arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

SubjectAuthor
* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratsshawn
|+- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsUbiquitous
|+* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsAdam H. Kerman
||`- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratstrotsky
|+* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsmoviePig
||`* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
|| `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratsshawn
||  `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
||   `- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsmoviePig
|+* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
||`* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratsshawn
|| `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
||  `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratsshawn
||   +* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsmoviePig
||   |+- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
||   |`- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratstrotsky
||   +- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
||   `- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsEd Stasiak
|`* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsEd Stasiak
| +* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsBTR1701
| |`- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratstrotsky
| `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
|  `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsUbiquitous
|   `* Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsThe Horny Goat
|    +- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratssuzeeq
|    +- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsmoviePig
|    `- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsUbiquitous
+- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democratstrotsky
`- Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the DemocratsUbiquitous

Pages:12
Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdhobn$bkph$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152446&group=rec.arts.tv#152446

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056

She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
but it doesn't make one a conservative.

You probably agree with every one of her positions.

Rich, you are a blithering idiot.

>Voters in the US state of Wyoming have ousted congresswoman Liz Cheney,
>a rare Republican critic of former President Donald Trump, in a primary
>election.
>
>She has been trounced by a relative political newcomer and Trump-backed
>candidate, Harriet Hageman.
>
>Ms Cheney was one of only two members of her party to join the
>congressional committee investigating Mr Trump's attempts to cling to
>power.
>
>The three-term congresswoman was once a rising Republican star.
>
>All 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Mr Trump after his supporters
>attacked the US Capitol building in January last year have been targeted
>in a scorched-earth campaign of revenge.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<1o3pfhp6972g0fivo7bo761dgr6u3c0475@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152449&group=rec.arts.tv#152449

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 02:49:33 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 06:49 UTC

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056
>
>She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>
>You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>
>Rich, you are a blithering idiot.

Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<170c1b3cb0b83f78$4$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152472&group=rec.arts.tv#152472

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 05:31:43 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:31 UTC

On 8/17/2022 1:50 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 23:47:08 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056
>>
>> She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>> Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>> but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>>
>> You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>>
>> Rich, you are a blithering idiot.
>>> Voters in the US state of Wyoming have ousted congresswoman Liz Cheney,
>>> a rare Republican critic of former President Donald Trump, in a primary
>>> election.
>>>
>>> She has been trounced by a relative political newcomer and Trump-backed
>>> candidate, Harriet Hageman.
>>>
>>> Ms Cheney was one of only two members of her party to join the
>>> congressional committee investigating Mr Trump's attempts to cling to
>>> power.
>>>
>>> The three-term congresswoman was once a rising Republican star.
>>>
>>> All 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Mr Trump after his supporters
>>> attacked the US Capitol building in January last year have been targeted
>>> in a scorched-earth campaign of revenge.
>
> She was gracious in abject defeat. She gave a vitriolic speech again attacking Trump. Tell the b----- to get a f----- job.

I'm happy about this. Trump has ripped the party to shreds and they
have lost what little credibility they've had. But please, tell us
about the "rigged election." I need a good laugh.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdil91$e5r9$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152486&group=rec.arts.tv#152486

Followup: alt.troll.adam-h-kerman
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tdhobn$bkph$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056
>
>She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdilbi$e5r9$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152487&group=rec.arts.tv#152487

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:50 -0400

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:

> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdirca$f077$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152491&group=rec.arts.tv#152491

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:44:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:44 UTC

>Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056

>>She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>>Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>>but it doesn't make one a conservative.

>>You probably agree with every one of her positions.

>>Rich, you are a blithering idiot.

>Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>his stated belief that he won the election.

Since when does a conservative fail to stand up to someone like Trump?
The former mainstream conservatives demonstrating loyalty to Trump broke
with their own conservative values to do so.

Liz Cheney stood up to Trump. In doing so, she upheld her values.

>What I do wonder is if she will run again next time. Depending upon how
>things go there may be some degree of voter regret over their choice
>this time out.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<Dk7LK.1059942$X_i.994787@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152499&group=rec.arts.tv#152499

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:56:34 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:56 UTC

On 8/17/2022 2:49 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056
>>
>> She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>> Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>> but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>>
>> You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>>
>> Rich, you are a blithering idiot.
>

> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.

