arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the GoldenBTR1701
+* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killRhino
|+* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
||`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killRhino
|| `* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GBTR1701
||  +- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gtrotsky
||  `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killmoviePig
|`- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
+- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the GoldenThe Horny Goat
+* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, wantanim8rfsk
|+* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GA Friend
||`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
|| +* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killRhino
|| |`- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
|| +* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killsuzeeq
|| |`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GA Friend
|| | `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killsuzeeq
|| `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, wantanim8rfsk
|`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killRhino
| +- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to killsuzeeq
| +* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GBTR1701
| |+* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GA Friend
| ||`- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gtrotsky
| |+- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gtrotsky
| |`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, wantanim8rfsk
| | +* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GA Friend
| | |+- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GBTR1701
| | |`- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, wantanim8rfsk
| | `* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GBTR1701
| |  +* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, wantanim8rfsk
| |  |`- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GBTR1701
| |  `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
| `* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden GThe Horny Goat
|  `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gshawn
`* Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gtrotsky
 `- Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Gtrotsky

Pages:12
Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<K_Gdnc46xaInxGP_nZ2dnZfqnPjNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152658&group=rec.arts.tv#152658

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:24:42 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:24 UTC

On Aug 18, 2022 at 7:39:07 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/us/hawaii-tourism-impact-united-shades-cec/index.html
>
> Sorry, no welfare without tourism.

"The tourism industry in Hawaii powers its state revenue,
but that reliance on tourism has resulted in Native Hawaiians
getting priced out of their homes, climate change wreaking
havoc on the natural landscape, and a lack of respect for
the 50th state that is also the ancestral land of more than
half a million people."

If 'climate change' is actually wreaking havoc on your island, buddy, you need
to look west, not east for the culprit. I know you activists love to dump all
your problems at the feet of the haoles on the mainland, but the U.S. has done
more to 'fight climate change' than any other country while the countries to
your left-- China and India-- are still opening dozens of coal-fired
generation plants every year.

As for 'lack of respect'? You're the only state that's allowed to have seats
in the state legislature and in local city governments reserved solely for
'native people'. How that's legal and constitutional under the 14th Amendment
is god's own private mystery. Can you imagine any other state getting away
with putting a racial qualification on a certain percentage of the seats in
its statehouse? "If you're white or hispanic you can't run for this seat. It's
reserved for black people." Any such law would be shit-canned in a heartbeat
by the courts. But in Hawaii, it's allowed for some reason.

You literally can get away with shit no one else in the nation can get away
with and you're still whining about a 'lack of respect'. Native, please...

Your only legitimate complaint is the out-pricing of real estate, but that's
something that happens everywhere, not just Hawaii. Home prices here in
California are worse than in Hawaii, as they are in several other places
around the nation. It's not a 'natives only' problem the way you make it out
to be.

"But what's profitable for Hawaii's economy can negatively
impact the lives of Native Hawaiians and yearlong residents.
To combat drought conditions, residents last year were asked
to reduce their water consumption or face a fine while large
resorts continued to use far more water."

Again, this happens everywhere, not just Hawaii. You don't think we in
California have to put up with politicians trying to force water rationing and
restrictions on us while big industry-- farming and tourism-- that line the
pockets of the legislators and the governor get a pass?

"The National Pearl Harbor Memorial is a stop on Kajihiro's
DeTours, where visitors discuss the United States' rampant
militarization of Hawaii in the 19th and 20th centuries."

Without which you'd almost certainly be speaking Chinese right now and living
under the yoke of the Chinese Communist Party, something all the nativist
independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have some
pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back to
living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them alone.
The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at a
minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S. doesn't
respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
represent a threat to CCP control.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdlo8b$13k5e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152666&group=rec.arts.tv#152666

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill
the Golden Goose
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:09:43 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:09 UTC

