Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while. -- Ambrose Bierce

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] The Valley of GretaRhino
+* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|`* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
| `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|  `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
|   `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    +* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
|    |+* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    ||+* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
|    |||+* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    ||||+* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
|    |||||`* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    ||||| +- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    ||||| `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretamoviePig
|    |||||  +- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    |||||  `- Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaYour Name
|    ||||`- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    |||`- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    ||`* Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    || `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    ||  `- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    |`* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaEd Stasiak
|    | +* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaRhino
|    | |`* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaThe Horny Goat
|    | | `- Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaRhino
|    | `* Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaBTR1701
|    |  +- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretaanim8rfsk
|    |  +- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky
|    |  `- Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaThe Horny Goat
|    `- Re: [OT] The Valley of GretaRhino
`- Re: [OT] The Valley of Gretatrotsky

Pages:12
Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

<170b3dd04399906c$1$134948$4d54e64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152077&group=rec.arts.tv#152077

Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:53:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <td70ci$2ns9r$1@dont-email.me> <2850acf9-f12f-4d7e-80cf-4434ed26395an@googlegroups.com> <rvadnWJOmZRCpmr_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ayOJK.709571$5fVf.3920@fx09.iad> <yrWcnfzFGoecV2r_nZ2dnZfqnPXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <_BRJK.156881$%i2.145948@fx48.iad> <N2adnbv_Htmpamr_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com> <rxTJK.1010880$X_i.863055@fx18.iad> <7hicnWXUJbnNgGX_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <170b2c94f1869a8b$7$1775478$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com> <aX6dnaeCTvePmGT_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 14:53 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

<170b3e34d8ea1c5f$4$134948$4d54e64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152083&group=rec.arts.tv#152083

Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 10:01:09 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <td70ci$2ns9r$1@dont-email.me> <2850acf9-f12f-4d7e-80cf-4434ed26395an@googlegroups.com> <rvadnWJOmZRCpmr_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ayOJK.709571$5fVf.3920@fx09.iad> <yrWcnfzFGoecV2r_nZ2dnZfqnPXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <_BRJK.156881$%i2.145948@fx48.iad> <N2adnbv_Htmpamr_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com> <rxTJK.1010880$X_i.863055@fx18.iad> <7hicnWXUJbnNgGX_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <zVVJK.778295$J0r9.335466@fx11.iad> <JVKdnVnPD-mD_WX_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <BKZJK.156888$%i2.134860@fx48.iad> <yq-cnbXKxJwU6GX_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com> <5b7KK.223229$9j2.58285@fx33.iad>
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:01 UTC

<la7ifh50otudbmoq591ci6rlip9qtnrp04@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152096&group=rec.arts.tv#152096

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <td70ci$2ns9r$1@dont-email.me> <2850acf9-f12f-4d7e-80cf-4434ed26395an@googlegroups.com> <rvadnWJOmZRCpmr_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ayOJK.709571$5fVf.3920@fx09.iad> <yrWcnfzFGoecV2r_nZ2dnZfqnPXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <_BRJK.156881$%i2.145948@fx48.iad> <N2adnbv_Htmpamr_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com> <rxTJK.1010880$X_i.863055@fx18.iad> <d815325c-c3b7-485d-9f90-322ab046f173n@googlegroups.com> <td9har$2us9o$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:06:18 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 16:06 UTC

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:57:58 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2022-08-13 7:23 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> moviePig
>>>
>>> What I won't be doing is shooting her because I don't like her message.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/tCQ3w9Nz/Saint-Greta-of-Thunberg.jpg
>>
>> And the Disney adaption.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/L8vjJLKy/1656136529183.jpg
>
>Wouldn't the Disney version have her played by a black boy who has
>transitioned to being a girl, preferably with a disability and a
>heritage from a third world country? You can't do intersectionality
>halfway, you've got to go whole hog!

If the girl is Xhosa hasn't that by definition checked most of those
boxes? (All but the transgender if you ask me and isn't that a 19th
century story?)

Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

<8d7ifhtldss45483qlac861l9n5qrt2ktd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152097&group=rec.arts.tv#152097

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <td70ci$2ns9r$1@dont-email.me> <2850acf9-f12f-4d7e-80cf-4434ed26395an@googlegroups.com> <rvadnWJOmZRCpmr_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ayOJK.709571$5fVf.3920@fx09.iad> <yrWcnfzFGoecV2r_nZ2dnZfqnPXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <_BRJK.156881$%i2.145948@fx48.iad> <N2adnbv_Htmpamr_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com> <rxTJK.1010880$X_i.863055@fx18.iad> <d815325c-c3b7-485d-9f90-322ab046f173n@googlegroups.com> <JVKdnVjPD-mC_WX_nZ2dnZfqnPtQAAAA@giganews.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:07:40 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 16:07 UTC

On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 02:38:23 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> moviePig
>>>
>>> What I won't be doing is shooting her because I don't like her message.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/tCQ3w9Nz/Saint-Greta-of-Thunberg.jpg
>>
>> And the Disney adaption.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/L8vjJLKy/1656136529183.jpg
>
>LOL! Yes, according to Hollywood law, any movie made about Saint Greta
>would require she be race-changed.

But isn't that misappropriation? Surely she MUST be a Swede or at
least Scandanavian?

Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

<tdbinm$38cfj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152121&group=rec.arts.tv#152121

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:34:10 -0400
<td9har$2us9o$1@dont-email.me> <la7ifh50otudbmoq591ci6rlip9qtnrp04@4ax.com>
 by: Rhino - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 19:34 UTC

On 2022-08-14 12:06 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:57:58 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> https://i.postimg.cc/tCQ3w9Nz/Saint-Greta-of-Thunberg.jpg
>>>
>>> And the Disney adaption.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/L8vjJLKy/1656136529183.jpg
>>
>> Wouldn't the Disney version have her played by a black boy who has
>> transitioned to being a girl, preferably with a disability and a
>> heritage from a third world country? You can't do intersectionality
>> halfway, you've got to go whole hog!
>
> If the girl is Xhosa hasn't that by definition checked most of those
> boxes? (All but the transgender if you ask me and isn't that a 19th
> century story?)

I doubt the average Xhosa girl is disabled. ;-)

I recently found and watched the recent movie What Is a Woman? At one
point in that movie, the presenter went to Africa and explained the idea
of transgenderism to the one guy who spoke English and he in turn
explained it to the other blacks, who I assume were his fellow
tribesmen. They were incredulous at this notion and laughed openly at
the whole concept.

I'd love to have some "woke" type explain that scene to me. Would they
dare to disparage blacks, authentic people from the third world, who are
often deemed to have great wisdom as a result? On what grounds would
they disparage them? I'm guessing they'd dismiss the remarks because
they were made by males so that it was the "patriarchy" dismissing
transgenderism, even if it was a black patriarchy....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] The Valley of Greta

<tdbt7r$3at$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152139&group=rec.arts.tv#152139

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 10:33:31 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 22:33 UTC

On 2022-08-14 13:57:19 +0000, moviePig said:

> "Common sense" is notoriously lazy as well as unkind to exceptions.

Common Sense is so rare it's virtually non-existant these days. :-(

Plus, people seem to want to blame everyone else for their problems and
yet then complain when the someone else tries to help them.
"Wah! The government didn't do anything to stop me getting Covid."
"Wah! The government told me I have to wear a mask."