"What did you do when the ship sank?" "I grabbed a cake of soap and washed myself ashore."

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesanim8rfsk
+* Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesshawn
|`- Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesanim8rfsk
`* Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesA Friend
 `* Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesanim8rfsk
  `* Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesDavid Johnston
   `- Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own seriesAlan Smithee

1
Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<868385374.682528517.884874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152657&group=rec.arts.tv#152657

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:23:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:23 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13443470/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
>
> She's 20 years old, playing a 15 year old? Whatever. She was what, 8
> in the original series??

Lisa Loring was six in the original series.

Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
Junior.

Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.

Nicole Fugere
https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
Who I’ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
I’ve never heard of before.

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<7posfhdga71a9h41c51crfucuebuepvd73@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152665&group=rec.arts.tv#152665

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:07:11 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:07 UTC

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:23:00 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13443470/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
>>
>> She's 20 years old, playing a 15 year old? Whatever. She was what, 8
>> in the original series??
>>

>Lisa Loring was six in the original series.
>
>Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
>Junior.
>
>Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.
>
>Nicole Fugere
>https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
>Who I’ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
>I’ve never heard of before.

Neither had I but she was in two movies I don't think I saw.

Then there's also the adult Wednesday Addams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98aB3CtcW8

The Many Faces of Wednesday Addams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6yd95BA50

Clips are from (almost) every version of Wednesday there has been:

The New Yorker Cartoons (1938-88) by Charles Addams
The Addams Family (1964–66) played by Lisa Loring
The Addams Family (1973–74) voiced by Cindy Henderson
Halloween with the New Addams Family (1977) played by Lisa Loring
(Sr.) & Jennifer Surprenant (Jr.)
The Addams Family (1991) played by Christina Ricci
The Addams Family: The Animated Series (1992–93) voiced by Debi
Derryberry
Addams Family Values (1993) played by Christina Ricci
Addams Family Reunion (1998) played by Nicole Fugere
The New Addams Family (1998-99) played by Nicole Fugere

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<654115806.682535127.403846.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152679&group=rec.arts.tv#152679

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:15:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:15 UTC

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:23:00 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13443470/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
>>>
>>> She's 20 years old, playing a 15 year old? Whatever. She was what, 8
>>> in the original series??
>>>

>> Lisa Loring was six in the original series.
>>
>> Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
>> Junior.
>>
>> Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.
>>
>> Nicole Fugere
>> https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
>> Who I’ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
>> I’ve never heard of before.
>
> Neither had I but she was in two movies I don't think I saw.
>

> Then there's also the adult Wednesday Addams:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98aB3CtcW8
>

> The Many Faces of Wednesday Addams
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6yd95BA50
>
> Clips are from (almost) every version of Wednesday there has been:
>
> The New Yorker Cartoons (1938-88) by Charles Addams
> The Addams Family (1964–66) played by Lisa Loring
> The Addams Family (1973–74) voiced by Cindy Henderson
> Halloween with the New Addams Family (1977) played by Lisa Loring
> (Sr.) & Jennifer Surprenant (Jr.)
> The Addams Family (1991) played by Christina Ricci
> The Addams Family: The Animated Series (1992–93) voiced by Debi
> Derryberry
> Addams Family Values (1993) played by Christina Ricci
> Addams Family Reunion (1998) played by Nicole Fugere
> The New Addams Family (1998-99) played by Nicole Fugere

Wow. You win!

What the hell is up with the brightly colored animated shows? Wednesday in
pink?!?

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<180820221345091087%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152690&group=rec.arts.tv#152690

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:45:09 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:45 UTC

In article
<868385374.682528517.884874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13443470/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
> >
> > She's 20 years old, playing a 15 year old? Whatever. She was what, 8
> > in the original series??
> >

> Lisa Loring was six in the original series.
>
> Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
> Junior.
>
> Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.
>
> Nicole Fugere
> https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
> Who I¹ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
> I¹ve never heard of before.

Me too. This series is a new one on me.

Wikipedia says it ran on Fox Family in the U.S. and YTV in Canada
during 1998-99. Sixty-five eps. John Astin guested twice as
Grandpapa, who was not named Gomez.

Things I didn't know before now: In the original series, Fester was
Morticia's uncle. I'd thought he was the kids' uncle. (In the films
and this later series, Fester is Gomez's brother.)

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<1954756490.682540596.656889.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152706&group=rec.arts.tv#152706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:54:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:54 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <868385374.682528517.884874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13443470/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
>>>
>>> She's 20 years old, playing a 15 year old? Whatever. She was what, 8
>>> in the original series??
>>>

>> Lisa Loring was six in the original series.
>>
>> Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
>> Junior.
>>
>> Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.
>>
>> Nicole Fugere
>> https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
>> Who I¹ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
>> I¹ve never heard of before.
>

> Me too. This series is a new one on me.
>
> Wikipedia says it ran on Fox Family in the U.S. and YTV in Canada
> during 1998-99. Sixty-five eps. John Astin guested twice as
> Grandpapa, who was not named Gomez.
>
> Things I didn't know before now: In the original series, Fester was
> Morticia's uncle. I'd thought he was the kids' uncle. (In the films
> and this later series, Fester is Gomez's brother.)

I am from the Gomez‘s brother camp. Ian drew up a family tree for the
Wikipedia article that’s somewhat disquieting.

I’m wondering if that animated series is the origin of thing being a
disembodied hand. In the original I had always thought he was some sort of
thing with a long Snakey arm.

I continue to be surprised that they made Ted Cassidy, by far the largest
person in the cast, play the thing by crouching under furniture. You would
think that would be a role given to the producers assistant or nephew Lenny
or somebody.

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<tflsr9$10s6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156375&group=rec.arts.tv#156375

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 18:00:38 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 00:00 UTC

On 2022-08-18 2:54 p.m., anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <868385374.682528517.884874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Lisa Loring was six in the original series.
>>>
>>> Jennifer Surprenant was seven when she took over the role as Wednesday
>>> Junior.
>>>
>>> Christina Ricci was 11 in her first Addams family movie.
>>>
>>> Nicole Fugere
>>> https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1303535104/nm0297564
>>> Who I¹ve never heard of before was 12 when she played Wednesday in a series
>>> I¹ve never heard of before.
>>

>> Me too. This series is a new one on me.
>>
>> Wikipedia says it ran on Fox Family in the U.S. and YTV in Canada
>> during 1998-99. Sixty-five eps. John Astin guested twice as
>> Grandpapa, who was not named Gomez.
>>
>> Things I didn't know before now: In the original series, Fester was
>> Morticia's uncle. I'd thought he was the kids' uncle. (In the films
>> and this later series, Fester is Gomez's brother.)
>>

> I am from the Gomez‘s brother camp. Ian drew up a family tree for the
> Wikipedia article that’s somewhat disquieting.
>
> I’m wondering if that animated series is the origin of thing being a
> disembodied hand. In the original I had always thought he was some sort of
> thing with a long Snakey arm.

Lady Fingers, Thing's girl friend fit into quite a small box that could
be carried around.

Re: Tim Burton slums it. Wednesday Adamms gets her own series

<tkideu$1qm5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164191&group=rec.arts.tv#164191

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 04:41:00 -0400
 by: Alan Smithee - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:41 UTC

the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73UhUTs6y0

it looks like they "borrowed" a few ideas for their "Nevermore School"
from the "Hogwarts Academy". They even have the girl solving mysteries
ala nancy drew.