On 2022-08-18 11:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2022 at 7:39:07 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/us/hawaii-tourism-impact-united-shades-cec/index.html
>>
>> Sorry, no welfare without tourism.
>
> "The tourism industry in Hawaii powers its state revenue,
> but that reliance on tourism has resulted in Native Hawaiians
> getting priced out of their homes, climate change wreaking
> havoc on the natural landscape, and a lack of respect for
> the 50th state that is also the ancestral land of more than
> half a million people."
>
> If 'climate change' is actually wreaking havoc on your island, buddy, you need
> to look west, not east for the culprit. I know you activists love to dump all
> your problems at the feet of the haoles on the mainland, but the U.S. has done
> more to 'fight climate change' than any other country while the countries to
> your left-- China and India-- are still opening dozens of coal-fired
> generation plants every year.
>
> As for 'lack of respect'? You're the only state that's allowed to have seats
> in the state legislature and in local city governments reserved solely for
> 'native people'. How that's legal and constitutional under the 14th Amendment
> is god's own private mystery. Can you imagine any other state getting away
> with putting a racial qualification on a certain percentage of the seats in
> its statehouse? "If you're white or hispanic you can't run for this seat. It's
> reserved for black people." Any such law would be shit-canned in a heartbeat
> by the courts. But in Hawaii, it's allowed for some reason.
>
> You literally can get away with shit no one else in the nation can get away
> with and you're still whining about a 'lack of respect'. Native, please...

Meanwhile, the new Australian government is planning a native-only
consultative body that is massively pissing off moderate Australians.

--
Rhino

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<9issfhd12avmv9phhspid9smkk4k79k7r3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152675&group=rec.arts.tv#152675

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:09:41 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:09 UTC

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:24:42 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Without which you'd almost certainly be speaking Chinese right now and living
>under the yoke of the Chinese Communist Party, something all the nativist
>independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have some
>pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back to
>living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them alone.
>The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
>would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at a
>minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S. doesn't
>respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
>arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
>represent a threat to CCP control.

In other words like Panama eh?

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152680&group=rec.arts.tv#152680

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want
to kill the Golden Goose
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:15:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:15 UTC

> [...]
>
> Without which you'd almost certainly be speaking Chinese right now and living
under the yoke of the Chinese Communist Party, something all the nativist
independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have
some
pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back
living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them
alone.
The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at
a minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S.
doesn't
respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would

Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
that doesn’t connect to any other states.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<cjssfhd6l92bqshc48dcmf6aebv7m9mvcm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152682&group=rec.arts.tv#152682

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:17:34 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:17 UTC

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:09:43 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Meanwhile, the new Australian government is planning a native-only
>consultative body that is massively pissing off moderate Australians.

In Canada I am regularly PO'd by talk of "reconciliation" that seems
to utterly ignore the fact that true reconciliation is two way and NOT
a matter of "OK we'll give you whatever you want .... plus 20% more"

And those "acknowledgements" are morphing into declarations that XYZ
(in this case the local museum in our area) are "<tribe 1> and <tribe
2> territory". Uh no - your people signed away those rights when they
took the white man's dollars.

During the worst of the pandemic I was terrified when the first
vaccines came out since I have a condition that makes me "clinically
extremely vulnerable" - yet aboriginal people - regardless of age and
regardless of whether they live "in the sticks" or in the big city
were moved to the front of the queue.

I defy anybody trying to convince me that an 18 year old native guy in
the prime of health (and youth) was ever as much 'at risk' than
somebody in their early 60s with a known condition. (If you want to
make that argument regarding folks my age I'll listen - but that
policy was across the board extending to the youngest and fittest
adults)

I feel extremely strongly about politicians who believe in playing
Russian Roulette with my life in the name of bogus "equity" and will
definitely be factoring that into my decision in my next trip to the
polls.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<62tsfh9tuvlf0kqf1bff512jdjna0j6ojf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152685&group=rec.arts.tv#152685

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:25:52 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:25 UTC

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:09:43 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> "The National Pearl Harbor Memorial is a stop on Kajihiro's
>> DeTours, where visitors discuss the United States' rampant
>> militarization of Hawaii in the 19th and 20th centuries."
>>
>> Without which you'd almost certainly be speaking Chinese right now and living
>> under the yoke of the Chinese Communist Party, something all the nativist
>> independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have some
>> pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back to
>> living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them alone.
>> The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
>> would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at a
>> minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S. doesn't
>> respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
>> arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
>> represent a threat to CCP control.

