Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: What makes Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek?
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:46 UTC

On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:20:41 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> I stated from the start that I'm not an expert on any of these topics, except perhaps Star Trek.

We marked this statement for further exploration. What would make Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek?
Has he seen every episode in every Star Trek series?
Does he know the plot and cast of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know and can he explain the theme of every episode of every Star Trek series?
Can he quote lines from or even the entire dialogue of every episode of every Star Trek series?
Does he know the names of the writers of every episode of every Star Trek series?
Does he know the names and origins of every creature in every episode of every Star Trek series?
Does he know the biography of every main character in every episode of every Star Trek series?
Has he ever been to a Star Trek convention?
Has he read every book written about Star Trek?
Does he know the Star Trek episodes by number?

An expert would know the above.

Re: What makes Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek?

<XnsAEB4A3D07BA88PantyheadPoorHouse@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152294&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152294

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:06:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:06 UTC

NancyGene <nancygene.andjayme@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:20:41 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> I stated from the start that I'm not an expert on any of these
>> topics, except perhaps Star Trek.
>>
> We marked this statement for further exploration. What would make
> Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek? Has
> he seen every episode in every Star Trek series? Does he know the
> plot and cast of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he
> know and can he explain the theme of every episode of every Star Trek
> series? Can he quote lines from or even the entire dialogue of every
> episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know the names of the
> writers of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know the
> names and origins of every creature in every episode of every Star
> Trek series? Does he know the biography of every main character in
> every episode of every Star Trek series? Has he ever been to a Star
> Trek convention? Has he read every book written about Star Trek?
> Does he know the Star Trek episodes by number?
>
> An expert would know the above.

Occam's Razor says he's a lying, delusional douchbag.

Re: What makes Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek?

<850cc712-fc0e-4500-b2a3-cdaf7cdce4fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152306&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152306

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 13:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: What makes Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on
Star Trek?
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:22 UTC

On Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 8:06:19 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:20:41 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> >> I stated from the start that I'm not an expert on any of these
> >> topics, except perhaps Star Trek.
> >>
> > We marked this statement for further exploration. What would make
> > Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek? Has
> > he seen every episode in every Star Trek series? Does he know the
> > plot and cast of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he
> > know and can he explain the theme of every episode of every Star Trek
> > series? Can he quote lines from or even the entire dialogue of every
> > episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know the names of the
> > writers of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know the
> > names and origins of every creature in every episode of every Star
> > Trek series? Does he know the biography of every main character in
> > every episode of every Star Trek series? Has he ever been to a Star
> > Trek convention? Has he read every book written about Star Trek?
> > Does he know the Star Trek episodes by number?
> >
> > An expert would know the above.
> Occam's Razor says he's a lying, delusional douchbag.
That's what we think too. Just having seen the original series or the movies doesn't qualify the viewer as an expert. If he has seen "The Trouble with Tribbles" or knows what "the undiscovered country" is, so have/do millions of people. We have read that he doesn't watch much tv, and we doubt that he has access to any streaming services. The new Star Trek (several) series is on Paramount +.

Re: What makes Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek?

<XnsAEB4AC8F069D4PantyheadPoorHouse@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152329&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152329

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:57:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:57 UTC

> On Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 8:06:19 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
>> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > We marked this statement for further exploration. What would make
>> > Will Dockery think that "perhaps" he is an expert on Star Trek? Has
>> > he seen every episode in every Star Trek series? Does he know the
>> > plot and cast of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he
>> > know and can he explain the theme of every episode of every Star
>> > Trek
>
>> > series? Can he quote lines from or even the entire dialogue of
>> > every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he know the names of
>> > the writers of every episode of every Star Trek series? Does he
>> > know the names and origins of every creature in every episode of
>> > every Star Trek series? Does he know the biography of every main
>> > character in every episode of every Star Trek series? Has he ever
>> > been to a Star Trek convention? Has he read every book written
>> > about Star Trek? Does he know the Star Trek episodes by number?
>> >
>> > An expert would know the above.
>> Occam's Razor says he's a lying, delusional douchbag.
> That's what we think too. Just having seen the original series or the
> movies doesn't qualify the viewer as an expert. If he has seen "The
> Trouble with Tribbles" or knows what "the undiscovered country" is, so
> have/do millions of people. We have read that he doesn't watch much
> tv, and we doubt that he has access to any streaming services. The
> new Star Trek (several) series is on Paramount +.

There's plenty of places he can watch it free on his mobile gizmo. More
likely he lurks on a Star Dreck geek group or two. This entitles him to
be no more than a third rate poser but try and tell that nitwit
anything...

For as long as I've smacked around kooks here "The Douchebag Option"
could always be deployed to explain Dreckweasel, his antics and the
mental defectives he attracts.