> a lot less for the next little while...:

snip

> The Orville (Hulu) - "Future Unknown" (ep. #3.10, the season #3, and
> possible series, finale).
>   I found this to be a disappointing finale. This was less a ST:TNG
> retred episode, and more like a "character"/soap episode. It really did
> feel like like this epie was a series wrap up.
>   The only "ST:TNG" part of the episode invovled the return of Giorgia
> Whigham as Lysella from an earlier episode - she wants asylum in the
> Union from her shitty homeworld, but then feels guilty about it. But
> this was handled badly in the episode - they save the revelation about
> the Union's policy on this until the end, but dummy Kelly should have
> *led* with this revelation when talking to Lysella. IOW, it was pure
> writer fiat from MacFarlane that the story was handled this way.
>   There were some gags in this episode - some landed, and some did not.
> I thought the best gag was Isaac inviting the entire Kaylon race to his
> wedding! and all the identical Kaylon on the groom's side of the
> ceremony was amusing.
>   No Anne Winters at all this episode, but they did bring back Halston
> Sage back as Alara, so that was nice.
>   Still, I was almost expecting another "time travel" finale (with the
> possibility of bringing Charly Burke back), but we got nothing like
> this. This finale felt "small"....

I generally agree, but I think I liked it a little more than you did.

> Prey (Hulu) - BTR was right - this was a pretty good Predator film. It
> was also a decent historical dram film, as it's set in 1719, which
> allows the young Commanche woman played by Amber Midthunder to come
> across a lot - mountain lions, bears, hostile male chauvanist fellow
> tribemembers, French fur trappers, and a Predator!!
>   So, are we to take the ending of this film as an explaination for why
> Predators show up on Earth later?!...

What do you mean?

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Prey (Hulu) New 2022 prequel set in the Predator universe. This one
takes place in 1719 and features a tribe of Native American warriors who
go up against a Predator. This movie definitely lived up to the hype!
It was a solid "R" action flick with lots of gratuitous violence once
comes to expect from a Predator movie. And since it was set in the
1700s, the available Earth weapons to use against the Predator was
limited to bows and arrows and the occasional single shot gun. But most
of the action was hand to hand combat against the Predator. They fought
bravely. I mean this is a Predator movie, so you know how those fights
turned out, but they fought bravely. I also liked little details like
when the Predator uses his laser targeting system since it's the 1700s
the people have never seen a laser before and don't know to perceive it
as a threat. Overall, well recommended for fans of the franchise.

Predator (4K disc) - 1987 action movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as
the ultimate soldier who leads his team against an alien Predator and is
the last man standing. I think for the first time I watched a movie
with both a commentary track and a trivia track at the same time. The
trivia track was pretty useless, but the director's commentary was
really good. He had lots of good stories about the making of the movie.
This was his first movie and apparently during the production he was
manipulated and the powers that be behind the scenes was using the
making of the movie to grift and divert money into their own pockets.
I'm sure this is old news, but he mentioned that the insurance company
insisted that in order to cast Sonny Landham they had to hire a
bodyguard to protect people *from* Sonny. They brought in this hulking
6'6 guy whose job it was to know where Sonny was 24/7 and follow him
around and keep Sonny from hurting someone. Other stories included the
director discussing scenes they tried to force into this movie that he
fought tooth and nail to keep out of this movie that turned up in
Predator 2. And a scene in Eraser that he says he originally wrote for
Predator but they wouldn't let him film.

Predator 2 (4K disc) 1990 sequel which finds the Predator vacationing in
L.A., seeing the sights, killing the locals. Danny Glover stars as the
one LA cop able to go toe to toe with it. Bill Paxton co-stars as an
ancestor of corporal Hicks which begins his family's bad luck when it
comes to encountering aliens. Then again getting killed by Aliens is
his "specialty."

Alien vs. Predator (blu-ray) 2004 entry in the franchise which for the
first time has Freddy and Jason, I mean Aliens and Predators fighting
each other. It wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. Now don't get me
wrong, it's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. But it
was late and I was watching the unrated version, and I guess I was just
in the mood because I sort of enjoyed myself. Then again, I've always
liked the Predator vs. Alien action in the movie, it's everything else
about the movie that doesn't work. But this time around it just didn't
bother me.

The Sandman (Netflix streaming) New fantasy series based on the Neil
Gaiman comic books. I watched the first two episodes. They were both
pretty good and definitely held my interest. I can't do a recap without
spoilers...