No question 50 years ago when we spend Christmas in Hawaii my late
grandfather was absolutely livid when he saw numberous Japanese tour
groups at Pearl Harbor but that was in a time (early 70s) when he had
spent the war under constant naval alerts as a west coast commercial
fisherman (he won an award from the British Ministry of Food for
devising a method of fish packing that for the first time made it
possible to ship BC salmon to Britain and have it arrive there in
edible condition which in wartime was significant) particularly given
the fact that any Japanese who was then 55+ (which was a lot of them)
was old enough to have served in the Japanese forces - or even having
taken part in the attack - so in his view it was obscene for them to
be visiting or even feel welcome at Pearl Harbor.

These days it's a non-issue since that generation (including him) are
now gone but no question I completely agreed with him on that last
part. Pearl Harbor wasn't just an enemy attack on the United States -
it was an attack in peace time and that's a horse of a different
color.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<180820221356099134%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152695&group=rec.arts.tv#152695

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:56 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Lettuce also not forget that we bought [Hawaii] an interstate highway system
> that doesn¹t connect to any other states.

That's the best kind!

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<170c8cb233d015eb$5$1683757$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152718&group=rec.arts.tv#152718

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:10:55 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:10 UTC

On 8/18/2022 10:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> DeTours, where visitors discuss the United States' rampant
> militarization of Hawaii in the 19th and 20th centuries."
>
> Without which you'd almost certainly be speaking Chinese right now and living
> under the yoke of the Chinese Communist Party, something all the nativist
> independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have some
> pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back to
> living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them alone.
> The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
> would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at a
> minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S. doesn't
> respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
> arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would

What does "CNN: Native Hawaiians" mean? I don't speak psychotic.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<170cb46fbb7cb57c$103$1669734$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152768&group=rec.arts.tv#152768

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:19:01 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:19 UTC

On 8/18/2022 6:56 PM, RichA wrote:
> [...]
>>> independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have some
>>> pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back to
>>> living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them alone.
>>> The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
>>> would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at a
>>> minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S. doesn't
>>> respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
>>> arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
>>> represent a threat to CCP control.
>> What does "CNN: Native Hawaiians" mean? I don't speak psychotic.
>
> The native Hawaiians are kind of like that tribe that lives on the island off the coast of India, but the Hawaiians don't eat people; any more.

So it's like a TV show, such as "CSI: Miami?" I couldn't stand it if my
mind had deteriorated they way yours has.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<hqjvfh1coq2k7n5sl2f70r7g4jlrkatvs6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152825&group=rec.arts.tv#152825

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:02:38 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:02 UTC

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article
><755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought [Hawaii] an interstate highway system
>> that doesn¹t connect to any other states.
>

>That's the best kind!

I'm pretty sure Alaska has one of those too!

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdol5v$1jfj8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152832&group=rec.arts.tv#152832

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
the Golden Goose
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:35:38 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:35 UTC

On 2022-08-18 1:17 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:09:43 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile, the new Australian government is planning a native-only
>> consultative body that is massively pissing off moderate Australians.
>
> In Canada I am regularly PO'd by talk of "reconciliation" that seems
> to utterly ignore the fact that true reconciliation is two way and NOT
> a matter of "OK we'll give you whatever you want .... plus 20% more"
>
> And those "acknowledgements" are morphing into declarations that XYZ
> (in this case the local museum in our area) are "<tribe 1> and <tribe
> 2> territory". Uh no - your people signed away those rights when they
> took the white man's dollars.
>
> During the worst of the pandemic I was terrified when the first
> vaccines came out since I have a condition that makes me "clinically
> extremely vulnerable" - yet aboriginal people - regardless of age and
> regardless of whether they live "in the sticks" or in the big city
> were moved to the front of the queue.
>
> I defy anybody trying to convince me that an 18 year old native guy in
> the prime of health (and youth) was ever as much 'at risk' than
> somebody in their early 60s with a known condition. (If you want to
> make that argument regarding folks my age I'll listen - but that
> policy was across the board extending to the youngest and fittest
> adults)
>
> I feel extremely strongly about politicians who believe in playing
> Russian Roulette with my life in the name of bogus "equity" and will
> definitely be factoring that into my decision in my next trip to the
> polls.

