arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
 |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
 |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Micky DuPree
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)anim8rfsk
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)Ubiquitous
    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)anim8rfsk
     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)A Friend
      `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<UBI20220808@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151323&group=rec.arts.tv#151323

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

After an arduous work on the day America became a banana republic, I watched:

HANNITY

THE INGRAHAM ANGLE

Various other news outlets, some more "news" than others.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<tcu9ql$1f9lb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151365&group=rec.arts.tv#151365

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 18:42:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qMyoWzHNZad3o8I1282qXgujhLs=
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 18:42 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Just soaps - all 4 soaps! Y&R is still subjecting us to Victor & Nikki, and
B&B hasn’t progressed beyond Ridge/Brooke/NuTaylor. :/ However, I found
it interesting that Y&R recast Summer, and took the character in a totally
different direction with the new actress.

No report for DOOL or GH today.

--
Using NewsTap!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<tcudpb$1fm9l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151370&group=rec.arts.tv#151370

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 12:50:00 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 19:50 UTC

On 8/9/2022 11:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Just soaps - all 4 soaps! Y&R is still subjecting us to Victor & Nikki, and
> B&B hasn’t progressed beyond Ridge/Brooke/NuTaylor. :/ However, I found
> it interesting that Y&R recast Summer, and took the character in a totally
> different direction with the new actress.
>
> No report for DOOL or GH today.

I watched:

City On A Hill - "A Program of Complete Disorder" - Jackie tracks down
Arnold Becker's runaway daughter.

Carter (Netflix streaming) New South Korean action movie directed by
Jung Byung-gil (The Villainess) starring Joo Won as "Carter." The movie
opens with a news report that there is a virus (think rage virus from
"28 days later) running rampant in North Korea. It was also in South
Korea and the U.S. but has been contained. A team of heavily armed CIA
agents break into a bedroom where "Carter" is asleep in bed. They wake
him to find he is has no memory of who he is. He's also naked, covered
in blood, and finds he has an earpiece with a voice talking to him
giving him directions on what to do. The voice in his ear tells him if
he wants to live, he has to fight his way out and follow whatever orders
he is given. I'll stop there and say from the start of the movie until
the end it is wall to wall action. Not just action, but full on set
pieces! It is just non stop, can't catch your breath for a moment
action! Some of the action is pretty brutal and graphic too.

If you want wall to wall non stop action, and you don't have a heart
condition, you may want to check this out. I'm not saying it's great or
anything, but you will get your money's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPHag30btQ

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<tcuepc$1fpm5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151375&group=rec.arts.tv#151375

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 13:07:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:07 UTC

On 8/9/2022 12:50 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 8/9/2022 11:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just soaps - all 4 soaps! Y&R is still subjecting us to Victor &
>> Nikki, and
>> B&B hasn’t progressed beyond Ridge/Brooke/NuTaylor.  :/  However, I found
>> it interesting that Y&R recast Summer, and took the character in a
>> totally
>> different direction with the new actress.
>>
>> No report for DOOL or GH today.
>>

> I watched:
>

> City On A Hill - "A Program of Complete Disorder" - Jackie tracks down
> Arnold Becker's runaway daughter.
>

> Carter (Netflix streaming) New South Korean action movie directed by
> Jung Byung-gil (The Villainess) starring Joo Won as "Carter." The movie
> opens with a news report that there is a virus (think rage virus from
> "28 days later) running rampant in North Korea.  It was also in South
> Korea and the U.S. but has been contained.  A team of heavily armed CIA
> agents break into a bedroom where "Carter" is asleep in bed.  They wake
> him to find he is has no memory of who he is.  He's also naked, covered
> in blood, and finds he has an earpiece with a voice talking to him
> giving him directions on what to do.  The voice in his ear tells him if
> he wants to live, he has to fight his way out and follow whatever orders
> he is given.  I'll stop there and say from the start of the movie until
> the end it is wall to wall action.  Not just action, but full on set
> pieces!  It is just non stop, can't catch your breath for a moment
> action!  Some of the action is pretty brutal and graphic too.
>
> If you want wall to wall non stop action, and you don't have a heart
> condition, you may want to check this out.  I'm not saying it's great or
> anything, but you will get your money's worth.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPHag30btQ

I watched 'Savages' (Netflix disc rental): A modern day hippie love
triangle takes on a Mexican drug cartel over weed. Surprisingly good
actually, twists and turns that actually made sense and a "pick your
ending" ending. :)