SPOILER SPACE
P O
I L
E R

P A
C E

"Sleep of the Just" - The first episode introduces the characters and
sets the stage. "Morpheus" AKA The Sandman leaves his kingdom of the
dream world to come to Earth in 1915 to stop an escaped nightmare which
has come to earth and become a serial killer. Morpheus is the one who
creates all the dreams and nightmares and has total control over them.
While in the middle of killing it he's accidentally captured by a cult
lead by Charles Dance that was trying to capture death. The serial
killer nightmare quickly shows up at Dance's mansion and fills him in on
who he captured and how to keep him there. An after effect of holding
Morpheus captive is millions of people fall into sleeps that can't awake
from and the world in general becomes a bit of a mess, but Dance doesn't
care. Thanks to his captured prisoner and three magical items he stole
from him, he and his cult prosper. Although to his frustration Morpheus
just sits in his prison refusing to speak or interact with him in any
way. The only other hiccup is his lover taking off with their unborn
son and one of the magical relics. Dance grows old and dies and his son
takes over offering to free Morpheus if only he will talk, but he still
refuses. Eventually 106 years go by with Morpheus a captive refusing to
speak to anyone until one day he is set free in the year 2021.

"Imperfect Hosts" - Morpheus returns home to find his kingdom in ruins,
most of his subjects have left, and without his magical items he is low
on power. He makes a deal with the fates for information on where his
items are located. Meanwhile back on Earth the serial killing nightmare
is also aware of Morpheus' freedom and tracks down the cult leader's
still alive ex-lover (at least I think that's her and she is being
magically kept alive) to team up with her to stop Morpheus.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcm7t2$3vue1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150921&group=rec.arts.tv#150921

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 10:20:34 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 17:20 UTC

On 2022-08-06 17:06:49 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 8/6/2022 8:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to
>> get a lot less for the next little while...:
>>
> snip
>>
>> Prey (Hulu) - BTR was right - this was a pretty good Predator film. It
>> was also a decent historical dram film, as it's set in 1719, which
>> allows the young Commanche woman played by Amber Midthunder to come
>> across a lot - mountain lions, bears, hostile male chauvanist fellow
>> tribemembers, French fur trappers, and a Predator!!
>>   So, are we to take the ending of this film as an explaination for why
>> Predators show up on Earth later?!...
>
> What do you mean?

See below for Spoilers...

>> What did you watch?
>>

> I watched:
>
> Prey (Hulu) New 2022 prequel set in the Predator universe. This one
> takes place in 1719 and features a tribe of Native American warriors
> who go up against a Predator. This movie definitely lived up to the
> hype! It was a solid "R" action flick with lots of gratuitous violence
> once comes to expect from a Predator movie. And since it was set in
> the 1700s, the available Earth weapons to use against the Predator was
> limited to bows and arrows and the occasional single shot gun. But
> most of the action was hand to hand combat against the Predator. They
> fought bravely. I mean this is a Predator movie, so you know how those
> fights turned out, but they fought bravely. I also liked little
> details like when the Predator uses his laser targeting system since
> it's the 1700s the people have never seen a laser before and don't know
> to perceive it as a threat. Overall, well recommended for fans of the
> franchise.

SPOILERS!!

She kills the Predator at the end. If the Predator had won, they would
probably have lost interest in Earth. But the other Predators must have
eventally wondered what happened to this dude. This likely drew their
attention back to Earth.

Cue: The original "Predator" film.

But I'm not up enough on the mythology to know if the Predators were
supposed to have come to Earth between 1719 and c.1987.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcmb2q$oa5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150936&group=rec.arts.tv#150936

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:14:47 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 18:14 UTC

On 8/6/2022 10:20 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-08-06 17:06:49 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> On 8/6/2022 8:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>> I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to
>>> get a lot less for the next little while...:
>>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> Prey (Hulu) - BTR was right - this was a pretty good Predator film.
>>> It was also a decent historical dram film, as it's set in 1719, which
>>> allows the young Commanche woman played by Amber Midthunder to come
>>> across a lot - mountain lions, bears, hostile male chauvanist fellow
>>> tribemembers, French fur trappers, and a Predator!!
>>>   So, are we to take the ending of this film as an explaination for
>>> why Predators show up on Earth later?!...
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> See below for Spoilers...
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>

>> I watched:
>>
>> Prey (Hulu) New 2022 prequel set in the Predator universe.  This one
>> takes place in 1719 and features a tribe of Native American warriors
>> who go up against a Predator.  This movie definitely lived up to the
>> hype! It was a solid "R" action flick with lots of gratuitous violence
>> once comes to expect from a Predator movie.  And since it was set in
>> the 1700s, the available Earth weapons to use against the Predator was
>> limited to bows and arrows and the occasional single shot gun.  But
>> most of the action was hand to hand combat against the Predator.  They
>> fought bravely.  I mean this is a Predator movie, so you know how
>> those fights turned out, but they fought bravely.  I also liked little
>> details like when the Predator uses his laser targeting system since
>> it's the 1700s the people have never seen a laser before and don't
>> know to perceive it as a threat.  Overall, well recommended for fans
>> of the franchise.
>
> SPOILERS!!
>
> She kills the Predator at the end. If the Predator had won, they would
> probably have lost interest in Earth. But the other Predators must have
> eventally wondered what happened to this dude. This likely drew their
> attention back to Earth.
>
> Cue: The original "Predator" film.
>
> But I'm not up enough on the mythology to know if the Predators were
> supposed to have come to Earth between 1719 and c.1987.

