arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

SubjectAuthor
* August 13-19: Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: August 13-19: Robin’s SelectedIan J. Ball
|`- Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programminRhino
+* Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the weekA Friend
| `- Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming forEd Stasiak
`- Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball

1
August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<314327977.682009728.258389.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151786&group=rec.arts.tv#151786

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:13:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:13 UTC

August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

Saturday, August 13

Are You Afraid of the Dark? (season 3 finale) (7 pm,
Nickelodeon)

In Love With My Partner's Wife (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When detective Paul Ford discovers that his partner Frank is abusing his
wife Eve, Paul steps in to rescue her, but a vengeful Frank frames him for
a murder. With Paul on the run from his fellow officers and Eve on the run
from her husband, the two find themselves escaping into a heated love
affair. Gina Vitori, Andrew Spach, and Jonathan Stoddard star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/in-love-with-my-partners-wife

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21427998/

Romance in Style (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Ella's unique designs inspire publishing mogul Derek to include plus-sized
fashion in his magazine. Soon, Derek begins to realize that Ella's
influence reaches far beyond the catwalk. Stars Jaicy Elliot, Benjamin
Hollingsworth and Candice Huffine. Not on IMDb.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/romance-in-style

The Princess (documentary) (8 pm, HBO)

Constructed entirely out of archival footage, Ed Perkins' documentary
retraces the life of Princess Diana. The film, which first debuted at
Sundance early this year to mostly positive reviews, arrives on HBO and HBO
Max today on the 25th anniversary of Diana's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PisHN6iFq-U

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-princess [score 68]

South Park: The 25th Anniversary Concert (special) (10-11
pm, Comedy Central)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HH1rBRVrDI

Sunday, August 14

Who Do You Think You Are? (season 11 finale) (7 pm, NBC)

Love, Game, Match (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When econ teacher Liz (Cristine Prosperi) takes a position at Faraday High,
she volunteers to organize Carnival Day. She's paired up with tennis coach
Ted (Dale Moss) and, although they initially have trouble seeing eye to eye
on most things, sparks fly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14490594/ [as "Putting Love to the Test"]

https://uptv.com/movies/love-game-match/

Sister with a Secret (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

After a teenage girl goes missing, her family must figure out her secrets
in order to find out the kidnapper’s identity and motive. As more evidence
is revealed and a police investigation commences, the truth repeatedly
distorts, leading to a shocking reveal. Kelly Sullivan, Mark Famiglietti,
Grace Narducci, and Taylor Foster star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/sister-with-a-secret

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15319164/ [as "My Missing Sister"]

Chesapeake Shores (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Hallmark
Channel)

The Journey Ahead (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

A famous Hollywood actress and a young wilderness expert drive from Los
Angeles to New York. Along the way both women learn they can't run from
their past to create the future they want. Stars Holly Robinson Peete,
Kaylee Bryant and Mark Humphrey.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/the-journey-ahead

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21204266/

Tales of the Walking Dead [new] (9 pm, AMC)

The latest Walking Dead spinoff series is an episodic anthology featuring
six stand-alone, hour-long episodes set in the same universe but varying in
tone. Each episode features a different cast and characters (though there
will be some returning faces from the prior series), and actors slated to
appear this season include Anthony Edwards, Terry Crews, Olivia Munn,
Samantha Morton, Poppy Liu, Jessie T. Usher, Parker Posey, Embeth Davidtz,
and Jillian Bell. AMC+ subscribers can stream two episodes tonight (and
will get the remaining episodes one week early).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bgMHDAmyw

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/tales-of-the-walking-dead/season-1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15669534/

Power Book III: Raising Kanan (season 2 premiere) (9 pm,
Starz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOGhNolhf8

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11761176/

Grantchester (season 7 finale) (9 pm, PBS)

Patagonia: Life on the Edge of the World (limited series finale)
(9 pm, CNN)

Westworld (season 4 finale) (9 pm, HBO)

The Anarchists (documentary series finale) (10 pm, HBO)

Bridge and Tunnel (season 2 finale) (10 pm, Epix)

COBRA (season 2 finale) (10 pm, PBS)

P-Valley (season 2 finale) (10 pm, Starz)

Monday, August 15

Legacy: The True Story of the L.A. Lakers [new; documentary
miniseries] (12:01 am, Hulu)