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<395715783.681768751.184666.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151379&group=rec.arts.tv#151379

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 13:25:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:25 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 8/9/2022 11:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just soaps - all 4 soaps! Y&R is still subjecting us to Victor & Nikki, and
>> B&B hasn’t progressed beyond Ridge/Brooke/NuTaylor. :/ However, I found
>> it interesting that Y&R recast Summer, and took the character in a totally
>> different direction with the new actress.
>>
>> No report for DOOL or GH today.
>>

> I watched:
>

> City On A Hill - "A Program of Complete Disorder" - Jackie tracks down
> Arnold Becker's runaway daughter.
>

> Carter (Netflix streaming) New South Korean action movie directed by
> Jung Byung-gil (The Villainess) starring Joo Won as "Carter." The movie
> opens with a news report that there is a virus (think rage virus from
> "28 days later) running rampant in North Korea. It was also in South
> Korea and the U.S. but has been contained. A team of heavily armed CIA
> agents break into a bedroom where "Carter" is asleep in bed. They wake
> him to find he is has no memory of who he is. He's also naked, covered
> in blood, and finds he has an earpiece with a voice talking to him
> giving him directions on what to do. The voice in his ear tells him if
> he wants to live, he has to fight his way out and follow whatever orders
> he is given. I'll stop there and say from the start of the movie until
> the end it is wall to wall action. Not just action, but full on set
> pieces! It is just non stop, can't catch your breath for a moment
> action! Some of the action is pretty brutal and graphic too.
>
> If you want wall to wall non stop action, and you don't have a heart
> condition, you may want to check this out. I'm not saying it's great or
> anything, but you will get your money's worth.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPHag30btQ

The Netflix has been recommending it. I’ll give it a look. Thanks for the
review!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<1527665862.681772997.596126.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151395&group=rec.arts.tv#151395

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:10:58 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:10 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING S02E08 on the Hulu
Another episode that’s a lot of filler and in fact I came very close to
breaking the fourth wall with fans of the podcast discussing that this
weeks episode was a lot of filler!
But, this outing worked very well even though it had no right to.

DEEP WATER 2022 on the Hulu (Started auto playing) here
Hell has indeed frozen over. A movie with Ben AFLAC that’s not only
entertaining but somehow he’s learned how to act. And even gotten himself
in shape.
Plus super cutie Ana de Armas from the last 007 movie as an absolutely bat
shit woman chewing the scenery like nobody’s business and much of the time
being gloriously nudely naked.
It’s a whodunit and I really wasn’t sure who did it until the end which I
like. It got confusing at the very end when suddenly it went nonlinear and
a clue came out of absolutely nowhere and I still can’t figure out how it
got there. I may have to go do some outside reading.
Fred – Bob sez “check it out“

After that the Hulu decided to auto play WOUNDS which I only watched a
little bit of but added to my watchlist for later.

A first season episode of SMALLVILLE. The classic episode where Lana goes
almost skinny-dipping and they had to use a body double because she didn’t
have any figure.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<267835786.681796422.767939.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151431&group=rec.arts.tv#151431

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:10:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:10 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING S02E08 on the Hulu
> Another episode that’s a lot of filler and in fact I came very close to
> breaking the fourth wall with fans of the podcast discussing that this
> weeks episode was a lot of filler!
> But, this outing worked very well even though it had no right to.
>
> DEEP WATER 2022 on the Hulu (Started auto playing) here
> Hell has indeed frozen over. A movie with Ben AFLAC that’s not only
> entertaining but somehow he’s learned how to act. And even gotten himself
> in shape.
> Plus super cutie Ana de Armas from the last 007 movie as an absolutely bat
> shit woman chewing the scenery like nobody’s business and much of the time
> being gloriously nudely naked.
> It’s a whodunit and I really wasn’t sure who did it until the end which I
> like. It got confusing at the very end when suddenly it went nonlinear and
> a clue came out of absolutely nowhere and I still can’t figure out how it
> got there. I may have to go do some outside reading.
> Fred – Bob sez “check it out“
>
> After that the Hulu decided to auto play WOUNDS which I only watched a
> little bit of but added to my watchlist for later.
>
> A first season episode of SMALLVILLE. The classic episode where Lana goes
> almost skinny-dipping and they had to use a body double because she didn’t
> have any figure.