The Liberals have built this DIE (Diversity, Inclusion, Equity) crap
into everything they do. Trudeau and the Liberals - and their NDP
fluffers - must be soundly defeated at the next election so that the
next government can start to dismantle this nonsense!

Mind you, I'm not convinced it WILL be dismantled even if a Conservative
government gets a majority and the leader is genuinely small "c"
conservative. A whole lot of the time, once a bad policy is enacted, it
is left in place even after a change of parties. It seems as if
established policy is sacrosanct, even when it is dead wrong.

--
Rhino

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdollb$1jh89$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152834&group=rec.arts.tv#152834

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
the Golden Goose
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:43:50 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:43 UTC

On 2022-08-18 1:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
> independence movements never take into consideration. They seem to have
> some
> pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and then go back
> living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world will leave them
> alone.
> The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the Eye of Sauron in Beijing
> would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years, they'd be like Taiwan at
> minimum, if not outright absorbed by China. And if they think the U.S.
> doesn't
> respect their native culture or their values, wait till the Chinese boot
> arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
> represent a threat to CCP control.
>>

> Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
> that doesn’t connect to any other states.

What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the
mainland? ;-)

It was actually a condition of Confederation here in Canada that PEI
(Prince Edward Island) would only join if the federal government
guaranteed to link the island to the mainland. We did it via ferries for
roughly a century but then FINALLY built the Confederation Bridge to
join PEI to the mainland and it opened in 1997. Mind you, that bridge is
only 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) long! A bridge to join Hawaii to the US
West Coast would presumably be hundreds of miles long, depending on the
route, far longer than anything ever attempted before.

--
Rhino

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdomde$1jk1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152835&group=rec.arts.tv#152835

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
the Golden Goose
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:56:41 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:56 UTC

On 2022-08-19 2:02 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought [Hawaii] an interstate highway system
>>> that doesn¹t connect to any other states.
>>

>> That's the best kind!
>
> I'm pretty sure Alaska has one of those too!

It's a shame Canada didn't buy Alaska instead of letting the Americans
buy it. The map of North America would make more sense then as would the
map of Canada.

At the very least, the Alaska/Yukon border, which is very close to a
straight line, should be extended the rest of the way to the Pacific,
which is only a few miles, so that the Alaska Panhandle would be a part
of BC, not Alaska.

--
Rhino

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdon2r$3sru$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152837&group=rec.arts.tv#152837

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
the Golden Goose
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:08:10 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:08 UTC

On 8/19/2022 11:43 AM, Rhino wrote:
> [...]
>> arrives. China will actively eradicate their culture because it would
>> represent a threat to CCP control.
>>>

>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
>> that doesn’t connect to any other states.
>>
> What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the
> mainland? ;-)
>
> It was actually a condition of Confederation here in Canada that PEI
> (Prince Edward Island) would only join if the federal government
> guaranteed to link the island to the mainland. We did it via ferries for
> roughly a century but then FINALLY built the Confederation Bridge to
> join PEI to the mainland and it opened in 1997. Mind you, that bridge is
> only 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) long! A bridge to join Hawaii to the US
> West Coast would presumably be hundreds of miles long, depending on the
> route, far longer than anything ever attempted before.

About 2350 miles to San Francisco. And that's by air. Direct distance is
3764 miles.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<tdon71$3sru$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152838&group=rec.arts.tv#152838

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
the Golden Goose
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:10:24 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:10 UTC

On 8/19/2022 11:02 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought [Hawaii] an interstate highway system
>>> that doesn¹t connect to any other states.
>>

>> That's the best kind!
>
> I'm pretty sure Alaska has one of those too!

