A day without sunshine is like night.

arts / rec.arts.tv / R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

SubjectAuthor
* R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.anim8rfsk
`* Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.Horace LaBadie
 `* Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.anim8rfsk
  `* Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.EGK
   `- Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.suzeeq

1
R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

<178908983.681607148.931934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151126&group=rec.arts.tv#151126

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 16:26:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 23:26 UTC

R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY (December 18, 1938 – August 7, 2022), actor best
known as the helicopter pilot Theodore "T.C." Calvin on MAGNUM, P.I.
(1980-88). He also had recurring roles on YOU TAKE THE KIDS (1990-91),
NIGHT COURT (1991), HANGIN' WITH MR. COOPER (1992-93), RUDE AWAKENING
(1999-2000), FCU: FACT CHECKERS UNIT (2010), and MAGNUM P.I. (2019/2021).

Roger E. Mosley, Magnum, P.I.'s Theodore 'T.C.' Calvin, Dead at 83 —
Reboot's Stephen Hill Reacts
By Nick Caruso / August 7 2022, 12:48 PM PDT
Roger E. Mosley Dead
Courtesy of TV Guide/Everett Collection
Roger E. Mosley, best known for playing helicopter pilot Theodore “T.C.”
Calvin on the CBS crime drama Magnum, P.I., died early Sunday morning. He
was 83.

His daughter, Ch-a Mosley, confirmed the news via Facebook writing: “He was
surrounded by family as he transcended peacefully. We could never mourn
such an amazing man. He would HATE any crying done in his name. It is time
to celebrate the legacy he left for us all. I love you daddy. You loved me
too. My heart is heavy but I am strong. I will care for mommy, your love of
almost 60 years. You raised me well and she is in good hands. Rest easy.”

No cause of death was given, however, his daughter also posted early
Saturday morning that the actor was involved in a recent car accident that
left him paralyzed from the shoulders down and in critical condition.

Mosley starred on the original Magnum P.I. for all of its eight year run
between 1980 and 1988. He appeared in 158 episodes (of 162) opposite Tom
Selleck. Mosley’s character ran a helicopter business in the show, and was
often helping Magnum escape danger by flying him all over Hawai’i. The
actor later returned to the rebooted series in 2019 for a cameo, albeit, as
a different character named John Booky.
Magnum reboot star Stephen Hill, who plays the updated version of T.C.
Calvin, posted a tribute to Instagram Sunday to commemorate Mosley’s life.
“Rest In Power to the King, Father, Husband, Friend, Trailblazer, Black
Power-Man, Coach, Gentleman, Powerhouse Talent, and Mentor Roger E.
Mosley,” he wrote. “We have all been honored by the example of your life.”

In addition to Magnum P.I., Mosley appeared on shows such as Love Boat,
Night Gallery, Sanford and Son, Kung Fu, Kojak, McCloud, The Rockford
Files, The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams, Starsky and Hutch, You Take the
Kids, Night Court, Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper, Walker, Texas Ranger, Rude
Awakening, Las Vegas and Fact Checkers Unit, among others.

He also lent his talents to many TV movies throughout the decades including
The Other Side of Hell, Cruise Into Terror, The Jericho Mile, I Know Why
the Caged Bird Sings and Attica.

On the film side of things, Mosley appeared in several Blaxploitation films
in the ’70s including The Mack, Hit Man, Sweet Jesus, Preacherman, Darktown
Strutters and The River Niger. Also on his film acting resume were McQ
(co-starring John Wayne), The Greatest, Semi-Tough, Heart Condition,
Pentathlon and A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (co-starring Martin
Lawrence).

https://tvline.com/2022/08/07/roger-e-mosley-magnum-pi-dead-dies-obituary/

Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

<hlabadie-0BECD1.01562014082022@aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152025&group=rec.arts.tv#152025

From: hlaba...@nospam.com (Horace LaBadie)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 01:56:20 -0400
 by: Horace LaBadie - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 05:56 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> On the film side of things, Mosley appeared in several Blaxploitation films
> in the ’70s including The Mack, Hit Man, Sweet Jesus, Preacherman, Darktown
> Strutters and The River Niger. Also on his film acting resume were McQ
> (co-starring John Wayne), The Greatest, Semi-Tough, Heart Condition,
> Pentathlon and A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (co-starring Martin
> Lawrence).

McQ has been playing on Movies!.

They missed perhaps his best movie, Leadbelly, a biopic about Huddie
Ledbetter the great Blues singer.

Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

<1342179442.682175851.702583.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152064&group=rec.arts.tv#152064

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 06:19:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:19 UTC

Horace LaBadie <hlabadie@nospam.com> wrote:
> In article
> <178908983.681607148.931934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On the film side of things, Mosley appeared in several Blaxploitation films
>> in the ’70s including The Mack, Hit Man, Sweet Jesus, Preacherman, Darktown
>> Strutters and The River Niger. Also on his film acting resume were McQ
>> (co-starring John Wayne), The Greatest, Semi-Tough, Heart Condition,
>> Pentathlon and A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (co-starring Martin
>> Lawrence).
>
> McQ has been playing on Movies!.
>
> They missed perhaps his best movie, Leadbelly, a biopic about Huddie
> Ledbetter the great Blues singer.

I have to say “terminal Island” which I actually watched about a week ago
on one of the streamers.

Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

<31eifh13m4nmbk5j9ki1ie68fahu9vd82u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152113&group=rec.arts.tv#152113

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 14:00:53 -0400
 by: EGK - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 18:00 UTC

On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 06:19:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>Horace LaBadie <hlabadie@nospam.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <178908983.681607148.931934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On the film side of things, Mosley appeared in several Blaxploitation films
>>> in the â??70s including The Mack, Hit Man, Sweet Jesus, Preacherman, Darktown
>>> Strutters and The River Niger. Also on his film acting resume were McQ
>>> (co-starring John Wayne), The Greatest, Semi-Tough, Heart Condition,
>>> Pentathlon and A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (co-starring Martin
>>> Lawrence).
>>
>> McQ has been playing on Movies!.
>>
>> They missed perhaps his best movie, Leadbelly, a biopic about Huddie
>> Ledbetter the great Blues singer.
>>

>I have to say “terminal Island” which I actually watched about a week ago
>on one of the streamers.

I read that Leadbelly was his favorite role but he'll always be TC to me.
RIP Roger E Mosley, TC.

Re: R.I.P., ROGER E. MOSLEY - T.C. Magnum P.I.

<tdblf0$q5bl$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152128&group=rec.arts.tv#152128

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:20:48 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 20:20 UTC

On 8/14/2022 11:00 AM, EGK wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 06:19:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Horace LaBadie <hlabadie@nospam.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <178908983.681607148.931934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> McQ has been playing on Movies!.
>>>
>>> They missed perhaps his best movie, Leadbelly, a biopic about Huddie
>>> Ledbetter the great Blues singer.
>>>

>> I have to say “terminal Island” which I actually watched about a week ago
>> on one of the streamers.
>
> I read that Leadbelly was his favorite role but he'll always be TC to me.
> RIP Roger E Mosley, TC.

It was a good movie, I saw it about 25 years ago.