Alas, her loss was so definitive that any subsequent recovery would
require a rewriting of physics textbooks. I truly hope she's content
with her principled decision.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdj1um$ni2$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152506&group=rec.arts.tv#152506

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:36:54 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:36 UTC

On 8/16/2022 11:49 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62569056
>>
>> She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>> Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>> but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>>
>> You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>>
>> Rich, you are a blithering idiot.
>

> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.

Not in Wyoming. It's about 3 to 1 voting Repubs over Dems.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdj24b$ni2$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152507&group=rec.arts.tv#152507

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:39:54 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:39 UTC

On 8/17/2022 7:56 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/17/2022 2:49 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>>> Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>>> but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>>>
>>> You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>>>
>>> Rich, you are a blithering idiot.
>>

>> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
>> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
>> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.
>
> Alas, her loss was so definitive that any subsequent recovery would
> require a rewriting of physics textbooks.  I truly hope she's content
> with her principled decision.

She is, read/watch her concession speech. She said from the outset if
her participation in the Jan 6 hearings cost her her seat, it would be
well worth it to bring the truth about Trump's participation to light.
She wants to bring him down. There are people who suggest she may run
for president in 2024, though I doubt she'd get nominated.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<qe3qfhl82foul2s4qt6vn7vfi4o3rs4bl4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152509&group=rec.arts.tv#152509

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 11:50:27 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:50 UTC

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:39:54 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 8/17/2022 7:56 AM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 8/17/2022 2:49 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>>> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>>> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
>>> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
>>> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.
>>
>> Alas, her loss was so definitive that any subsequent recovery would
>> require a rewriting of physics textbooks.  I truly hope she's content
>> with her principled decision.
>>

>She is, read/watch her concession speech. She said from the outset if
>her participation in the Jan 6 hearings cost her her seat, it would be
>well worth it to bring the truth about Trump's participation to light.
>She wants to bring him down. There are people who suggest she may run
>for president in 2024, though I doubt she'd get nominated.

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney was increasingly open about considering a 2024
presidential campaign after soundly losing a Republican primary to a
challenger backed by former President Trump.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-08-17/liz-cheney-ponders-2024-bid

I agree that it's unlikely she would win the nomination, but she would
stay in the public eye and would have many more chances to stick it to
Donald Trump. Which would likely be her main goal in running for
President.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<hi3qfhluhr2vmtj07g1furqr501bi4jre1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152513&group=rec.arts.tv#152513

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 11:52:40 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:52 UTC

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:36:54 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 8/16/2022 11:49 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:47:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> She's not a quisling. She's a highly conservative Republican.
>>> Willingness to turn a blind eye to Trump's antics makes one un-American
>>> but it doesn't make one a conservative.
>>>
>>> You probably agree with every one of her positions.
>>>
>>> Rich, you are a blithering idiot.
>>

>> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
>> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
>> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.
>>
>Not in Wyoming. It's about 3 to 1 voting Repubs over Dems.

I don't know why you brought that up. Of course the state is mostly
Republicans voting, but that doesn't mean that the Republicans can't
vote for one candidate and come to regret they didn't vote for the
other one. In this case the other one being Liz Cheny, who is clearly
a conservative Republican. Just not one that is 100% behind all that
Trump says.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdj825$pef$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152521&group=rec.arts.tv#152521

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:21:09 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:21 UTC

On 8/17/2022 8:50 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:39:54 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Alas, her loss was so definitive that any subsequent recovery would
>>> require a rewriting of physics textbooks.  I truly hope she's content
>>> with her principled decision.
>>>

>> She is, read/watch her concession speech. She said from the outset if
>> her participation in the Jan 6 hearings cost her her seat, it would be
>> well worth it to bring the truth about Trump's participation to light.
>> She wants to bring him down. There are people who suggest she may run
>> for president in 2024, though I doubt she'd get nominated.
>
> Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney was increasingly open about considering a 2024
> presidential campaign after soundly losing a Republican primary to a
> challenger backed by former President Trump.
> https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-08-17/liz-cheney-ponders-2024-bid
>

> I agree that it's unlikely she would win the nomination, but she would
> stay in the public eye and would have many more chances to stick it to
> Donald Trump. Which would likely be her main goal in running for
> President.