Oh, yes, I finished the first and best season of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN. I
am amazed how many didn’t have the best Lois or Jimmy or both of them. In
the later lesser seasons they will be most of it.

CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD
Rhys Darby vs. Jay Pharoah and Bachelor Nation vs. Bachelor Squad
(TV Episode 2022)
The first match, one of the teams was from New Zealand and kept giving
weird answers involving words no one has ever heard before. Apparently
they’re on some comedy about pirates called OUR FLAG IS DEATH and the other
side was a guy from Saturday night live and his family. Needless to say I
had never heard of any of these people.
The second half was two teams from bachelor shows. The best that could be
said was most of the girls were pretty. And, no, I’ve never heard of any of
them.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<td5ctm$2g0n1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151768&group=rec.arts.tv#151768

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>Oh, yes, I finished the first and best season of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN. I
>am amazed how many didn't have the best Lois or Jimmy or both of them. In
>the later lesser seasons they will be most of it.

Yeah, I always thought the first Lois was in the entire first season.

>CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD
>Rhys Darby vs. Jay Pharoah and Bachelor Nation vs. Bachelor Squad
>The first match, one of the teams was from New Zealand and kept giving
>weird answers involving words no one has ever heard before. Apparently
>they're on some comedy about pirates called OUR FLAG IS DEATH and the other
>side was a guy from Saturday night live and his family. Needless to say I
>had never heard of any of these people.

#MeToo

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<531755855.682007432.037803.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151780&group=rec.arts.tv#151780

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 07:31:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:31 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> Oh, yes, I finished the first and best season of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN. I
>> am amazed how many didn't have the best Lois or Jimmy or both of them. In
>> the later lesser seasons they will be most of it.
>
> Yeah, I always thought the first Lois was in the entire first season.

She gets top billing in every episode along with George Reeves but she’s
not in a bunch of them.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<120820221840051151%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151858&group=rec.arts.tv#151858

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:40:05 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 22:40 UTC

In article
<531755855.682007432.037803.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> > anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, yes, I finished the first and best season of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN. I
> >> am amazed how many didn't have the best Lois or Jimmy or both of them. In
> >> the later lesser seasons they will be most of it.
> >
> > Yeah, I always thought the first Lois was in the entire first season.
> >

> She gets top billing in every episode along with George Reeves but she¹s
> not in a bunch of them.

Further, Phyllis didn't get paid for episodes she wasn't in, even
though she was billed.

I've never heard a decent explanation for why Robert Maxwell recast the
series so aggressively following the Kirk Alyn serials. Whit Ellsworth
was cool with the serial cast and brought some of them in for guest
roles and bits. If they'd gone ahead with another batch of 13, which
they almost did, the Perry from the serials (Pierre Watkin) would have
replaced John Hamilton, who was too dead to play Perry anymore. IIRC
Mr. Watkin would have played Perry's brother.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<1613877191.682046538.116408.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151873&group=rec.arts.tv#151873

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:28:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 01:28 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <531755855.682007432.037803.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I always thought the first Lois was in the entire first season.
>>>

>> She gets top billing in every episode along with George Reeves but she¹s
>> not in a bunch of them.
>

> Further, Phyllis didn't get paid for episodes she wasn't in, even
> though she was billed.

Well that sucks. I assume the same is true of Jack Larson. That probably
explains why there are so many episodes that only has one of them but not
the other.

> I've never heard a decent explanation for why Robert Maxwell recast the
> series so aggressively following the Kirk Alyn serials. Whit Ellsworth
> was cool with the serial cast and brought some of them in for guest
> roles and bits. If they'd gone ahead with another batch of 13, which
> they almost did, the Perry from the serials (Pierre Watkin) would have
> replaced John Hamilton, who was too dead to play Perry anymore. IIRC
> Mr. Watkin would have played Perry's brother.

Hamilton died about six months after the last episode aired.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-08-08 (Monday)

<te45q4$bub$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153658&group=rec.arts.tv#153658

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 03:27:00 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 03:27 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> City On A Hill - "A Program of Complete Disorder" - Jackie tracks down
> Arnold Becker's runaway daughter.

I find myself a bit less interested in Jackie's story now that he's out
of law enforcement. It's still a well-drawn character, but what he does
seems less important now, and making his plot lines dependent on the
proclivities of a twisted rich family seems a bit soapy.

Ward's story about going after the crooked cop is sitll engrossing,
though.

-Micky