arts / rec.arts.tv / August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

SubjectAuthor
* August 20-26: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the weekYour Name
|`* Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
| `- Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the weekanim8rfsk
+- Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the weekA Friend
+- Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming forEd Stasiak
+- Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
`- Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programminArthur Lipscomb

1
August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<1619915961.682660395.403194.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152911&group=rec.arts.tv#152911

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: August 20-26: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:57:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 03:57 UTC

August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

Saturday, August 20

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Revenge of Scar (movie) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

The final battle for the future has begun. The legend concludes with these
two films, forming a "complete version" telling the story up until the end
of the original manga. Ed and Al visit Central, where a serial murderer is
targeting State Alchemists. While the identity of the criminal is unknown,
he is called "Scar" because of the X-shaped scar on his forehead. When the
brothers are targeted as well, they fight Scar. In the face of overwhelming
strength, Ed's Automail is destroyed and their lives hang by a thread. Will
the brothers be able to overcome this crisis and restore Al's original
body? Hidden state secrets, the "Promised Day," and the past of Ed and Al's
father ­ layers upon layers of mysteries and truths come unraveled as this
story heads to an epic finale. What is the final answer the brothers
give...? Japanese film.

By "these two films," the description apparently refers to this film and
"Fullmetal Alchemist: The Final Alchemy"
[https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18671660/], scheduled for release on Netflix
on Sept. 24.

Sequel to Fullmetal Alchemist (2017)
[https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607028/].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqj4u6eyDq8

https://www.netflix.com/title/81266975

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18671386/

Temptation Under the Sun (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

While vacationing on an exotic island Detective Cassady Cruz begins a
torrid affair with charming expat Travis King, but when his ex-girlfriend
Minnie winds up dead, he is accused of her murder. Knowing he’s innocent,
Cassady dives into exposing the real killer and clearing his name, but the
more she digs for evidence the more buried secrets she finds and the
further she’s lured into a deadly trap where only Travis can save her.
Stars Annika Foster and Mike Markoff.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/temptation-under-the-sun

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19490502/

Dating the Delaneys (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Three generations of Delaney women explore the highs and lows of modern-day
dating, learning that love and romance can be found at any age…and
sometimes where you least expect it. Stars Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/dating-the-delaneys

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20859028/

Sunday, August 21

The Engagement Plot (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

After getting her heart broken on The Price of Love, a wildly popular
dating reality show that matches 20-something female contestants with a
young, financially successful bachelor, teacher Hanna Knight has returned
to her small-town Colorado life and moved on to better things. Stars Rachel
Boston (for the second consecutive night) and Trevor Donovan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16043214/

https://uptv.com/movies/the-engagement-plot/

Big Lies in a Small Town (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Young mother Rachel frantically searches for her teen daughter Hannah after
their car crashes outside of a small town in the middle of nowhere and her
daughter goes missing. People die mysteriously in Rachel’s wake as she gets
closer to finding out that the small-town doctor kidnapped her daughter. He
and his wife never got over the tragic loss of their teen daughter and it
turns out that Hannah is the perfect surrogate to take her place. Rachel
desperately needs to find and rescue her daughter before she is forced to
play this role for the rest of her life! Stars Rhonda Dent and Kristina
Paras.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/big-lies-in-a-small-town

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20873622/

Groundswell (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

On the heels of a personal and professional setback, Chef Emma travels to
Hawaii where she meets Ben, a handsome, reclusive surf instructor whose
lessons help her to regain her footing. Stars Lacey Chabert and Ektor
Rivera.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/groundswell

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20562474/

Never Would Have Made It: The Marvin Sapp Story (movie) (9 pm,
TV One)

The Marvin Sapp biopic chronicles the prominent gospel music artist and
preacher's Michigan upbringing, battle against teenage alcohol abuse, love
for MaLinda Prince, rise in the music industry and growth in his faith.
Sapp came into prominence more than 30 years ago as a member of
Commissioned and is widely known for his award-winning, chart-topping
crossover hit "Never Would Have Made It." Currently, he is an author, radio
show host and senior pastor of The Chosen Vessel Cathedral in Dallas, Texas
and pastor emeritus of Lighthouse Full Life Center in Grand Rapids,
Michigan - the church he founded with his late wife.
Stars Chaz Lamar Shepherd as Marvin Sapp and Ambre Anderson as MaLinda
Prince Sapp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Obw-FdHQM

