Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 16:20:41 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Subject: Dark Brandon.
 by: trotsky - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:20 UTC

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-white-house-dark-brandon-meme-far-right-dark-maga-2022-8

Biden White House embraces 'Dark Brandon,' a parody of the 'Dark MAGA'
meme used by the far right

Re: Dark Brandon.

<tcu8qn$1f4ck$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151364&group=rec.arts.tv#151364

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dark Brandon.
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 14:21:56 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 18:21 UTC

President Joe Biden's staffer tweeted a meme Sunday of a super-imposed
picture of the president standing in front of what resembles the Reichsadler
Eagle symbol used by Germany's Nazi Party.

Andrew Bates, deputy press secretary for the White House, tweeted on Sunday a
meme that altered the movie poster of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight
Rises," the final installment of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

"THE DARK BRANDON RISES," the meme reads with Biden standing in front of a
flaming Nazi Germany eagle symbol replacing the bat symbol, wearing a black
suit, striped tie, and an eye patch.

"THE MALARKEY WILL END," the tagline reads on the altered image.

Bates replied to a quote tweet from an original post of a separate Biden meme
with laser eyes that read, "Your malarkey has been going on for long enough,
kiddo."

"Dark Brandon is crushing it," Bates tweeted.

pic.twitter.com/eb1AxcMFyK

-- Andrew Bates (@AndrewJBates46) August 8, 2022

Biden's communications army has attempted to make the "Dark Brandon" trend
happen since March in response to America First Conservatives, who initially
started using the phrase "Dark MAGA."

One could argue that the symbol looks closer to the classic emblem for the
Ford Thunderbird, which has straight edges on the wings rather than the
curved imperial eagle wings. However, Twitter users took the opportunity to
slam the tweet and the "Dark Brandon" trend.

Christina Pushaw, press secretary for Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis, asked,
"Why would a White House Deputy Press Secretary post a meme of his boss
with a Nazi symbol in the background?"

Tim Murtaugh, former communications director for President Trump, compared
the tweet with previous hits accusing on the 45th president that accused him
of using neo-Nazi symbolism.

"In 2020, the Trump campaign faced a week of stories and fact checks about a
t-shirt with an eagle on it," Murtaugh said. "Let's see if a tweet from an
official Biden White House account gets the same treatment."

Cyd Zeigler, a sports commentator and co-founder of Outsports and the
National Gay Flag Football League, alluded to the fact he has lost hope for
the Biden Administration since the president took office last year.

"The White House has lost its collective mind," Zeigler said. "Now Nazi
imagery for the Biden Administration. I had such high hopes 18 months ago.
Now this November they have no one to blame but themselves ..."

Alec Sears, a digital staffer at the Republican National Committee, said the
"Dark Brandon" expression began as Chinese propaganda.

"... and then the White House co-opted it using Nazi Eagle imagery ..." Sears
tweeted. "They're not sending their best."

"Dark Brandon" appeared to have started on Twitter back in March when
anonymous Twitter accounts sought to create an "edgy" version of the
president, according to an online meme database.

Daily Wire CEO and Emeritus Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro slammed the trend on
Twitter.

"You can try to Dark Brandon meme your way out of sub-40 approval ratings all
you want, but throwing hundreds of billions at green boondoggles in the
middle of an inflationary spiral isn't going to turn things around," Shapiro
tweeted.

"That said, the imagery of a dotard who can barely form words from his face-
hole actually being a laser-eyed deathlord is pretty hilarious," he added.

"THE DARK BRANDON RISES" supposedly hits theaters Nov. 8

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dark Brandon.

<38310122.681769120.889677.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151380&group=rec.arts.tv#151380

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 13:25:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> President Joe Biden's staffer tweeted a meme Sunday of a super-imposed
> picture of the president standing in front of what resembles the Reichsadler
> Eagle symbol used by Germany's Nazi Party.
>
> Andrew Bates, deputy press secretary for the White House, tweeted on Sunday a
> meme that altered the movie poster of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight
> Rises," the final installment of The Dark Knight Trilogy.
>
> "THE DARK BRANDON RISES," the meme reads with Biden standing in front of a
> flaming Nazi Germany eagle symbol replacing the bat symbol, wearing a black
> suit, striped tie, and an eye patch.
>
> "THE MALARKEY WILL END," the tagline reads on the altered image.
>
> Bates replied to a quote tweet from an original post of a separate Biden meme
> with laser eyes that read, "Your malarkey has been going on for long enough,
> kiddo."
>
> "Dark Brandon is crushing it," Bates tweeted.
>
> pic.twitter.com/eb1AxcMFyK
>
> -- Andrew Bates (@AndrewJBates46) August 8, 2022

What the hell? He looks like Snake Pliskin.

> Biden's communications army has attempted to make the "Dark Brandon" trend
> happen since March in response to America First Conservatives, who initially
> started using the phrase "Dark MAGA."
>
> One could argue that the symbol looks closer to the classic emblem for the
> Ford Thunderbird, which has straight edges on the wings rather than the
> curved imperial eagle wings. However, Twitter users took the opportunity to
> slam the tweet and the "Dark Brandon" trend.
>
> Christina Pushaw, press secretary for Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis, asked,
> "Why would a White House Deputy Press Secretary post a meme of his boss
> with a Nazi symbol in the background?"
>
> Tim Murtaugh, former communications director for President Trump, compared
> the tweet with previous hits accusing on the 45th president that accused him
> of using neo-Nazi symbolism.
>
> "In 2020, the Trump campaign faced a week of stories and fact checks about a
> t-shirt with an eagle on it," Murtaugh said. "Let's see if a tweet from an
> official Biden White House account gets the same treatment."
>
> Cyd Zeigler, a sports commentator and co-founder of Outsports and the
> National Gay Flag Football League, alluded to the fact he has lost hope for
> the Biden Administration since the president took office last year.
>
> "The White House has lost its collective mind," Zeigler said. "Now Nazi
> imagery for the Biden Administration. I had such high hopes 18 months ago.
> Now this November they have no one to blame but themselves ..."
>
> Alec Sears, a digital staffer at the Republican National Committee, said the
> "Dark Brandon" expression began as Chinese propaganda.
>
> "... and then the White House co-opted it using Nazi Eagle imagery ..." Sears
> tweeted. "They're not sending their best."
>
> "Dark Brandon" appeared to have started on Twitter back in March when
> anonymous Twitter accounts sought to create an "edgy" version of the
> president, according to an online meme database.
>
> Daily Wire CEO and Emeritus Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro slammed the trend on
> Twitter.
>
> "You can try to Dark Brandon meme your way out of sub-40 approval ratings all
> you want, but throwing hundreds of billions at green boondoggles in the
> middle of an inflationary spiral isn't going to turn things around," Shapiro
> tweeted.
>
> "That said, the imagery of a dotard who can barely form words from his face-
> hole actually being a laser-eyed deathlord is pretty hilarious," he added.
>
> "THE DARK BRANDON RISES" supposedly hits theaters Nov. 8
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dark Brandon.

<super70s-A000F4.20392109082022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151422&group=rec.arts.tv#151422

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 20:39:21 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 01:39 UTC

> Christina Pushaw, press secretary for Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis, asked,
> "Why would a White House Deputy Press Secretary post a meme of his
> boss with a Nazi symbol in the background?"

Um, to parody all the modern day authoritarians in the Republican party
like Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump?