Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Laughably Terrible": Twitter Mocks Clip Of "She-Hulk" Complaining About Being "Cat-Called"
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:21:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 00:21 UTC

A TikTok clip from the new Marvel series �She-Hulk: Attorney At Law� is
not having the intended effect on viewers. While IMDb was trying to
sell the pro-feminism message of Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany),
many fans rebelled against the concept.

The IMDb Twitter account posted the clip along with the caption,
�*Ahem* Say it louder for the people in the back.�

In the short scene, Walters confronts Hulk and complains about being
oppressed 24/7.

*Ahem* ?? Say it louder for the people in the back ??
#SheHulk #TatianaMaslany pic.twitter.com/EWd57xbehr

� IMDb (@IMDb) August 18, 2022

�Here�s the thing Bruce, I�m great at controlling my anger. I do it all
the time,� Walters says. �When I�m cat-called in the street. When
incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty
much every day because if I don�t, I will get called emotional or
difficult or might just literally get murdered.�

�So I�m an expert at controlling my anger,� she says, getting
progressively louder. �Because I do it infinitely more than you!�

Marvel fans jumped all over the clip, pointing out how The Hulk, a.k.a.
Bruce Banner, had to control his anger in the face of much more serious
situations than what Walters was describing. For one thing, the
character was abused by his father as a child and watched him kill his
mother. Over the course of his life, Hulk also attempted suicide, got
sent to an alien planet, watched a friend die, and experienced multiple
other life-altering experiences all while trying to maintain composure.

�Imagine comparing Bruce�s trauma of an abusive father forming the hulk
alter ego to getting catcalled #SheHulk is actually laughably
terrible,� one fan wrote.

�Hulk: The woman I loved died saving the planet and I wasn�t there to
protect her,� another Twitter user quipped. �She-Hulk: I get catcalled
sometimes.�

�Apparently just being a woman is more difficult than living in fear
for years on the fringes of society because you know that even the
slightest hint of anger could transform you into an unstoppable killing
machine �� another person shared.

The show has been getting mixed reviews following the release of
episode one.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Laughably Terrible": Twitter Mocks Clip Of "She-Hulk" Complaining About Being "Cat-Called"

<atropos-06E010.19405019082022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152903&group=rec.arts.tv#152903

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:40:50 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 02:40 UTC

In article <h8CdnYrYXJUbtZ3-nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> A TikTok clip from the new Marvel series SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW is
> not having the intended effect on viewers. While IMDb was trying to
> sell the pro-feminism message of Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany),
> many fans rebelled against the concept.
>
> The IMDb Twitter account posted the clip along with the caption,
> "*Ahem* Say it louder for the people in the back."
>
> In the short scene, Walters confronts Hulk and complains about being
> oppressed 24/7.

> "Here's the thing, Bruce, I'm great at controlling my anger. I do it
> all the time," Walters says. "When I'm cat-called in the street. When
> incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty
> much every day because if I don't, I will get called emotional or
> difficult or might just literally get murdered. So I'm an expert at
> controlling my anger because I do it infinitely more than you!"
>
> Marvel fans jumped all over the clip, pointing out how The Hulk, a.k.a.
> Bruce Banner, had to control his anger in the face of much more serious
> situations than what Walters was describing. For one thing, the
> character was abused by his father as a child and watched him kill his
> mother. Over the course of his life, Hulk also attempted suicide, got
> sent to an alien planet, watched a friend die, and experienced multiple
> other life-altering experiences all while trying to maintain composure.
>
> "Imagine comparing Bruce's trauma of an abusive father forming the hulk
> alter ego to getting catcalled #SheHulk is actually laughably
> terrible," one fan wrote.
>
> "Hulk: The woman I loved died saving the planet and I wasn't there to
> protect her," another Twitter user quipped. "She-Hulk: I get catcalled
> sometimes."
>
> "Apparently just being a woman is more difficult than living in fear
> for years on the fringes of society because you know that even the
> slightest hint of anger could transform you into an unstoppable killing
> machine..." another person shared.

Yeah, that was the cringiest moment of the episode. I mean, I knew were
obligated to receive a woke lecture at some point, but that was really
bad.

Re: "Laughably Terrible": Twitter Mocks Clip Of "She-Hulk" Complaining About Being "Cat-Called"

<6b5c85dd-13cc-493c-bc01-b681e4fc0316n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152910&group=rec.arts.tv#152910

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Laughably Terrible": Twitter Mocks Clip Of "She-Hulk"
Complaining About Being "Cat-Called"
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 03:55 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> Marvel fans jumped all over the clip, pointing out how The Hulk, a.k.a.
> Bruce Banner, had to control his anger in the face of much more serious
> situations than what Walters was describing. For one thing, the
> character was abused by his father as a child and watched him kill his
> mother. Over the course of his life, Hulk also attempted suicide, got
> sent to an alien planet, watched a friend die, and experienced multiple
> other life-altering experiences all while trying to maintain composure.

https://i.postimg.cc/yNLN4Y9V/1582942619336.jpg

Re: "Laughably Terrible": Twitter Mocks Clip Of "She-Hulk" Complaining About Being "Cat-Called"

<eb41ghd2h5cp07llq52elg37bvjiorg976@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152931&group=rec.arts.tv#152931

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 03:48:22 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:48 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:55:41 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
<edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> Marvel fans jumped all over the clip, pointing out how The Hulk, a.k.a.
>> Bruce Banner, had to control his anger in the face of much more serious
>> situations than what Walters was describing. For one thing, the
>> character was abused by his father as a child and watched him kill his
>> mother. Over the course of his life, Hulk also attempted suicide, got
>> sent to an alien planet, watched a friend die, and experienced multiple
>> other life-altering experiences all while trying to maintain composure.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/yNLN4Y9V/1582942619336.jpg

There is a point there. It's the same as with the victim of suicide as
the person in question is dead so their suffering is over. The people
left behind that cared for them are the ones that will suffer the
consequences of their loss of life.