arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directitrotsky
`* Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directidanny burstein
 +* Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directiAdam H. Kerman
 |+* Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directiIan J. Ball
 ||`- Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directiAdam H. Kerman
 |`* News Nation, was: CNN fires Brian Stetler...danny burstein
 | `- Re: News NationAdam H. Kerman
 `- Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in directitrotsky

1
Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<170cb501bdb1b001$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152774&group=rec.arts.tv#152774

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:29:35 -0500
Subject: Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:29 UTC

On 8/18/2022 7:51 PM, RichA wrote:
> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/news/inside-brian-stelter-s-ouster-and-cnn-s-new-direction-analysis/ar-AA10OCeI?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=15ec85d23f944806edb36e0196d7fc6d

Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
of both worlds.

Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<tdnuil$o6j$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152800&group=rec.arts.tv#152800

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:09:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:09 UTC

In <170cb501bdb1b001$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:

>On 8/18/2022 7:51 PM, RichA wrote:
>> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/news/inside-brian-stelter-s-ouster-and-cnn-s-new-direction-analysis/ar-AA10OCeI?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=15ec85d23f944806edb36e0196d7fc6d
>>

>Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
>Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
>of both worlds.

Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
out of WGN Chicago

dannyb@panix.com

Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<tdo669$1gtl4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152805&group=rec.arts.tv#152805

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:19:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:19 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:
>>On 8/18/2022 7:51 PM, RichA wrote:

>>>https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/news/inside-brian-stelter-s-ouster-and-cnn-s-new-direction-analysis/ar-AA10OCeI?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=15ec85d23f944806edb36e0196d7fc6d

>>Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
>>Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
>>of both worlds.

>Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
>out of WGN Chicago

You are correct. Newsmax is an unrelated entity.

There is no more Trib Broadcasting. Nexstar bought the broadcast
licenses. NewsNation uses a studio at WGN that had been the studio for
the 24 hour local news broadcast fed by satellite uplink to local cable
operators that was oddly never put on a digital broadcast substation.

Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<tdo734$1h9sf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152809&group=rec.arts.tv#152809

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 07:35:16 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:35 UTC

On 2022-08-19 14:19:53 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:

>>> Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
>>> Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
>>> of both worlds.
>
>> Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
>> out of WGN Chicago
>
> You are correct. Newsmax is an unrelated entity.

So, Trotsky is RONG, for like the zillionth time?!!

> There is no more Trib Broadcasting. Nexstar bought the broadcast
> licenses. NewsNation uses a studio at WGN that had been the studio for
> the 24 hour local news broadcast fed by satellite uplink to local cable
> operators that was oddly never put on a digital broadcast substation.

Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<tdoin2$1j4e4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152824&group=rec.arts.tv#152824

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:53:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:53 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2022-08-19 14:19:53 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>>Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
>>>out of WGN Chicago

>>You are correct. Newsmax is an unrelated entity.

>So, Trotsky is RONG, for like the zillionth time?!!

No, trots made the misstatement deliberately. It wasn't an error. I
accuse trots of saying "Newsmax" willfully and deliberately, lying in
support of his constant complaints about perpetuation of lies by right-wing
biased media.

>>There is no more Trib Broadcasting. Nexstar bought the broadcast
>>licenses. NewsNation uses a studio at WGN that had been the studio for
>>the 24 hour local news broadcast fed by satellite uplink to local cable
>>operators that was oddly never put on a digital broadcast substation.

News Nation, was: CNN fires Brian Stetler...

<tdorcn$49a$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152852&group=rec.arts.tv#152852

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News Nation, was: CNN fires Brian Stetler...
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:21:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:21 UTC

In <tdo669$1gtl4$2@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:
[snip]

>>>Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
>>>Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
>>>of both worlds.

>>Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
>>out of WGN Chicago

>You are correct. Newsmax is an unrelated entity.

>There is no more Trib Broadcasting. Nexstar bought the broadcast
>licenses. NewsNation uses a studio at WGN that had been the studio for
>the 24 hour local news broadcast fed by satellite uplink to local cable
>operators that was oddly never put on a digital broadcast substation.

There's a BIG advantage in not feeding an "over the air" broadcast
in regards to just about *NO* FCC oversight.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: News Nation

<tdotke$1kbqv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152853&group=rec.arts.tv#152853

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News Nation
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:59:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:59 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> writes:
>>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>>trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:

>[snip]

>>>Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
>>>out of WGN Chicago

>>You are correct. Newsmax is an unrelated entity.

>>There is no more Trib Broadcasting. Nexstar bought the broadcast
>>licenses. NewsNation uses a studio at WGN that had been the studio for
>>the 24 hour local news broadcast fed by satellite uplink to local cable
>>operators that was oddly never put on a digital broadcast substation.

>There's a BIG advantage in not feeding an "over the air" broadcast
>in regards to just about *NO* FCC oversight.

That was hardly the issue. The local news channel goes back to analog
broadcast days and I'm sure the feed started off as video via the telephone
network for a less than ideal picture.

Re: CNN fires Brian Stetler. Is there hope for a philosophical change in direction??

<170cdea580625a74$3$573844$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152860&group=rec.arts.tv#152860

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:12:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 22:12 UTC

On 8/19/2022 7:09 AM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <170cb501bdb1b001$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> writes:
>
>> On 8/18/2022 7:51 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/news/inside-brian-stelter-s-ouster-and-cnn-s-new-direction-analysis/ar-AA10OCeI?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=15ec85d23f944806edb36e0196d7fc6d
>>>

>> Why are you concerned with CNN? Why aren't you watching Fox and
>> Newsmax. Hell, Chris Cuomo is on Newsmax now so you can have the best
>> of both worlds.
>
> Cuomo's on "News Nation", that national news "network" originating
> out of WGN Chicago

I hadn't even heard of that, thanks for the correction.