Probably, and she's got enough money to spend doing it.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdj8a9$ptb$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152524&group=rec.arts.tv#152524

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:25:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:25 UTC

On 8/17/2022 8:52 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:36:54 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/16/2022 11:49 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>>> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>>> his stated belief that he won the election. What I do wonder is if she
>>> will run again next time. Depending upon how things go there may be
>>> some degree of voter regret over their choice this time out.
>>>
>> Not in Wyoming. It's about 3 to 1 voting Repubs over Dems.
>
> I don't know why you brought that up. Of course the state is mostly
> Republicans voting, but that doesn't mean that the Republicans can't
> vote for one candidate and come to regret they didn't vote for the
> other one. In this case the other one being Liz Cheny, who is clearly
> a conservative Republican. Just not one that is 100% behind all that
> Trump says.

The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
they buy the big lie totally.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<pvaqfh5lskbj0mbt3ea3cgbvk7oac9fgq7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152527&group=rec.arts.tv#152527

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:58:21 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:58 UTC

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:25:28 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 8/17/2022 8:52 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Not in Wyoming. It's about 3 to 1 voting Repubs over Dems.
>>
>> I don't know why you brought that up. Of course the state is mostly
>> Republicans voting, but that doesn't mean that the Republicans can't
>> vote for one candidate and come to regret they didn't vote for the
>> other one. In this case the other one being Liz Cheny, who is clearly
>> a conservative Republican. Just not one that is 100% behind all that
>> Trump says.
>>
>The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
>Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
>they buy the big lie totally.

Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
totally buy the big lie. It's scary to see how they believe it even
when there's all this evidence that it is a lie.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<hDaLK.734710$5fVf.30689@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152530&group=rec.arts.tv#152530

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:41:15 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:41 UTC

On 8/17/2022 1:21 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 8/17/2022 8:50 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> She is, read/watch her concession speech. She said from the outset if
>>> her participation in the Jan 6 hearings cost her her seat, it would be
>>> well worth it to bring the truth about Trump's participation to light.
>>> She wants to bring him down. There are people who suggest she may run
>>> for president in 2024, though I doubt she'd get nominated.
>>
>> Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney was increasingly open about considering a 2024
>> presidential campaign after soundly losing a Republican primary to a
>> challenger backed by former President Trump.
>> https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-08-17/liz-cheney-ponders-2024-bid
>>

>> I agree that it's unlikely she would win the nomination, but she would
>> stay in the public eye and would have many more chances to stick it to
>> Donald Trump. Which would likely be her main goal in running for
>> President.
>>
> Probably, and she's got enough money to spend doing it.

It'd be interesting to see a Presidential campaign based on candor
rather than on feel-good tribalism ...even if it turned out to be the
biggest roman candle ever seen in U.S. politics. On the plus side, it's
a niche that definitely won't be overcrowded...

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<0NaLK.675343$vAW9.171739@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152531&group=rec.arts.tv#152531

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:51:40 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:51 UTC

On 8/17/2022 1:58 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:25:28 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know why you brought that up. Of course the state is mostly
>>> Republicans voting, but that doesn't mean that the Republicans can't
>>> vote for one candidate and come to regret they didn't vote for the
>>> other one. In this case the other one being Liz Cheny, who is clearly
>>> a conservative Republican. Just not one that is 100% behind all that
>>> Trump says.
>>>
>> The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
>> Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
>> they buy the big lie totally.
>
> Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
> totally buy the big lie. It's scary to see how they believe it even
> when there's all this evidence that it is a lie.

What we can hope (against hope) for is that, deep down, most Trumpers
know it's a lie and he a liar, and are just being querulous.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<3f8b957a-9bbb-4127-b89b-63f29b66a6e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152534&group=rec.arts.tv#152534

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:12 UTC

> shawn
>
> What I do wonder is if she will run again next time.

NPR this morning suggested she'll probably go the Mainstream Media
to work as a talking head.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<vdacnS44Uczd22D_nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152540&group=rec.arts.tv#152540

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:49:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:49 UTC

On Aug 17, 2022 at 12:12:06 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > shawn
>>
>> What I do wonder is if she will run again next time.
>
> NPR this morning suggested she'll probably go the Mainstream Media
> to work as a talking head.

She'll end up like Nicole Wallace, who used to be a Republican but after a
half decade in the corporate media is now a nutjob 'progressive'.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdjjrl$10l6$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152545&group=rec.arts.tv#152545

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:42:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:42 UTC

On 8/17/2022 12:12 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > shawn
>>
>> What I do wonder is if she will run again next time.
>
> NPR this morning suggested she'll probably go the Mainstream Media
> to work as a talking head.

Fox...?