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21374810/

https://tvone.tv/show/never-would-have-made-it/

House of the Dragon [new] (9 pm, HBO)

Arriving just two weeks before Amazon's rival big-budget fantasy series
comes HBO's first Game of Thrones spinoff. It's a prequel set in Westeros
two centuries before the events of Thrones that will trace the downfall of
the House Targaryen (eventually including the Targaryen civil war, which
earns the name "the Dance of the Dragons"). Co-created by author George
R.R. Martin (and adapted from his 2018 novel Fire & Blood) and Ryan Condal
(Colony), and produced and directed (in part) by veteran GoT helmer Miguel
Sapochnik, the 10-episode first season stars Paddy Considine, Emma D'Arcy,
Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Rhys Ifans, Eve Best, and Fabien Frankel. At
least one additional GoT spinoff is currently in development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotnJ7tTA34

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11198330/

https://www.hbo.com/house-of-the-dragon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Dragon

United Shades of America (season 7 finale) (10 pm, CNN)

Flatbush Misdemeanors (season 2 finale) (11 pm, Showtime)

Monday, August 22

Anne [new to US; complete miniseries] (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

Anne Williams (Maxine Peake) worked for 24 years to prove the death of her
15-year-old-son Kevin at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final wasn't accidental but
due to gross negligence by emergency services and faulty designs of the
stadium in this miniseries based on real events. Four episodes.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/anne-2022/season-1 [score 85]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9252090/

TMZ Investigates: What Really Happened to Richard Simmons (special)
(8-9 pm, Fox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R10xdRqdR4

Kevin Can F**k Himself (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, AMC)

8 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L96ZOolU3k

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/kevin-can-fk-himself/season-2

Tuesday, August 23

Chad & JT Go Deep [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Comedic activists/pranksters Chad Kroeger and JT Parr make their TV debut
with a new series produced by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. It looks
like a further expansion of a formula previously established through a
series of YouTube videos and the Going Deep podcast, though it will feature
an ongoing storyline that finds the duo trying to work their way back from
being cancelled after a prank gone wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5eLsh0DGc

https://www.netflix.com/title/81087423

Untold: The Rise and Fall of AND1 (documentary) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81026440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3M2_pV-SGY

Cinderella: The Reunion (special) (8 pm, ABC)

Original cast members Brandy and Whoopi Goldberg, plus Billy Porter,
Todrick Hall, Jade Jones and more, reflect on the impact of the film.
Following the news special, The Wonderful World of Disney will air "Rodgers
& Hammerstein's Cinderella" for the first time on broadcast television in
more than two decades.

Motherland: Fort Salem (season 3 and series finale) (10 pm,
Freeform)

Wednesday, August 24

Streaming:

Mo [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Comedian Mo Amer, who has appeared in Hulu's Ramy, stars as a Palestinian
refugee now living in Houston with his mother and two siblings in a comedy
series that he co-created with Ramy's Ramy Youssef. Eight episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtohea4CFbE

https://www.netflix.com/title/81134264

Queer Eye: Brazil [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Brazil’s Fab Five use their knowledge of well-being, style, grooming,
design and culture to transform everyday heroes’ lives in this uplifting
series. Brazilian series.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<tdpu0s$upp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152924&group=rec.arts.tv#152924

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_August_20-26:_Robin?s_selected_programming_for_the_week
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:12:44 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 06:12 UTC

On 2022-08-20 03:57:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> See (final season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> The stakes have never been higher for Baba Voss (Jason Momoa) and his
> tribe, as a new form of warfare threatens to destroy the world as they know
> it. Eight episodes released weekly.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2idzg4dBWU

to "celebrate" Apple is releasing season 1 for free on Apple TV+ until
August 29.

<https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/08/20/first-season-of-see-available-for-free-on-apple-tv-ahead-of-season-3-premiere>

Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<200820220706059458%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152944&group=rec.arts.tv#152944

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:06:05 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:06 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Dating the Delaneys (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three generations of Delaney women explore the highs and lows of modern-day
> dating, learning that love and romance can be found at any ageŠand
> sometimes where you least expect it. Stars Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/dating-the-delaneys
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20859028/

I'm going to watch this. I grew up Irish Catholic but never dated any.

Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<8b582798-ecf6-4c41-91ac-9cde7bfe7242n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152951&group=rec.arts.tv#152951

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 06:13:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_August_20-26:_Robin’s_selected_programming_for
_the_week
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 13:13 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> House of the Dragon [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Arriving just two weeks before Amazon's rival big-budget fantasy series (Lord of the Rings)

This is going to be so bad.

> comes HBO's first Game of Thrones spinoff. It's a prequel set in Westeros
> two centuries before the events of Thrones that will trace the downfall of
> the House Targaryen (eventually including the Targaryen civil war, which
> earns the name "the Dance of the Dragons"). Co-created by author George
> R.R. Martin (and adapted from his 2018 novel Fire & Blood) and Ryan Condal
> (Colony), and produced and directed (in part) by veteran GoT helmer Miguel
> Sapochnik, the 10-episode first season stars Paddy Considine, Emma D'Arcy,
> Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Rhys Ifans, Eve Best, and Fabien Frankel. At
> least one additional GoT spinoff is currently in development.

This will be worse.

> Science guy Bill Nye

https://i.postimg.cc/N07Pg2hn/Bill-Nye.png

Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<1470952156.682700263.585206.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152977&group=rec.arts.tv#152977

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 08:22:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 15:22 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, August 20

> Sunday, August 21

> Monday, August 22

> Tuesday, August 23
>

> Cinderella: The Reunion (special) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Original cast members Brandy and Whoopi Goldberg, plus Billy Porter,
> Todrick Hall, Jade Jones and more, reflect on the impact of the film.

It made everything worse.

> Following the news special, The Wonderful World of Disney will air "Rodgers
> & Hammerstein's Cinderella" for the first time on broadcast television in
> more than two decades.

> Wednesday, August 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, August 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> The End Is Nye [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> Science guy Bill Nye hosts a look at potential planet-wide natural
> disasters—and how we can survive them. The series comes from Nye along with
> Star Trek: Enterprise co-creator Brannon Braga and Star Trek fan Seth
> MacFarlane. All six episodes stream today. Also available on Syfy; see
> below.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-AqkVpTrc
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The End Is Nye [new] (10 pm, Syfy)
>
> The six episodes air on consecutive nights through Tuesday, August 30. See
> Peacock, above, for a series description.

(Weeping in background)

> Friday, August 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<tdqup3$1vknr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152984&group=rec.arts.tv#152984

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 08:31:47 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 15:31 UTC

On 2022-08-20 06:12:44 +0000, Your Name said:

> On 2022-08-20 03:57:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>> See (final season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> The stakes have never been higher for Baba Voss (Jason Momoa) and his
>> tribe, as a new form of warfare threatens to destroy the world as they know
>> it. Eight episodes released weekly.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2idzg4dBWU
>
> to "celebrate" Apple is releasing season 1 for free on Apple TV+ until
> August 29.
>
> <https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/08/20/first-season-of-see-available-for-free-on-apple-tv-ahead-of-season-3-premiere>

"See" is another show on my "list" that I still haven't managed to get to...

Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tdr00l$1vvsj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152989&group=rec.arts.tv#152989

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 08:52:53 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 15:52 UTC

On 2022-08-20 03:57:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, August 20
>

> Temptation Under the Sun (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> While vacationing on an exotic island Detective Cassady Cruz begins a
> torrid affair with charming expat Travis King, but when his ex-girlfriend
> Minnie winds up dead, he is accused of her murder. Knowing he’s innocent,
> Cassady dives into exposing the real killer and clearing his name, but the
> more she digs for evidence the more buried secrets she finds and the
> further she’s lured into a deadly trap where only Travis can save her.
> Stars Annika Foster and Mike Markoff.

I like Annika Foster, so sure. Though, honestly, I'm not sure I would
have cast her in this role - Foster wouldn't be my choice to headline
an "erotic thriller". YMMV...

> Dating the Delaneys (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three generations of Delaney women explore the highs and lows of modern-day
> dating, learning that love and romance can be found at any age…and
> sometimes where you least expect it. Stars Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell.

I'm not much of a fan of Boston, so, no.

> Sunday, August 21
>

> The Engagement Plot (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> After getting her heart broken on The Price of Love, a wildly popular
> dating reality show that matches 20-something female contestants with a
> young, financially successful bachelor, teacher Hanna Knight has returned
> to her small-town Colorado life and moved on to better things. Stars Rachel
> Boston (for the second consecutive night) and Trevor Donovan.

