arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

SubjectAuthor
* Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want Ubiquitous
+* Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In TurnRhino
|+* Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???tsuper70s
||+* Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???tThe Horny Goat
|||+- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???tsuper70s
|||`- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t WUbiquitous
||`* Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't WUbiquitous
|| `* Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Wdanny burstein
||  +- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't WAdam H. Kerman
||  `- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't WUbiquitous
|`- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't WUbiquitous
`- Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Wtrotsky

1
Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want To Face DeSantis

<tddg86$3l61c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152199&group=rec.arts.tv#152199

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want To Face DeSantis
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:04:05 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:04 UTC

Fox News contributor Piers Morgan said during an interview late last week
that the FBI's raid on former President Donald Trump's home in Florida helps
boost Trump ahead of the 2024 Republican presidential primary, which may in
turn help President Joe Biden, who he argued would rather face Trump in the
election instead of Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL).

Morgan made the remarks during an appearance on HBO's "Real Time with Bill
Maher" while speaking with the host about the raid and the potential
political fallout from it. Federal investigators removed numerous boxes from
Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, including at least 11 sets of classified
documents.

"In the end, it comes down to what is in these boxes... if it turns out to be
the real deal, if it turns out that Donald Trump has violated the Espionage
Act, that is a serious crime and he should be held to account," Morgan said.
"If it doesn't turn out to be there, that there are legitimate questions, I
think, from the Trump supporters about the different standards applied to
Donald Trump that hasn't been applied to Hillary Clinton, to James Comey, to
Hunter Biden and the others."

Morgan then argued that the real political winner of the raid could be Biden
if Trump becomes the Republican presidential nominee and then is weighed down
by pending legal actions against him.

"If you're Joe Biden, who would you rather face -- Donald Trump who has all
the baggage, who has the Jan. 6 investigation ranging a number of legal
actions, all this stuff now... or would you rather face a much younger, more
dynamic DeSantis who hasn't had the baggage?" Morgan doubled down. "So, in a
way, you could see that although it looks in the short term like this might
play out advantageously for Trump politically, if he doesn't get nailed by
what's going on here, actually it could work in Joe Biden's favor in 2024."

Calling Trump "the luckiest man in the world," Maher said, "His fortune was
finally falling."

"The Big Lie was finally losing momentum," Maher continued. "DeSantis was
beating him in the polls -- you know who hates this more than anybody?
DeSantis."

"'I had this in the bag, and now I gotta run against President Martyr,'"
Maher said as he impersonated DeSantis.

Maher argued that the raid was "saving Trump politically" because it has
caused "all the Republicans" to rally around Trump.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want To Face DeSantis

<tddh53$3lhhu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152203&group=rec.arts.tv#152203

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Piers_Morgan:_FBI_Raid_Boosts_Trump_Which_In_Turn
_Helps_Biden,_Who_Doesn’t_Want_To_Face_DeSantis
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:19:27 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:19 UTC

On 2022-08-15 9:04 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Fox News contributor Piers Morgan said during an interview late last week
> that the FBI's raid on former President Donald Trump's home in Florida helps
> boost Trump ahead of the 2024 Republican presidential primary, which may in
> turn help President Joe Biden, who he argued would rather face Trump in the
> election instead of Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL).
>
> Morgan made the remarks during an appearance on HBO's "Real Time with Bill
> Maher" while speaking with the host about the raid and the potential
> political fallout from it. Federal investigators removed numerous boxes from
> Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, including at least 11 sets of classified
> documents.
>
> "In the end, it comes down to what is in these boxes... if it turns out to be
> the real deal, if it turns out that Donald Trump has violated the Espionage
> Act, that is a serious crime and he should be held to account," Morgan said.
> "If it doesn't turn out to be there, that there are legitimate questions, I
> think, from the Trump supporters about the different standards applied to
> Donald Trump that hasn't been applied to Hillary Clinton, to James Comey, to
> Hunter Biden and the others."
>
> Morgan then argued that the real political winner of the raid could be Biden
> if Trump becomes the Republican presidential nominee and then is weighed down
> by pending legal actions against him.
>
> "If you're Joe Biden, who would you rather face -- Donald Trump who has all
> the baggage, who has the Jan. 6 investigation ranging a number of legal
> actions, all this stuff now... or would you rather face a much younger, more
> dynamic DeSantis who hasn't had the baggage?" Morgan doubled down. "So, in a
> way, you could see that although it looks in the short term like this might
> play out advantageously for Trump politically, if he doesn't get nailed by
> what's going on here, actually it could work in Joe Biden's favor in 2024."
>
> Calling Trump "the luckiest man in the world," Maher said, "His fortune was
> finally falling."
>
> "The Big Lie was finally losing momentum," Maher continued. "DeSantis was
> beating him in the polls -- you know who hates this more than anybody?
> DeSantis."
>
> "'I had this in the bag, and now I gotta run against President Martyr,'"
> Maher said as he impersonated DeSantis.
>
> Maher argued that the raid was "saving Trump politically" because it has
> caused "all the Republicans" to rally around Trump.