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdjjt8$10l6$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152546&group=rec.arts.tv#152546

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:43:19 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:43 UTC

On 8/17/2022 10:58 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:25:28 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know why you brought that up. Of course the state is mostly
>>> Republicans voting, but that doesn't mean that the Republicans can't
>>> vote for one candidate and come to regret they didn't vote for the
>>> other one. In this case the other one being Liz Cheny, who is clearly
>>> a conservative Republican. Just not one that is 100% behind all that
>>> Trump says.
>>>
>> The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
>> Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
>> they buy the big lie totally.
>
> Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
> totally buy the big lie. It's scary to see how they believe it even
> when there's all this evidence that it is a lie.

It's a plot by the evil Democrats.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<tdjjv7$10l9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152547&group=rec.arts.tv#152547

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:44:22 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:44 UTC

On 8/17/2022 11:51 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/17/2022 1:58 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
>>> Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
>>> they buy the big lie totally.
>>
>> Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
>> totally buy the big lie.  It's scary to see how they believe it even
>> when there's all this evidence that it is a lie.
>
> What we can hope (against hope) for is that, deep down, most Trumpers
> know it's a lie and he a liar, and are just being querulous.

Most of them actually do believe it and everything TFG says.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<2ae7d858-bf14-4c30-babb-c6197dcb8116n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152553&group=rec.arts.tv#152553

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:27 UTC

> shawn
> > suzeeq
> >
> >The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
> >Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
> >they buy the big lie totally.
>
> Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
> totally buy the big lie. It's scary to see how they believe it even when
> there's all this evidence that it is a lie.

I know, right?! It's totally insane, man...

https://i.postimg.cc/zBx9qG5j/1635376536537.jpg

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<170c3fc2bdfc500d$11$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152560&group=rec.arts.tv#152560

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:41:00 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:41 UTC

On 8/17/2022 1:51 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/17/2022 1:58 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> The fact that they voted against her tells me that most of them prefer a
>>> Trump backed candidate. I heard interviews with voters against her -
>>> they buy the big lie totally.
>>
>> Yeah, I saw one of those interviews and it amazes me how many people
>> totally buy the big lie.  It's scary to see how they believe it even
>> when there's all this evidence that it is a lie.
>
> What we can hope (against hope) for is that, deep down, most Trumpers
> know it's a lie and he a liar, and are just being querulous.

They don't and aren't.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<170c402f9a876791$1$2582276$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152561&group=rec.arts.tv#152561

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:48:15 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:48 UTC

On 8/17/2022 2:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2022 at 12:12:06 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > shawn
>>>
>>> What I do wonder is if she will run again next time.
>>
>> NPR this morning suggested she'll probably go the Mainstream Media
>> to work as a talking head.
>
> She'll end up like Nicole Wallace, who used to be a Republican but after a
> half decade in the corporate media is now a nutjob 'progressive'.

Perhaps you mean Nicolle Wallace. Regardless, she's well regarded by
both sides. Though she, like Steve Schmidt, has switched parties, there
are others such as the Lincoln Project's Rick Wilson and George Conway,
that remain Republicans but are highly critical of Trump and his
shitbags. Ana Cabrera fall into this same category. Bill Kristol is
critical too, but not quite to the extent of the other three. You can
single out Nicole (sic) if you want but you're literally driving off a
cliff in the process. Since you went all white supremacist on us you
really sound like a pile o' crap, as well as a eunuch.

Re: BBC: Ousted! Now Quisling Cheney can go JOIN the Democrats

<170c5a6a71539433$1$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152603&group=rec.arts.tv#152603

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 00:41:32 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 05:41 UTC

On 8/17/2022 7:09 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 09:44:47 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, she is definitely a hard core conservative. Her only break with
>>> the rest of the conservatives has been her refusal to back Trump in
>>> his stated belief that he won the election.
>> Since when does a conservative fail to stand up to someone like Trump?
>> The former mainstream conservatives demonstrating loyalty to Trump broke
>> with their own conservative values to do so.
>>
>> Liz Cheney stood up to Trump. In doing so, she upheld her values.
>>> What I do wonder is if she will run again next time. Depending upon how
>>> things go there may be some degree of voter regret over their choice
>>> this time out.
>
> Now, she's going to start a group to stop Trump. Now you know why women are not
> for the most part fit for the vicissitudes of politics because they simply cannot let anything go.

Oh, right, because you have one "example." Psychosis noted.