If you keep the Alien vs. Predator movies in continuity, then the
Predators were on Earth *long* before the 1700s.

Did anyone catch, was the gun featured in Prey, the same gun shown in
Predator 2? I'm assuming it was, but I'm not sure if the continuity
works, especially with the Predator dying at the end. Although I guess
a different Predator could have shown up and gotten it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcmd7n$1a2g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150951&group=rec.arts.tv#150951

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:51:32 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 18:51 UTC

On 8/6/2022 10:20 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-08-06 17:06:49 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> On 8/6/2022 8:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>> I really slowed things down yesterday, and my TV viewing is about to
>>> get a lot less for the next little while...:
>>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> Prey (Hulu) - BTR was right - this was a pretty good Predator film.
>>> It was also a decent historical dram film, as it's set in 1719, which
>>> allows the young Commanche woman played by Amber Midthunder to come
>>> across a lot - mountain lions, bears, hostile male chauvanist fellow
>>> tribemembers, French fur trappers, and a Predator!!
>>>   So, are we to take the ending of this film as an explaination for
>>> why Predators show up on Earth later?!...
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> See below for Spoilers...
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>

>> I watched:
>>
>> Prey (Hulu) New 2022 prequel set in the Predator universe.  This one
>> takes place in 1719 and features a tribe of Native American warriors
>> who go up against a Predator.  This movie definitely lived up to the
>> hype! It was a solid "R" action flick with lots of gratuitous violence
>> once comes to expect from a Predator movie.  And since it was set in
>> the 1700s, the available Earth weapons to use against the Predator was
>> limited to bows and arrows and the occasional single shot gun.  But
>> most of the action was hand to hand combat against the Predator.  They
>> fought bravely.  I mean this is a Predator movie, so you know how
>> those fights turned out, but they fought bravely.  I also liked little
>> details like when the Predator uses his laser targeting system since
>> it's the 1700s the people have never seen a laser before and don't
>> know to perceive it as a threat.  Overall, well recommended for fans
>> of the franchise.
>
> SPOILERS!!
>
> She kills the Predator at the end. If the Predator had won, they would
> probably have lost interest in Earth. But the other Predators must have
> eventally wondered what happened to this dude. This likely drew their
> attention back to Earth.
>
> Cue: The original "Predator" film.
>
> But I'm not up enough on the mythology to know if the Predators were
> supposed to have come to Earth between 1719 and c.1987.

There is something I just found out, and it looks like you might have
missed it too. There's an extra scene after the movie! I actually
watched the credits, and still missed it. But when I went to Hulu to
rewatch the end, they immediately shrunk the credits to show an
advertisement, which completely hid the extra scene. I'm guessing
that's what happened the first time I watched.

start that answers the question of what happened next.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcmdfo$1c48$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150953&group=rec.arts.tv#150953

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:55:52 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 18:55 UTC

On 2022-08-06 18:51:32 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 8/6/2022 10:20 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> snip

>>> What do you mean?
>>
>> See below for Spoilers...

>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> Prey (Hulu) New 2022 prequel set in the Predator universe.  This one
>>> takes place in 1719 and features a tribe of Native American warriors
>>> who go up against a Predator.  This movie definitely lived up to the
>>> hype! It was a solid "R" action flick with lots of gratuitous violence
>>> once comes to expect from a Predator movie.  And since it was set in
>>> the 1700s, the available Earth weapons to use against the Predator was
>>> limited to bows and arrows and the occasional single shot gun.  But
>>> most of the action was hand to hand combat against the Predator.  They
>>> fought bravely.  I mean this is a Predator movie, so you know how those
>>> fights turned out, but they fought bravely.  I also liked little
>>> details like when the Predator uses his laser targeting system since
>>> it's the 1700s the people have never seen a laser before and don't know
>>> to perceive it as a threat.  Overall, well recommended for fans of the
>>> franchise.
>>
>> SPOILERS!!
>>
>> She kills the Predator at the end. If the Predator had won, they would
>> probably have lost interest in Earth. But the other Predators must have
>> eventally wondered what happened to this dude. This likely drew their
>> attention back to Earth.
>>
>> Cue: The original "Predator" film.
>>
>> But I'm not up enough on the mythology to know if the Predators were
>> supposed to have come to Earth between 1719 and c.1987.
>
> There is something I just found out, and it looks like you might have
> missed it too. There's an extra scene after the movie! I actually
> watched the credits, and still missed it. But when I went to Hulu to
> rewatch the end, they immediately shrunk the credits to show an
> advertisement, which completely hid the extra scene. I'm guessing
> that's what happened the first time I watched.

