From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Excellent series on combatting "wokeness"
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:41:21 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 22:41 UTC

I've found a rather good series on YouTube that explores the origins of
"woke", how it operates, what its consequences are and, of particular
note, how to combat it. It's called The Woke Reformation and you can
find the first of the nine episodes (so far) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBt0tpCpf5w

If all goes well, you'll be able to see each subsequent episode appear
at the top of the column of suggested videos as you start the previous
one. If one of the episodes DOESN'T come up - as happened for me in one
case - you can find that series (and more) here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/drpeterboghossian

Personally, I think I'm going to take a more active interest in the
municipal elections which are coming along this October and see if I can
help tilt the scale in a more favourable direction.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Excellent series on combatting "wokeness"

<170a8a42dbbf6480$5$383679$40d50a60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151756&group=rec.arts.tv#151756

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 03:03:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Excellent series on combatting "wokeness"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:03 UTC

On 8/11/2022 11:22 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 August 2022 at 18:41:28 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
>> I've found a rather good series on YouTube that explores the origins of
>> "woke", how it operates, what its consequences are and, of particular
>> note, how to combat it. It's called The Woke Reformation and you can
>> find the first of the nine episodes (so far) here:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBt0tpCpf5w
>>
>> If all goes well, you'll be able to see each subsequent episode appear
>> at the top of the column of suggested videos as you start the previous
>> one. If one of the episodes DOESN'T come up - as happened for me in one
>> case - you can find that series (and more) here:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/c/drpeterboghossian
>>
>> Personally, I think I'm going to take a more active interest in the
>> municipal elections which are coming along this October and see if I can
>> help tilt the scale in a more favourable direction.
>>
>> --
>> Rhino
>
> The precursors to wokism in my opinion

Diarrhea of the cyber mouth.

Re: [OT] Excellent series on combatting "wokeness"

<96uuhhtrr9n9r1ibvnbjuadj3hee21umqp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156491&group=rec.arts.tv#156491

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:28:12 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 18:28 UTC

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:41:21 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I've found a rather good series on YouTube that explores the origins of
>"woke", how it operates, what its consequences are and, of particular
>note, how to combat it. It's called The Woke Reformation and you can
>find the first of the nine episodes (so far) here:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBt0tpCpf5w
>
>If all goes well, you'll be able to see each subsequent episode appear
>at the top of the column of suggested videos as you start the previous
>one. If one of the episodes DOESN'T come up - as happened for me in one
>case - you can find that series (and more) here:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/c/drpeterboghossian
>
>Personally, I think I'm going to take a more active interest in the
>municipal elections which are coming along this October and see if I can
>help tilt the scale in a more favourable direction.

I've been active in municipal affairs for 20 years (and am on a first
name basis with our mayor and all members of Council as well as senior
staff) and have found it challenging but worthwhile.

There's a particular member of Council who in his two terms has been
my personal nemesis as he was previously president of a sports group I
dislike and especially so since he moved and got passed a $ 100k/year
grant to them (despite the fact that 70+% of their members don't live
in our community).

No question you have a far greater chance of effecting REAL change at
the local level than at more senior levels of government. "Grass
roots" isn't just a cliche nor do federal party lines matter.

I voted multiple times for a card carrying Communist who was VERY
grass roots oriented and helped a lot of people nobody else would
help. And attended his funeral - even tried to get a street named for
him but his only surviving child lives in Germany and isn't responding
to mail or e-mail and our city won't name a street for a deceased
person without consent of next of kin. Given some of the new street
names no question this guy deserves one but until his son can be
bothered to reply it ain't happening!