"The medium is the massage." -- Crazy Nigel

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

SubjectAuthor
* NORTHWOODS LAWBTR1701
+- Re: NORTHWOODS LAWItrotsky
`* Re: NORTHWOODS LAWAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: NORTHWOODS LAWBTR1701
 |+- Re: NORTHWOODS LAWAdam H. Kerman
 |`- Re: NORTHWOODS LAWUbiquitous
 `- Re: NORTHWOODS LAWEd Stasiak

1
NORTHWOODS LAW

<Q_ydnXFnW-Sg1Wr_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151897&group=rec.arts.tv#151897

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: NORTHWOODS LAW
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 06:44:13 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 06:44 UTC

Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
tournament'.

Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing you
can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first? (And
of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
pocket first.)

Re: NORTHWOODS LAWI

<170ad75816969050$1$23012$d54a64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151901&group=rec.arts.tv#151901

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 02:36:13 -0500
Subject: Re: NORTHWOODS LAWI
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 07:36 UTC

On 8/13/2022 1:44 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
> follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
> jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
> of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
> land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
> but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
> tournament'.
>
> Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing you
> can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first? (And
> of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
> pocket first.)

I see your point, in the third world which the Banana Republicans want
the U.S. to be they don't have to deal with this kind of thing.

Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

<td8eh1$2rnru$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151935&group=rec.arts.tv#151935

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: NORTHWOODS LAW
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:04:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:04 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
>follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
>jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
>of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
>land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
>but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
>tournament'.

>Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing you
>can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first? (And
>of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
>pocket first.)

The game wardens aren't the heroes? They are being portrayed as venal
and petty, enforcing their own specious interpretation of the law in
an arbitrary manner for no societal benefit, illiberally treating those
harming no one who should just be left alone?

Fuck them.

Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

<yrWcnf7FGoefV2r_nZ2dnZfqnPXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151947&group=rec.arts.tv#151947

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:57:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:57 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
>> follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
>> jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
>> of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
>> land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
>> but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
>> tournament'.
>
>> Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing you
>> can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first? (And
>> of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
>> pocket first.)
>
> The game wardens aren't the heroes? They are being portrayed as venal
> and petty, enforcing their own specious interpretation of the law in
> an arbitrary manner for no societal benefit, illiberally treating those
> harming no one who should just be left alone?
>
> Fuck them.

There's a lot of shit they do that's constitutionally questionable. It's
actually surprising that they show them doing some of the shit they do. On
COPS, the cops are never wrong. Not so on this show.

What was cool about the fishing segment is that one of the fishers turned
out to be a New Hampshire legislator, who told the warden that the first
thing he was going to do after his vacation was over was start the process
of repealing or seriously amending that code section to take away the power
of game wardens to abuse people for doing nothing wrong.

Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

<067141a0-9f46-438e-b6a7-58a19355caben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151957&group=rec.arts.tv#151957

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:50 UTC

> Adam H. Kerman
> > BTR1701
> >
> >Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
> >follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
> >jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
> >of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
> >land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
> >but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
> >tournament'.
>
> The game wardens aren't the heroes? They are being portrayed as venal
> and petty, enforcing their own specious interpretation of the law in
> an arbitrary manner for no societal benefit, illiberally treating those
> harming no one who should just be left alone?

Game wardens kinda have to be dicks as for most of our history,
there were no game wardens and being a frontier society, people
could hunt anything at anytime and almost wiped out the buffalo
and did wipe out the passenger pigeon thru over-hunting and for
many, this attitude still holds.

Still today in Michigan we’ve got issues with Black folks and
immigrants not bothering to buy fishing licenses and ignoring
size and catch limits, plus drunken hillbilly poachers.

Michigan DNR even has radio controlled animatronic “deer-bots”
that can raise/turn their heads and wag their tails which are set
up around the state, with officers hiding nearby.

Dumbass hicks will come driving down the road and see the “deer”
aren’t running away, so they’ll pull out a rifle and shoot them.

A whole bunch of people have been caught and one guy got off 3-4
shots before the DNR swarmed him, as he thought his rifle scope
was misaligned because they deer weren’t going down…

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/dnr-michigan-man-tells-officer-he-drove-around-drunk-shooting-deer-to-relieve-frustration
June 29, 2022

“DNR: Michigan man tells officer he drove around drunk shooting
deer to relieve frustration”

Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

<td8nue$2smir$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151960&group=rec.arts.tv#151960

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 17:44:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 17:44 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show that
>>>follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
>>>jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
>>>of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
>>>land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
>>>but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
>>>tournament'.

>>>Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing you
>>>can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first? (And
>>>of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
>>>pocket first.)

>>The game wardens aren't the heroes? They are being portrayed as venal
>>and petty, enforcing their own specious interpretation of the law in
>>an arbitrary manner for no societal benefit, illiberally treating those
>>harming no one who should just be left alone?

>>Fuck them.

>There's a lot of shit they do that's constitutionally questionable. It's
>actually surprising that they show them doing some of the shit they do. On
>COPS, the cops are never wrong. Not so on this show.

>What was cool about the fishing segment is that one of the fishers turned
>out to be a New Hampshire legislator, who told the warden that the first
>thing he was going to do after his vacation was over was start the process
>of repealing or seriously amending that code section to take away the power
>of game wardens to abuse people for doing nothing wrong.

Hah!

There's nothing like "It affected me personally" before a politician
notices that a particular law is illiberal.

Re: NORTHWOODS LAW

<tddc8k$3jtfq$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152194&group=rec.arts.tv#152194

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Watching NORTHWOODS LAW-- which for those unfamiliar is a reality show
that
>>> follows New Hampshire Fish & Wildlife wardens around while they do their
>>> jobs, like COPS for game wardens-- and there was one segment where a group
>>> of friends got together and decided to have a competition to see who could
>>> land the biggest fish. All of them had proper and valid permits to fish,
>>> but they all ended up getting $300 tickets for 'running an unpermitted
>>> tournament'.
>>>
>>> Damn government. In this theoretical land of the free, is there nothing
you
>>> can do that you don't have to ask the government for permission first?
(And
>>> of course said permission is never granted without them reaching into your
>>> pocket first.)
>>
>> The game wardens aren't the heroes? They are being portrayed as venal
>> and petty, enforcing their own specious interpretation of the law in
>> an arbitrary manner for no societal benefit, illiberally treating those
>> harming no one who should just be left alone?
>>
>> Fuck them.
>
>There's a lot of shit they do that's constitutionally questionable. It's
>actually surprising that they show them doing some of the shit they do.

Isn't NH sppsd to be some sort of Libertarian hotbed?
I always hear claims about them being that way but have never seen any
evidence of it.

>On COPS, the cops are never wrong. Not so on this show.

On Vice Channel's THE DARK SIDE OF THE 90'S, they described COPS as a massive
propoganda effort to deflect from their racist practices.

>What was cool about the fishing segment is that one of the fishers turned
>out to be a New Hampshire legislator, who told the warden that the first
>thing he was going to do after his vacation was over was start the process
>of repealing or seriously amending that code section to take away the power
>of game wardens to abuse people for doing nothing wrong.

How conveeeeenient!

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!