If you're not very clever you should be conciliatory. -- Benjamin Disraeli

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAGeneral Zod
+* Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
|+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GARocky Stoneberg
|`- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW.Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW.Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
+- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery
`- Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GAW-Dockery

1
Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<a7f6e35f-b12d-4cf5-8d49-fdf163eab321n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151093&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#151093

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 14:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA
From: generalz...@gmail.com (General Zod)
 by: General Zod - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:15 UTC

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > That sounds reasonable.
> >
> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
> >
> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
> >
> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
> >
> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
> >
> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>
> For now, we can leave it there:
>
> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>
> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<09de30ce29df5f85d2857888dde3572c@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151114&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#151114

Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:50:11 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:50 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, this period of time in Ahmos Zu-Bolton's life is now canon and can be added to the bios.

HTH and HAND.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<a520ea5efc88648fffe165ce6f86eccf@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151179&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#151179

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 03:23:46 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 03:23 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Without a doubt now.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<52ca39c6cdff6d9b6825fa93b0a15f17@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152219&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152219

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 06:49:08 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 06:49 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes it is.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<227c7aea1602abfaf473a015568e26f3@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152637&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152637

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 21:39:45 +0000
From: rockysto...@gmail.com (Rocky Stoneberg)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Rocky Stoneberg - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 21:39 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General Zod wrote:

>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>>
>>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>>
>>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

>> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

>> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Yes, this period of time in Ahmos Zu-Bolton's life is now canon and can be added to the bios.

> HTH and HAND.

Quite cool and interesting....

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<bac3d903552d0b1bc52bf3a0158cba6b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153362&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153362

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:37:47 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:37 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly, and let them whine as long as they want to, this one's resolved and time to move on to the next engagement.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<802486a7328569fe17a3046bcb6250ba@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153465&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153465

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 10:06:35 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 10:06 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good morning, Zod, yes, the truth is established.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<f7880b0a89aed6ef833595cea98d6d7f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153971&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153971

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 19:15:52 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 19:15 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, read it and weep, all you trolls out there.

🙂

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<786232536a4802e3556e9c93878dc8bb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154874&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#154874

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:48:57 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:48 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, the facts are emerging.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<e5a29cf9fa469a4547d8452293e70ef2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155645&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155645

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 05:57:18 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 05:57 UTC

General Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > That sounds reasonable.
>> >
>> > It seems highly unlikely that Zu-Bolton was the "poet-in-residence," and no Carver High yearbooks have surfaced showing him as a member of the faculty.
>> >
>> > He was in the area at the time, and may have visited Will's English class.
>> >
>> > That would be difficult to confirm, but Zu-Bolton was known to have visited many high schools, and he was in the area at that time.
>> >
>> > I think it safe to assume for now that Zu-Bolton was not the "poet-in-residence" at Carver, but that he probably did visit Will's class.
>> >
>> > Barring any further evidence from Will (or other interested parties), let's all agree to leave it at the above.
>>
>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>
>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Now confirmed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good evening, yes it is.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<93ad44ccd00e260f5c9f1bf634bfe559@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156070&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#156070

Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 19:13:49 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 19:13 UTC

jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 5:05:14 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:

>> > I'd love to hear the Southern folklore about Pegasus. Please do tell.
>> Is this really Jordy?
>>
>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton has been dead for many years, so I'm not sure if there's more to the story.
> hi Will, nope, it is absolutely NOT the real me...

Good afternoon, Jordy, I thought it looked like a forgery.

Re: Ahmos Zu-Bolton - Spring 1976 in Columbus GA

<953a750734d5d4b36b11859b63f157a3@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=248164&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248164

From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:20:19 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:20 UTC

WILL Dockery wrote:

> General Zod wrote:

>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:36:22 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> For now, we can leave it there:
>>>
>>> Ahmos Zu-Bolton did come to Carver High in Columbus, Georgia in Spring of 1976 and was introduced to the English class as "poet in residence" by Dan Barfield, our teacher.
>>>
>>> Since I don't yet have any evidence of this (except Dan Barfield's confirmation that it is true) I agree we should let the matter rest, for now.

>> Introduction to Pegasus 1976, Carver High School (Columbus Georgia) literary journal by Ahmos Zu-Bolton.

>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5190074841041819/

> Yes, this period of time in Ahmos Zu-Bolton's life is now canon and can be added to the bios.

> HTH and HAND.

cOOL...!