Again, no.

> Big Lies in a Small Town (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Young mother Rachel frantically searches for her teen daughter Hannah after
> their car crashes outside of a small town in the middle of nowhere and her
> daughter goes missing. People die mysteriously in Rachel’s wake as she gets
> closer to finding out that the small-town doctor kidnapped her daughter. He
> and his wife never got over the tragic loss of their teen daughter and it
> turns out that Hannah is the perfect surrogate to take her place. Rachel
> desperately needs to find and rescue her daughter before she is forced to
> play this role for the rest of her life! Stars Rhonda Dent and Kristina
> Paras.

OK, I know Dent, apparently, and yeah, sure - I'll watch. But this is
pretty well-trod (over-trod?...) ground for Lifetime.

> Groundswell (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> On the heels of a personal and professional setback, Chef Emma travels to
> Hawaii where she meets Ben, a handsome, reclusive surf instructor whose
> lessons help her to regain her footing. Stars Lacey Chabert and Ektor
> Rivera.

No!

> House of the Dragon [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Arriving just two weeks before Amazon's rival big-budget fantasy series
> comes HBO's first Game of Thrones spinoff. It's a prequel set in Westeros
> two centuries before the events of Thrones that will trace the downfall of
> the House Targaryen (eventually including the Targaryen civil war, which
> earns the name "the Dance of the Dragons"). Co-created by author George
> R.R. Martin (and adapted from his 2018 novel Fire & Blood) and Ryan Condal
> (Colony), and produced and directed (in part) by veteran GoT helmer Miguel
> Sapochnik, the 10-episode first season stars Paddy Considine, Emma D'Arcy,
> Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Rhys Ifans, Eve Best, and Fabien Frankel. At
> least one additional GoT spinoff is currently in development.

So, I'm in a real pickle with this one - Do I try to watch it weekly?
Or do I do what I do with shows like "Westworld" and "The Boys", and
wait for all the episodes to drop before "binging" it?

I think this time I am going to try the former, though I'm probably
going to regret it... :|

> Monday, August 22
>

> Kevin Can F**k Himself (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, AMC)
>
> 8 episodes.

Isn't this "final season 2"?! I could have sworn someone like Deadline
reported months ago that they were going to wrap this show up with
season #2.

As it is, I want to say that Annie Murray has already moved on to
another show...

> Tuesday, August 23
>

> Motherland: Fort Salem (season 3 and series finale) (10 pm,
> Freeform)

I will still miss this one, despite them badly bungling this final
season #3... :(

> Thursday, August 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> Mike [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Trevante Rhodes (Moonlight) stars as heavyweight champion boxer Mike Tyson
> in a controversial eight-episode biographical miniseries from the I, Tonya
> team of writer Steven Rogers and director Craig Gillespie. Why is it
> controversial? Mainly because Tyson himself (who did not participate in the
> production in any way) has spoken out against it, calling the series
> "tone-deaf." The cast also includes Russell Hornsby (as promoter Don King),
> Harvey Keitel (as Tyson's coach Cus D'Amato), Laura Harrier (as actress
> Robin Givens, who was once married to Tyson), and Li Eubanks. Two episodes
> stream tonight, with the rest following once weekly.

I'm not sure I'm interested enough in the subject to watch this...

> That's Amor (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After her job and relationship implode on the same day, Sofia [Riley Dandy]

That cannot be a real name!!

> starts from scratch and meets a dashing Spanish chef [Isaac Gonzalez Rossi]
> who might be her missing ingredient. U.S. film in Spanish and English.

Netflix channels Hallmark Channel again!!

> Friday, August 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Samaritan (movie) (12:01 am, Amazon Prime Video)
>
> A young boy learns that a superhero who was thought to have gone missing
> after an epic battle twenty years ago may in fact still be around.
> Sylvester Stallone stars in an Amazon-exclusive movie (once planned for a
> theatrical release) that is based on an original story, though the
> screenplay has already been adapted into a series of comics. Martin Starr,
> Javon Walton, Dascha Polanco, and Pilou Asbæk also star for director Julius
> Avery (Overlord).

Sure, I guess...

> Loving Adults [Kærlighed for voksne] (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> What happens to a marriage when the love of your life becomes your worst
> enemy? Loving Adults is a dark and twisted, yet sexy take on a love
> triangle that you don’t want to be in. Danish film.