How's this for a new strategy: Trump runs for President in 2024 with
DeSantis as his running mate? Trump can only serve one more term and his
ticket would be strengthened by DeSantis who people might see as a
stabilizing/moderating force. DeSantis in turn would gain valuable
experience as VP and then be stronger in his own Presidential run in
2028. Of course this asssumes the two don't loathe each other to the
point of being unable to work together. I imagine the Republican Party
would see this as a dream ticket since it improves their chances of
being in the White House for perhaps 12 straight years, assuming the
Trump/DeSantis ticket wins in 2024 and DeSantis at the top of the ticket
wins in 2028 and 2032.

--
Rhino

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???t Want To Face DeSantis

<super70s-7B2761.14375615082022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152250&group=rec.arts.tv#152250

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:37:56 -0500
 by: super70s - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 19:37 UTC

In article <tddh53$3lhhu$1@dont-email.me>,

> [...]
> > Maher said as he impersonated DeSantis.
> >
> > Maher argued that the raid was "saving Trump politically" because it has
> > caused "all the Republicans" to rally around Trump.
> >

> How's this for a new strategy: Trump runs for President in 2024 with
> DeSantis as his running mate? Trump can only serve one more term and his
> ticket would be strengthened by DeSantis who people might see as a
> stabilizing/moderating force. DeSantis in turn would gain valuable
> experience as VP and then be stronger in his own Presidential run in
> 2028. Of course this asssumes the two don't loathe each other to the
> point of being unable to work together. I imagine the Republican Party
> would see this as a dream ticket since it improves their chances of
> being in the White House for perhaps 12 straight years, assuming the
> Trump/DeSantis ticket wins in 2024 and DeSantis at the top of the ticket

One of them would have to move away from Florida. Or at least do a
change of residency scheme like Texans Bush and Cheney did back in 2000.

Trump could go back to claiming he's a New Yorker I guess but he moved
to Florida to help him avoid a lot of legal problems and liability (like
OJ Simpson).

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???t Want To Face DeSantis

<6nflfh9hucma2c23cudpblc2te406kj4gj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152282&group=rec.arts.tv#152282

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:47:34 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 21:47 UTC

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:37:56 -0500, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>Trump could go back to claiming he's a New Yorker I guess but he moved
>to Florida to help him avoid a lot of legal problems and liability (like
>OJ Simpson).

Oh? What's the Trump connection to Simpson?

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn???t Want To Face DeSantis

<super70s-AA4564.18011515082022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152291&group=rec.arts.tv#152291

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 18:01:15 -0500
 by: super70s - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 23:01 UTC

In article <6nflfh9hucma2c23cudpblc2te406kj4gj@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:37:56 -0500, super70s
> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Trump could go back to claiming he's a New Yorker I guess but he moved
> >to Florida to help him avoid a lot of legal problems and liability (like
> >OJ Simpson).
>
> Oh? What's the Trump connection to Simpson?

Harder to collect on civil financial judgements from other states in
Florida and Trump has or will have several of those coming his way.

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

<tdiivv$e5r9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152479&group=rec.arts.tv#152479

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>How's this for a new strategy: Trump runs for President in 2024 with
>DeSantis as his running mate? Trump can only serve one more term and his
>ticket would be strengthened by DeSantis who people might see as a
>stabilizing/moderating force. DeSantis in turn would gain valuable
>experience as VP and then be stronger in his own Presidential run in
>2028. Of course this asssumes the two don't loathe each other to the
>point of being unable to work together. I imagine the Republican Party
>would see this as a dream ticket since it improves their chances of
>being in the White House for perhaps 12 straight years, assuming the
>Trump/DeSantis ticket wins in 2024 and DeSantis at the top of the ticket
>wins in 2028 and 2032.

It's a great idea, but I want Desantis to remain our governor!

