arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

SubjectAuthor
* Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540trotsky
+* Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540A Friend
|+- Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540trotsky
|`* Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540BTR1701
| +* Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540trotsky
| |`* Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540BTR1701
| | `- Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540trotsky
| `- Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540Adam H. Kerman
`- Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540trotsky

1
Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<170c5a6a8b7d6007$4$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152605&group=rec.arts.tv#152605

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 00:44:21 -0500
Subject: Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 05:44 UTC

On 8/17/2022 7:31 PM, RichA wrote:
> The 1540 Mega drought In Europe: Rhine Ran Dry, Fires Burned, And No One Blamed
> Coal Or Beef Steak
>
> https://joannenova.com.au/wp-content/hungerstone-elba.jpg
>
> Despite the news that the River Rhine is in a crisis due to "climate change" it
> has happened before, and many times. There are rocks in European rivers called
> Hunger Stones where people carved messages to mark the depth of the pain in the
> droughts. There are historical records of the Rhine drying up in spots so badly
> that people could walk across it with dry feet. In 1540 wells ran dry that had
> never run out of water. The whole decade was horrible, and in 1835 in
> Transylvania people were so hungry they ate dead cats and dogs.
>
> History is being actively wiped out because it never serves the narrative.
> Megadroughts

I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
isn't. More psychotic horseshit.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<180820220529347759%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152617&group=rec.arts.tv#152617

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 05:29:34 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:29 UTC

In article <170c5a6a8b7d6007$4$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/2022 7:31 PM, RichA wrote:
> > The 1540 Mega drought In Europe: Rhine Ran Dry, Fires Burned, And
> > No One Blamed Coal Or Beef Steak
> >
> > https://joannenova.com.au/wp-content/hungerstone-elba.jpg
> >
> > Despite the news that the River Rhine is in a crisis due to
> > "climate change" it has happened before, and many times. There are
> > rocks in European rivers called Hunger Stones where people carved
> > messages to mark the depth of the pain in the droughts. There are
> > historical records of the Rhine drying up in spots so badly that
> > people could walk across it with dry feet. In 1540 wells ran dry
> > that had never run out of water. The whole decade was horrible, and
> > in 1835 in Transylvania people were so hungry they ate dead cats
> > and dogs.
> >
> > History is being actively wiped out because it never serves the
> > narrative. Megadroughts
>

> I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
> isn't. More psychotic horseshit.

Megadroughts actually are a thing, but it has to be an actual
megadrought and not just a long spell of dry weather. What's going on
right now in Europe is not a megadrought.

Megadrought
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A megadrought (or mega-drought) is a prolonged drought lasting two
decades or longer. Past megadroughts have been associated with
persistent multiyear La Niña conditions (cooler than normal water
temperatures in the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean).

The associated footnote is Richard Seager, Celine Herweijer and Ed Cook
(2011). "The characteristics and likely causes of the Medieval
megadroughts in North America". Lamont­Doherty Earth Observatory of
Columbia University. Retrieved 15 August 2011.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<170c6d9ec700ea57$4$1607696$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152632&group=rec.arts.tv#152632

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 04:57:49 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:57 UTC

On 8/18/2022 4:29 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <170c5a6a8b7d6007$4$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>,
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/17/2022 7:31 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> The 1540 Mega drought In Europe: Rhine Ran Dry, Fires Burned, And
>>> No One Blamed Coal Or Beef Steak
>>>
>>> https://joannenova.com.au/wp-content/hungerstone-elba.jpg
>>>
>>> Despite the news that the River Rhine is in a crisis due to
>>> "climate change" it has happened before, and many times. There are
>>> rocks in European rivers called Hunger Stones where people carved
>>> messages to mark the depth of the pain in the droughts. There are
>>> historical records of the Rhine drying up in spots so badly that
>>> people could walk across it with dry feet. In 1540 wells ran dry
>>> that had never run out of water. The whole decade was horrible, and
>>> in 1835 in Transylvania people were so hungry they ate dead cats
>>> and dogs.
>>>
>>> History is being actively wiped out because it never serves the
>>> narrative. Megadroughts
>>

>> I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
>> isn't. More psychotic horseshit.
>

> Megadroughts actually are a thing, but it has to be an actual
> megadrought and not just a long spell of dry weather. What's going on
> right now in Europe is not a megadrought.
>

> Megadrought
> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>
> A megadrought (or mega-drought) is a prolonged drought lasting two
> decades or longer. Past megadroughts have been associated with
> persistent multiyear La Niña conditions (cooler than normal water
> temperatures in the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean).
>

> The associated footnote is Richard Seager, Celine Herweijer and Ed Cook
> (2011). "The characteristics and likely causes of the Medieval
> megadroughts in North America". Lamont­Doherty Earth Observatory of
> Columbia University. Retrieved 15 August 2011.

Sounds like something concocted for a book. I'm dubious as to it's
scientific worth, if there is any.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<K_Gdncg6xaKxxmP_nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152660&group=rec.arts.tv#152660

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:30:52 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:30 UTC

On Aug 18, 2022 at 2:29:34 AM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <170c5a6a8b7d6007$4$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>,
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/17/2022 7:31 PM, RichA wrote:
>> > The 1540 Mega drought In Europe: Rhine Ran Dry, Fires Burned, And
>> > No One Blamed Coal Or Beef Steak
>> >
>> > https://joannenova.com.au/wp-content/hungerstone-elba.jpg
>> >
>> > Despite the news that the River Rhine is in a crisis due to
>> > "climate change" it has happened before, and many times. There are
>> > rocks in European rivers called Hunger Stones where people carved
>> > messages to mark the depth of the pain in the droughts. There are
>> > historical records of the Rhine drying up in spots so badly that
>> > people could walk across it with dry feet. In 1540 wells ran dry
>> > that had never run out of water. The whole decade was horrible, and
>> > in 1835 in Transylvania people were so hungry they ate dead cats
>> > and dogs.
>> >
>> > History is being actively wiped out because it never serves the
>> > narrative. Megadroughts
>>

>> I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
>> isn't. More psychotic horseshit.
>

> Megadroughts actually are a thing, but it has to be an actual
> megadrought and not just a long spell of dry weather. What's going on
> right now in Europe is not a megadrought.
>

> Megadrought
> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>
> A megadrought (or mega-drought) is a prolonged drought lasting two
> decades or longer. Past megadroughts have been associated with
> persistent multiyear La Niña conditions (cooler than normal water
> temperatures in the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean).

We've had droughts in California that have lasted half a millennia, like the
one from 1100 to 1600, but they keep insisting that our current dry weather is
due to 'climate change' because it's lasted three years now and the trained
seals in the public just bark and clap for their masters.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<170c8ccc8abc94f7$6$1683757$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152719&group=rec.arts.tv#152719

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:12:42 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:12 UTC

On 8/18/2022 10:30 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2022 at 2:29:34 AM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <170c5a6a8b7d6007$4$570036$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>,
>> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
>>> isn't. More psychotic horseshit.
>>

>> Megadroughts actually are a thing, but it has to be an actual
>> megadrought and not just a long spell of dry weather. What's going on
>> right now in Europe is not a megadrought.
>>

>> Megadrought
>> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>>
>> A megadrought (or mega-drought) is a prolonged drought lasting two
>> decades or longer. Past megadroughts have been associated with
>> persistent multiyear La Niña conditions (cooler than normal water
>> temperatures in the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean).
>
> We've had droughts in California that have lasted half a millennia,

Are you talking about a Mazda Millennia or half a millennium you stupid
fuck?

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<ZKGcnetNsu4ERGP_nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152741&group=rec.arts.tv#152741

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:30:17 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:30 UTC

On Aug 18, 2022 at 2:12:42 PM PDT, "trotsky" <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 8/18/2022 10:30 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Aug 18, 2022 at 2:29:34 AM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Megadroughts actually are a thing, but it has to be an actual
>>> megadrought and not just a long spell of dry weather. What's going on
>>> right now in Europe is not a megadrought.
>>>

>>> Megadrought
>>> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>>>
>>> A megadrought (or mega-drought) is a prolonged drought lasting two
>>> decades or longer. Past megadroughts have been associated with
>>> persistent multiyear La Niña conditions (cooler than normal water
>>> temperatures in the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean).
>>
>> We've had droughts in California that have lasted half a millennia,
>

> Are you talking about a Mazda Millennia or half a millennium you stupid
> fuck?

If you're stroking out, Hutt, dial 911.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<170cb49889d67c36$22$1669734$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152770&group=rec.arts.tv#152770

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:22:05 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:22 UTC

On 8/18/2022 7:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2022 at 2:12:42 PM PDT, "trotsky" <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> We've had droughts in California that have lasted half a millennia,
>>

>> Are you talking about a Mazda Millennia or half a millennium you stupid
>> fuck?
>
> If you're stroking out, Hutt, dial 911.

And like a true eunuch, you're too afraid to answer the question. Stop
literally driving off cliffs, it's getting boring.

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<170cb4dd34a1e613$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152772&group=rec.arts.tv#152772

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:26:57 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:26 UTC

On 8/18/2022 7:41 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 August 2022 at 01:49:40 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 8/17/2022 7:31 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> The 1540 Mega drought In Europe: Rhine Ran Dry, Fires Burned, And No One Blamed
>>> Coal Or Beef Steak
>>>
>>> https://joannenova.com.au/wp-content/hungerstone-elba.jpg
>>>
>>> Despite the news that the River Rhine is in a crisis due to "climate change" it
>>> has happened before, and many times. There are rocks in European rivers called
>>> Hunger Stones where people carved messages to mark the depth of the pain in the
>>> droughts. There are historical records of the Rhine drying up in spots so badly
>>> that people could walk across it with dry feet. In 1540 wells ran dry that had
>>> never run out of water. The whole decade was horrible, and in 1835 in
>>> Transylvania people were so hungry they ate dead cats and dogs.
>>>
>>> History is being actively wiped out because it never serves the narrative.
>>> Megadroughts
>> I didn't know "megadroughts" was an actual term. In fact I know it
>> isn't. More psychotic horseshit.
>
> Like the envirokooks spending 10 years trying to explain away the Medieval Warming Period?

What happened 700 years ago is somehow relevant? And you have the
credentials to say this? You're an anonymous piece of rat shit. You're
someone I use as cannon fodder. But you're too psychotic to get this.
Are you under the care of mental health professionals??

Re: European drought. Worst ever? The year was 1540

<tdo6bs$1gtl4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152806&group=rec.arts.tv#152806

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:22:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:22 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>We've had droughts in California that have lasted half a millennia, like the
>one from 1100 to 1600, but they keep insisting that our current dry weather is
>due to 'climate change' because it's lasted three years now and the trained
>seals in the public just bark and clap for their masters.

The water subsidies to Big Ag were uneconomical centuries ago and continue
to incentivize bad behavior today. Whose water was California stealing
way back when?