From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Ping Kat
Date: 10 Dec 2022 21:37:40 GMT
 by: kat - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:37 UTC

<@florence.it> wrote:
> Is there any reaction from the viewership in the UK to the storyline
> (that's developing here) re. racism? I can't understand why they
> would pick on Speed Dahl etc. and trust Max to mix with the wrong
> 'uns!

Can’t say I have seen reaction, though I haven’t really gone looking. Only
real comment I have seen is why would Weatherfield need a help centre for
asylum seekers when they only have one ( I guess you have that bit to come
) . The storyline drags on, with Spider still undercover, and Max getting
in deeper. I suppose they pick on Speed Dahl because they look different.
White immigrants, illegal or otherwise, are not so obvious!

To be honest currently I am a bit bored. That storyline, Stephen, Hope, not
to mention the strange play and women after Ken, not doing it for me. I
need some fun! Maybe Christmas episodes will have some. Classic Corrie
from 2001-2002, much more fun even when it is miserable.

--

kat >^..^<

Re: Ping Kat

<100aphdq7jpu9h2ops929hl7dl8scsvcb3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1519&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1519

From: ...@florence.it@nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 17:57:51 -0400
 by: ...@florence.it@nowhere - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:57 UTC

On 10 Dec 2022 21:37:40 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:

><@florence.it> wrote:
>> Is there any reaction from the viewership in the UK to the storyline
>> (that's developing here) re. racism? I can't understand why they
>> would pick on Speed Dahl etc. and trust Max to mix with the wrong
>> 'uns!
>>

>Can’t say I have seen reaction, though I haven’t really gone looking. Only
>real comment I have seen is why would Weatherfield need a help centre for
>asylum seekers when they only have one ( I guess you have that bit to come
>) . The storyline drags on, with Spider still undercover, and Max getting
>in deeper. I suppose they pick on Speed Dahl because they look different.
>White immigrants, illegal or otherwise, are not so obvious!
>
>To be honest currently I am a bit bored. That storyline, Stephen, Hope, not
>to mention the strange play and women after Ken, not doing it for me. I
>need some fun! Maybe Christmas episodes will have some. Classic Corrie
>from 2001-2002, much more fun even when it is miserable.

It's odd you say that, my elder daughter was saying the same thing and
that she thought she finally would not bother to watch religiously
anymore and it was that which made me ask you - she clearly isn't
alone. I believe you aren't the only ones, for the first time ever
there have been promos for Corrie on tv, they've never needed to do
that before!

Re: Ping Kat

<jvlmfbFjm2tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1521&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1521

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: 11 Dec 2022 09:33:31 GMT
 by: kat - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 09:33 UTC

<@florence.it> wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2022 21:37:40 GMT, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <@florence.it> wrote:
>>> Is there any reaction from the viewership in the UK to the storyline
>>> (that's developing here) re. racism? I can't understand why they
>>> would pick on Speed Dahl etc. and trust Max to mix with the wrong
>>> 'uns!
>>>

>> Can’t say I have seen reaction, though I haven’t really gone looking. Only
>> real comment I have seen is why would Weatherfield need a help centre for
>> asylum seekers when they only have one ( I guess you have that bit to come
>> ) . The storyline drags on, with Spider still undercover, and Max getting
>> in deeper. I suppose they pick on Speed Dahl because they look different.
>> White immigrants, illegal or otherwise, are not so obvious!
>>
>> To be honest currently I am a bit bored. That storyline, Stephen, Hope, not
>> to mention the strange play and women after Ken, not doing it for me. I
>> need some fun! Maybe Christmas episodes will have some. Classic Corrie
>> from 2001-2002, much more fun even when it is miserable.
>
> It's odd you say that, my elder daughter was saying the same thing and
> that she thought she finally would not bother to watch religiously
> anymore and it was that which made me ask you - she clearly isn't
> alone. I believe you aren't the only ones, for the first time ever
> there have been promos for Corrie on tv, they've never needed to do
> that before!

There have always been dull patches, so hopefully these stories will end
and we can enjoy it again

--