Say what?!!

> Me Time (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> When a stay-at-home dad finds himself with some “me time” for the first
> time in years while his wife and kids are away, he reconnects with his
> former best friend for a wild weekend that nearly upends his life. Stars
> Kevin Hart, Mark Wahlberg and Regina Hall.

Another: "Probably. Yeah, sure."

> Partner Track [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Centers on Ingrid Yun [Arden Cho], an idealistic young lawyer, struggles
> with her moral compass and her passions as she fights to climb the partner
> track at an elite New York City law firm. Based on the acclaimed novel by
> Helen Wan; 10 episodes.

Arden Cho is still around!!
But I'm not interested in this series...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Dying for a Family (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Life with the latest foster family seems good for teenage siblings Darcie
> and Hannah. But when Hannah disappears without a trace, younger sister
> Darcie must solve the mystery--and save the family from dark truths that
> threaten to destroy everything. Maddy Hillis, Corina Akeson, Jay Hindle,
> and Alaska Leigh star.

FTR, Maddy Hillis used to be credited as Madelyn Grace in some previous
projects...

Anyway, sure, though Hillis is the only person in the cast that I'm
somewhat familiar with.

> (end)

Re: August 20-26: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<1111525028.682703618.366222.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152993&group=rec.arts.tv#152993

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:27:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:27 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-08-20 06:12:44 +0000, Your Name said:
>
>> On 2022-08-20 03:57:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>>
>>> See (final season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>>
>>> The stakes have never been higher for Baba Voss (Jason Momoa) and his
>>> tribe, as a new form of warfare threatens to destroy the world as they know
>>> it. Eight episodes released weekly.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2idzg4dBWU
>>
>> to "celebrate" Apple is releasing season 1 for free on Apple TV+ until
>> August 29.
>>
>> <https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/08/20/first-season-of-see-available-for-free-on-apple-tv-ahead-of-season-3-premiere>
>>

> "See" is another show on my "list" that I still haven't managed to get to...

Apple prime plus pudding doesn’t work anyway.

Re: August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tdr4ce$212t6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153007&group=rec.arts.tv#153007

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_August_20-26:_Robin’s_selected_programmin
g_for_the_week
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:07:23 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 17:07 UTC

On 8/19/2022 8:57 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> August 20-26: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, August 20
>

> Fullmetal Alchemist: The Revenge of Scar (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> The final battle for the future has begun. The legend concludes with these
> two films, forming a "complete version" telling the story up until the end
> of the original manga. Ed and Al visit Central, where a serial murderer is
> targeting State Alchemists. While the identity of the criminal is unknown,
> he is called "Scar" because of the X-shaped scar on his forehead. When the
> brothers are targeted as well, they fight Scar. In the face of overwhelming
> strength, Ed's Automail is destroyed and their lives hang by a thread. Will
> the brothers be able to overcome this crisis and restore Al's original
> body? Hidden state secrets, the "Promised Day," and the past of Ed and Al's
> father ­ layers upon layers of mysteries and truths come unraveled as this
> story heads to an epic finale. What is the final answer the brothers
> give...? Japanese film.
>
> By "these two films," the description apparently refers to this film and
> "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Final Alchemy"
> [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18671660/], scheduled for release on Netflix
> on Sept. 24.
>
> Sequel to Fullmetal Alchemist (2017)
> [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607028/].
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqj4u6eyDq8
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81266975
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18671386/

I think I'll wait until the end of September and watch all three. I saw
the first movie when it first came out in 2017 and liked it. I only
vaguely remember it so I'll have to rewatch it before watching the two
sequels. I wasn't sure at first if these are proper sequels or a
reboot, but the same actor plays the lead in all three movies so it must
be a continuation of the same 2017 story.

> Cinderella: The Reunion (special) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Original cast members Brandy and Whoopi Goldberg, plus Billy Porter,
> Todrick Hall, Jade Jones and more, reflect on the impact of the film.
> Following the news special, The Wonderful World of Disney will air "Rodgers
> & Hammerstein's Cinderella" for the first time on broadcast television in
> more than two decades.

I think I'll record this, let it sit on my DVR for a while, then delete
it unwatched.

> Star Trek: Lower Decks (season 3) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> 10 episodes released weekly; already renewed for season 4.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEFo6k3V5c

Nice!

Thanks!