It doesn't, just state highways. If federal money is used, I think it
comes under the Interstate act. So that's why HI has an interstate.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<atropos-79FDE2.12232119082022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152840&group=rec.arts.tv#152840

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:23:21 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:23 UTC

In article <tdollb$1jh89$1@dont-email.me>,

> [...]
> >> nativist independence movements never take into consideration. They seem
> >> to have some pie-in-the-sky idea that they can force the U.S. out and
> >> then go back to living like they did in 1700s and the rest of the world
> >> will leave them alone. The reality is that as soon as the U.S. left, the
> >> Eye of Sauron in Beijing would fix squarely upon them and within 20 years,
> >> they'd be like Taiwan at a minimum, if not outright absorbed by China.
> >> And if they think the U.S. doesn't respect their native culture or their
> >> values, wait till the Chinese boot arrives. China will actively eradicate
> >> their culture because it would represent a threat to CCP control.
> >>
> > Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
> > that doesn’t connect to any other states.
> >
> What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the

We have to build it because Occasional-Cortex's "Green New Deal"
requires the cessation of air travel, which would make any travel in and
out of Hawaii impossible as a practical matter. So that bridge from L.A.
to Honolulu is essential!

> It was actually a condition of Confederation here in Canada that PEI
> (Prince Edward Island) would only join if the federal government
> guaranteed to link the island to the mainland. We did it via ferries for
> roughly a century but then FINALLY built the Confederation Bridge to
> join PEI to the mainland and it opened in 1997. Mind you, that bridge is
> only 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) long! A bridge to join Hawaii to the US
> West Coast would presumably be hundreds of miles long, depending on the
> route, far longer than anything ever attempted before.

More like 2000 miles and probably an engineering impossibility with
anything less than STAR TREK-level technology. Driving to Hawaii would
be like driving from L.A. to New York. It's not something that can be
done without stops along the way. A trans-Pacific bridge would require
artificial islands be built out in the middle of the Pacific with
facilities for people to gas their vehicles, eat, use the restroom,
sleep, etc. And that doesn't even get into the issues of weather and
constructing a bridge that can survive hurricanes/typhoons without
collapsing.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<atropos-E7ADF5.12240219082022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152841&group=rec.arts.tv#152841

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:24:02 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:24 UTC

In article <tdol5v$1jfj8$1@dont-email.me>,

> On 2022-08-18 1:17 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:09:43 -0400, Rhino
> > <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Meanwhile, the new Australian government is planning a native-only
> >> consultative body that is massively pissing off moderate Australians.
> >
> > In Canada I am regularly PO'd by talk of "reconciliation" that seems
> > to utterly ignore the fact that true reconciliation is two way and NOT
> > a matter of "OK we'll give you whatever you want .... plus 20% more"
> >
> > And those "acknowledgements" are morphing into declarations that XYZ
> > (in this case the local museum in our area) are "<tribe 1> and <tribe
> > 2> territory". Uh no - your people signed away those rights when they
> > took the white man's dollars.
> >
> > During the worst of the pandemic I was terrified when the first
> > vaccines came out since I have a condition that makes me "clinically
> > extremely vulnerable" - yet aboriginal people - regardless of age and
> > regardless of whether they live "in the sticks" or in the big city
> > were moved to the front of the queue.
> >
> > I defy anybody trying to convince me that an 18 year old native guy in
> > the prime of health (and youth) was ever as much 'at risk' than
> > somebody in their early 60s with a known condition. (If you want to
> > make that argument regarding folks my age I'll listen - but that
> > policy was across the board extending to the youngest and fittest
> > adults)
> >
> > I feel extremely strongly about politicians who believe in playing
> > Russian Roulette with my life in the name of bogus "equity" and will
> > definitely be factoring that into my decision in my next trip to the
> > polls.
>
> The Liberals have built this DIE (Diversity, Inclusion, Equity) crap
> into everything they do. Trudeau and the Liberals - and their NDP
> fluffers - must be soundly defeated at the next election so that the
> next government can start to dismantle this nonsense!
>
> Mind you, I'm not convinced it WILL be dismantled even if a Conservative
> government gets a majority and the leader is genuinely small "c"
> conservative. A whole lot of the time, once a bad policy is enacted, it
> is left in place even after a change of parties. It seems as if
> established policy is sacrosanct, even when it is dead wrong.

Settled law!

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<190820221533280928%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152846&group=rec.arts.tv#152846

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:33:28 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:33 UTC

In article <tdon71$3sru$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 8/19/2022 11:02 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> >
> >> In article
> >> <755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

> >> That's the best kind!
> >
> > I'm pretty sure Alaska has one of those too!
> >
> It doesn't, just state highways. If federal money is used, I think it
> comes under the Interstate act. So that's why HI has an interstate.