The only problem I see is if Trump is still mercurial, he might turn on
Desantis.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

<tdij65$e5r9$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152480&group=rec.arts.tv#152480

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> How's this for a new strategy: Trump runs for President in 2024 with
>> DeSantis as his running mate? Trump can only serve one more term and his
>> ticket would be strengthened by DeSantis who people might see as a
>> stabilizing/moderating force. DeSantis in turn would gain valuable
>> experience as VP and then be stronger in his own Presidential run in
>> 2028. Of course this asssumes the two don't loathe each other to the
>> point of being unable to work together. I imagine the Republican Party
>> would see this as a dream ticket since it improves their chances of
>> being in the White House for perhaps 12 straight years, assuming the
>> Trump/DeSantis ticket wins in 2024 and DeSantis at the top of the ticket
>> wins in 2028 and 2032.
>
>One of them would have to move away from Florida. Or at least do a
>change of residency scheme like Texans Bush and Cheney did back in 2000.

What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports are you babbling about?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want To Face DeSantis

<tdijb0$e5r9$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152481&group=rec.arts.tv#152481

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:44 -0400

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>> Trump could go back to claiming he's a New Yorker I guess but he moved
>> to Florida to help him avoid a lot of legal problems and liability (like
>> OJ Simpson).
>
> Oh? What's the Trump connection to Simpson?

Super70s has an obssesive irrational hatred of President Trump.
Need I say more?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

<tdin2k$a3$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152488&group=rec.arts.tv#152488

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:31:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:31 UTC

In <tdij65$e5r9$4@dont-email.me> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:

[snip]

>>One of them would have to move away from Florida. Or at least do a
>>change of residency scheme like Texans Bush and Cheney did back in 2000.

>What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports are you babbling about?

THere's the widespread misbelief the Constitution prohibits
the Pres and VP being from the same state.

The confusion comes from the following line:

"The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by
ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an
inhabitant of the same state with themselves."

In other words, if both the Pres and VP candidates were
from Florida, the electors from there could cast their
ballots for just one of them. WHich, with Florida's numbers,
might be enough to notice. (Ditto Texas in 2000).

However, the electors in the otehr 49 states and DC could,
indeed, cast their ballots for both Floridians.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

<tdis7g$f5ll$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152493&group=rec.arts.tv#152493

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:59:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:59 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:
>>super70s wrote:

>[snip]

>>>One of them would have to move away from Florida. Or at least do a
>>>change of residency scheme like Texans Bush and Cheney did back in 2000.

>>What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports are you babbling about?

>THere's the widespread misbelief the Constitution prohibits
>the Pres and VP being from the same state.

>The confusion comes from the following line:

>"The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by
>ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an
>inhabitant of the same state with themselves."

>In other words, if both the Pres and VP candidates were
>from Florida, the electors from there could cast their
>ballots for just one of them. WHich, with Florida's numbers,
>might be enough to notice. (Ditto Texas in 2000).

>However, the electors in the otehr 49 states and DC could,
>indeed, cast their ballots for both Floridians.

I admit I never thought about it. Thanks for reminding us that legal
language must be taken at face value.

Shudder. What's your opinion of the independent state legislature
doctrine, discussio of which Reinquist revived?

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn’t Want To Face DeSantis

<170c3ef8620ba4b2$1$573844$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152552&group=rec.arts.tv#152552

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:26:30 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:26 UTC

On 8/17/2022 9:59 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 15 August 2022 at 09:04:11 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Fox News contributor Piers Morgan said during an interview late last week
>> that the FBI's raid on former President Donald Trump's home in Florida helps
>> boost Trump ahead of the 2024 Republican presidential primary, which may in
>> turn help President Joe Biden, who he argued would rather face Trump in the
>> election instead of Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL).
>

> Because Biden and his party view Latinos and blacks as "bought votes."

More horseshit.

Re: Piers Morgan: FBI Raid Boosts Trump Which In Turn Helps Biden, Who Doesn't Want To Face DeSantis

<tdnr3r$1ep5a$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152788&group=rec.arts.tv#152788

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tdin2k$a3$1@reader2.panix.com>, dannyb@panix.com wrote:
> In <tdij65$e5r9$4@dont-email.me> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:

>>>One of them would have to move away from Florida. Or at least do a
>>>change of residency scheme like Texans Bush and Cheney did back in 2000.
>
>>What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports are you babbling about?
>
>THere's the widespread misbelief the Constitution prohibits
>the Pres and VP being from the same state.
>
>The confusion comes from the following line:
>
>"The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by
>ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an
>inhabitant of the same state with themselves."
>
>In other words, if both the Pres and VP candidates were
>from Florida, the electors from there could cast their
>ballots for just one of them. WHich, with Florida's numbers,
>might be enough to notice. (Ditto Texas in 2000).
>
>However, the electors in the otehr 49 states and DC could,
>indeed, cast their ballots for both Floridians.

Thanks! I think I heard about that once but had since forgotten.

--
Let's go Brandon!