> start that answers the question of what happened next.

I saw the animated stuff at the end, including the last sequence, but I
didn't get what it meant...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<179dcc44-a552-48d4-92dc-e7f7bd7d7356n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150956&group=rec.arts.tv#150956

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (AlexJones@GitmoIguanaChowTent)
 by: AlexJones@GitmoIguan - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 19:17 UTC

It's a gorgious summer in the victorious union North. I finished some People's Court in the morning and mowed the front lawn. PC always does a road rage case at seasons end. So many times I wanted to go midevil on some jerk, but I knew Judge Marilyn would be disappointed.

Evening shows included Fallons tonite show on dvr, you can FF the filler in the monologue and the guests are summer C listers.
Weather and Cubs collapse highlights.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<UBI20220805@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150967&group=rec.arts.tv#150967

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 17:39:18 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:39 UTC

In article <tcm0f3$3u1mq$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

> What did you watch?

I watched:

GHOST ADVENTURES:
A marathon of Scoobie Douche hyjinks and a new FrankenEp.

MYSTERIES DECODED:
"Alien Mountain". Private investigator Jennifer Marshall and paranormal
investigator Heather Taddy travel to Dulce, N.M., to look into reports that
a secret underground alien facility exists under Archuleta Mesa -- also
known as Alien Mountain. I fell alseep watching this one because the idea
of making a base inside the mountain was ridiculous.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<tcmnrj$40ig$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150968&group=rec.arts.tv#150968

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 14:52:47 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:52 UTC

On 8/6/2022 11:55 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-08-06 18:51:32 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

>>> See below for Spoilers...

>>> SPOILERS!!
>>>
>>> She kills the Predator at the end. If the Predator had won, they
>>> would probably have lost interest in Earth. But the other Predators
>>> must have eventally wondered what happened to this dude. This likely
>>> drew their attention back to Earth.
>>>
>>> Cue: The original "Predator" film.
>>>
>>> But I'm not up enough on the mythology to know if the Predators were
>>> supposed to have come to Earth between 1719 and c.1987.
>>
>> There is something I just found out, and it looks like you might have
>> missed it too.  There's an extra scene after the movie!  I actually
>> watched the credits, and still missed it.  But when I went to Hulu to
>> rewatch the end, they immediately shrunk the credits to show an
>> advertisement, which completely hid the extra scene.  I'm guessing
>> that's what happened the first time I watched.

>> start that answers the question of what happened next.
>
> I saw the animated stuff at the end, including the last sequence, but I
> didn't get what it meant...

The animation is a retelling of the events of the movie but it keeps
going and the final frame of the animation is more Predator ships
returning to Earth right over the tribe's location. Remember, the tribe
said they were going to higher ground in an attempt to hide from the
Predators. Apparently it didn't work.

Right after I hit send on my last post I found this site which explains
everything and confirms it is the same gun first seen in Predator 2:
https://www.ign.com/articles/prey-ending-explained-post-credits-scene-predator-movie

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-05 (Friday)

<64425264.681543534.843776.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151031&group=rec.arts.tv#151031

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 22:44:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 05:44 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 8/6/2022 11:55 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> There is something I just found out, and it looks like you might have
>>> missed it too.  There's an extra scene after the movie!  I actually
>>> watched the credits, and still missed it.  But when I went to Hulu to
>>> rewatch the end, they immediately shrunk the credits to show an
>>> advertisement, which completely hid the extra scene.  I'm guessing
>>> that's what happened the first time I watched.

>>> start that answers the question of what happened next.
>>
>> I saw the animated stuff at the end, including the last sequence, but I
>> didn't get what it meant...
>>

> The animation is a retelling of the events of the movie but it keeps
> going and the final frame of the animation is more Predator ships
> returning to Earth right over the tribe's location. Remember, the tribe
> said they were going to higher ground in an attempt to hide from the
> Predators. Apparently it didn't work.
>
> Right after I hit send on my last post I found this site which explains
> everything and confirms it is the same gun first seen in Predator 2:
> https://www.ign.com/articles/prey-ending-explained-post-credits-scene-predator-movie

Thanks for that. I wondered about the gun.