Endless research I've just now done says Alaska has four interstates,
numbered A-1 through A-4. Hawaii has three, H-1 through H-3. Puerto
Rico has three, PRI-1 through PRI-3. (Don't confuse those with
commonwealth routes PR-1 through PR-3.)

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<190820221549486510%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152849&group=rec.arts.tv#152849

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:49:48 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:49 UTC

In article
<atropos-79FDE2.12232119082022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>,
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> A trans-Pacific bridge would require artificial islands be built out
> in the middle of the Pacific with facilities for people to gas their
> vehicles, eat, use the restroom, sleep, etc. And that doesn't even
> get into the issues of weather and constructing a bridge that can
> survive hurricanes/typhoons without collapsing.

Hawaii is also moving at about four inches to the northwest per year,
relative to the California coast.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<170cdf7f83e319fb$1$1070657$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152863&group=rec.arts.tv#152863

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:28:06 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:28 UTC

On 8/19/2022 2:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tdollb$1jh89$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
>>> that doesn’t connect to any other states.
>>>
>> What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the
>> mainland? ;-)
>
> We have to build it because Occasional-Cortex's "Green New Deal"
> requires the cessation of air travel,

Wow you must think AOC is a major player in politics, just like MTG and
Lauren Boebert, right? You've got the stupidest fucking diarrhea of the
mouth politicians in your camp, but, because of your eunuch status, you
wouldn't dare acknowledge their existence. Did you ever have testicles?
Do you even have a Y chromosome? Do you pay tribute to J.Edgar daily
by wearing women's undies? Do you ever wonder what it's like having a
body that can produce testosterone? Just curious.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<170cdf90380f27fd$1$1070657$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152864&group=rec.arts.tv#152864

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:29:26 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:29 UTC

On 8/19/2022 2:49 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <atropos-79FDE2.12232119082022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>,
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>

>> A trans-Pacific bridge would require artificial islands be built out
>> in the middle of the Pacific with facilities for people to gas their
>> vehicles, eat, use the restroom, sleep, etc. And that doesn't even
>> get into the issues of weather and constructing a bridge that can
>> survive hurricanes/typhoons without collapsing.
>

> Hawaii is also moving at about four inches to the northwest per year,
> relative to the California coast.

Yeah but that's Gavin Newsom's fault, sucking it into his orbit.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<170cdfb014d0e8d9$1$1070657$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152865&group=rec.arts.tv#152865

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:30:11 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:30 UTC

On 8/19/2022 2:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tdol5v$1jfj8$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-08-18 1:17 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> In Canada I am regularly PO'd by talk of "reconciliation" that seems
>>> to utterly ignore the fact that true reconciliation is two way and NOT
>>> a matter of "OK we'll give you whatever you want .... plus 20% more"
>>>
>>> And those "acknowledgements" are morphing into declarations that XYZ
>>> (in this case the local museum in our area) are "<tribe 1> and <tribe
>>> 2> territory". Uh no - your people signed away those rights when they
>>> took the white man's dollars.
>>>
>>> During the worst of the pandemic I was terrified when the first
>>> vaccines came out since I have a condition that makes me "clinically
>>> extremely vulnerable" - yet aboriginal people - regardless of age and
>>> regardless of whether they live "in the sticks" or in the big city
>>> were moved to the front of the queue.
>>>
>>> I defy anybody trying to convince me that an 18 year old native guy in
>>> the prime of health (and youth) was ever as much 'at risk' than
>>> somebody in their early 60s with a known condition. (If you want to
>>> make that argument regarding folks my age I'll listen - but that
>>> policy was across the board extending to the youngest and fittest
>>> adults)
>>>
>>> I feel extremely strongly about politicians who believe in playing
>>> Russian Roulette with my life in the name of bogus "equity" and will
>>> definitely be factoring that into my decision in my next trip to the
>>> polls.
>>
>> The Liberals have built this DIE (Diversity, Inclusion, Equity) crap
>> into everything they do. Trudeau and the Liberals - and their NDP
>> fluffers - must be soundly defeated at the next election so that the
>> next government can start to dismantle this nonsense!
>>
>> Mind you, I'm not convinced it WILL be dismantled even if a Conservative
>> government gets a majority and the leader is genuinely small "c"
>> conservative. A whole lot of the time, once a bad policy is enacted, it
>> is left in place even after a change of parties. It seems as if
>> established policy is sacrosanct, even when it is dead wrong.
>
> Settled law!

