From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Illegal gun, used illegally. Hurts someone, What sentence?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:09:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:09 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>Perfect time to send a message about illegally-obtained firearms used in
>a crime. Watch the LIBERAL judge slap this guy's wrist. No wonder
>crime using
>guns is rampant.

>https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62588604

A$AP Rocky: US rapper pleads not guilty to firearm charges
BBC News
8/18/2022

As always, none of the conclusions Rich lept to were based on anything
he read in the article, if he read it at all

We don't know if the judge is soft on crime. We do know she approved a
restraining order but didn't require the alleged shooter to surrender
all weapons to police.

The alleged shooter shot toward the victim twice, but not directly at
the victim. The victim was struck with fragments though.

The victim claims he was lured to the location. The shooting was
therefore premeditated. Is that a separate crime to charge, or just an
enhancement in the sentence, assuming the prosecutor takes this
seriously which I suppose he won't.

The alleged shooter had already been given a suspended sentence for a
role in a brawl in Stockton in 2019. What I want to know is if the
suspended sentence, say four years, was still in place at the time of
this incident? Doesn't the suspended sentence require the criminal to
not commit crimes, otherwise the suspended sentence gets revisited, or
is that not part of criminal law? Is a suspended sentence a final
judgement that cannot be reopened in light of future bad behavior?

It's too early to pronounce sentence, Rich, as this hasn't gone to
trial.