Lying right assholes and the eunuchs that support them!

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<916014701.682641743.289428.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152868&group=rec.arts.tv#152868

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
to kill the Golden Goose
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:47:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:47 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:56:09 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <755562449.682535380.732418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought [Hawaii] an interstate highway system
>>> that doesn¹t connect to any other states.
>>

>> That's the best kind!
>
> I'm pretty sure Alaska has one of those too!

Yeah, and Puerto Rico too, which is doubly insulting.

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<148814364.682641864.608304.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152869&group=rec.arts.tv#152869

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
to kill the Golden Goose
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:47:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:47 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tdollb$1jh89$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Lettuce also not forget that we bought them an interstate highway system
>>> that doesn’t connect to any other states.
>>>
>> What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the
>> mainland? ;-)
>
> We have to build it because Occasional-Cortex's "Green New Deal"
> requires the cessation of air travel, which would make any travel in and
> out of Hawaii impossible as a practical matter. So that bridge from L.A.
> to Honolulu is essential!
>
>> It was actually a condition of Confederation here in Canada that PEI
>> (Prince Edward Island) would only join if the federal government
>> guaranteed to link the island to the mainland. We did it via ferries for
>> roughly a century but then FINALLY built the Confederation Bridge to
>> join PEI to the mainland and it opened in 1997. Mind you, that bridge is
>> only 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) long! A bridge to join Hawaii to the US
>> West Coast would presumably be hundreds of miles long, depending on the
>> route, far longer than anything ever attempted before.
>
> More like 2000 miles and probably an engineering impossibility with
> anything less than STAR TREK-level technology. Driving to Hawaii would
> be like driving from L.A. to New York. It's not something that can be
> done without stops along the way. A trans-Pacific bridge would require
> artificial islands be built out in the middle of the Pacific with
> facilities for people to gas their vehicles, eat, use the restroom,
> sleep, etc. And that doesn't even get into the issues of weather and
> constructing a bridge that can survive hurricanes/typhoons without
> collapsing.

Wouldn’t we just need a long chunnel?

Re: CNN: Native Hawaiians. Slackers, like all natives, want to kill the Golden Goose

<190820221855085257%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152870&group=rec.arts.tv#152870

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:55:08 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:55 UTC

In article
<148814364.682641864.608304.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article <tdollb$1jh89$1@dont-email.me>,
> > Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> >> What ever happened to that bridge that was going to join Hawaii to the
> >> mainland? ;-)
> >
> > We have to build it because Occasional-Cortex's "Green New Deal"
> > requires the cessation of air travel, which would make any travel in and
> > out of Hawaii impossible as a practical matter. So that bridge from L.A.
> > to Honolulu is essential!
> >
> >> It was actually a condition of Confederation here in Canada that PEI
> >> (Prince Edward Island) would only join if the federal government
> >> guaranteed to link the island to the mainland. We did it via ferries for
> >> roughly a century but then FINALLY built the Confederation Bridge to
> >> join PEI to the mainland and it opened in 1997. Mind you, that bridge is
> >> only 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) long! A bridge to join Hawaii to the US
> >> West Coast would presumably be hundreds of miles long, depending on the
> >> route, far longer than anything ever attempted before.
> >
> > More like 2000 miles and probably an engineering impossibility with
> > anything less than STAR TREK-level technology. Driving to Hawaii would
> > be like driving from L.A. to New York. It's not something that can be
> > done without stops along the way. A trans-Pacific bridge would require
> > artificial islands be built out in the middle of the Pacific with
> > facilities for people to gas their vehicles, eat, use the restroom,
> > sleep, etc. And that doesn't even get into the issues of weather and
> > constructing a bridge that can survive hurricanes/typhoons without
> > collapsing.
> >

> Wouldn¹t we just need a long chunnel?

Once again, you're ignoring the ever-present danger presented by
Morlocks.