One common complaint heard about Adam McKay's recent HBO dramedy series
about the Showtime-era Los Angeles Lakers? It played fast and loose with
the facts. That shouldn't be a problem with Antoine Fuqua's new 10-part
docuseries covering the same period of time in Lakers history—as well as
the franchise's 21st century championship teams and the less successful
periods in between. While you shouldn't expect an overly critical
series—Lakers CEO Jeanie Buss is among the executive producers—Legacy will
dive into the recent Buss family feud following the death of patriarch and
then-controlling owner Jerry Buss. Expect plenty of new interviews with
members of the Lakers' 11 championship squads. The first two episodes
stream today, followed by weekly single-episode installments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYQ0AHBd2Yw

Better Call Saul (season 6 and series finale) (9 pm, AMC)

Tuesday, August 16

Hotties [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Hulu)

In this wild dating competition, 4 hot singles go on blind dates and battle
to cook up date-night worthy dishes. But, in order to keep cooking, they’ll
have to choke down extreme spicy food challenges! Will beating the heat
help them burn through first date facades to form a more authentic
connection…or will it all just be a hilarious hot mess? 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGJnutQYC4

Untold (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Four sports documentaries.

https://www.stylist.co.uk/entertainment/untold-the-girlfriend-who-didnt-exist-netflixs-latest-documentary-tells-the-story-of-a-catfishing-hoax/685172

Tim Dillon: A Real Hero (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Leonardo [new to US] (8 pm, CW)

In 1506, Leonardo da Vinci (Aidan Turner) recounts his life and career
under questioning by Stefano Giraldi (Freddie Highmore) in this drama
created by Frank Spotnitz and Steve Thompson. 8 episodes.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/leonardo/season-1 [score 45]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_(2021_TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7950706/

Devils (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

Season 2 of this international financial conspiracy thriller picks up
several year later with Massimo looking to partner up with China but
Dominic reappears to give a warning about it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7939218/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devils_(TV_series)

Dark Side of Comedy [new] (9 pm, Vice)

Comedians including Richard Pryor, Maria Bamford, Roseanne Barr, Andrew
Dice Clay, and Chris Farley are profiled in Vice's latest Dark Side
docuseries. Ten episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrzH4ykKwI

Wednesday, August 17

Streaming:

High Heat [Donde Hubo Fuego] [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

When clues to his brother's murder lead Poncho to a fire brigade, he joins
it to investigate further and finds romance, family... and a serial killer.
Mexican series; 10 episodes?

https://www.netflix.com/title/81397422

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17641200/

Junior Baking Show (complete season 6) (3:01 am, Netflix)

This is actually the sixth season of the Great British Baking Show spinoff
featuring contestants aged 9-12, but the first to stream in the US, so
Netflix designates it as "season 1."

https://www.netflix.com/title/81613670

Look Both Ways (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Lili Reinhart stars as Natalie, a young woman whose life diverges into two
different paths on the night of her college graduation. In one life, she
becomes pregnant and must navigate motherhood as a young adult in her
hometown and in the other she moves to LA to pursue her career. In both
journeys, Natalie experiences life-changing love, pursues her dream career
as an artist, and rediscovers herself. Danny Ramirez, David Corenswet,
Aisha Dee, Andrea Savage, Luke Wilson, and Nia Long also star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LOx5sD1okU

Click here to read the complete article
Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<td5tts$2holu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151787&group=rec.arts.tv#151787

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected
programming for the week
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:08:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:kXrQ84Ke/XRS9ZtvlS3FUmsAzBc=
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:08 UTC

Thanks for this!

(I might do details later…)

Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<td65mp$2iipo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151799&group=rec.arts.tv#151799

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_August_13-19:_Robin’s_Selected_programmin
g_for_the_week
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:21:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:21 UTC

On 2022-08-12 11:13 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81430236
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15022184/
>

> Unsuspicious [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Conned by the same playboy, three women and their families go to his
> mansion to get answers ­ and must stay for an investigation when he’s found
> dead. Brazilian series.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81227504
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15096920/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/video/vi251707929/ [trailer]
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Password (special night) (9 pm, NBC)
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Thursday, August 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Inside the Mind of a Cat (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Cat experts dive into the mind of the feline to reveal the true
> capabilities of the pouncing pet in this captivating and cuddly

I'll certainly watch that but I'm not expecting any big insights. Way
too many cat programs just assert what the meaning of any aspect of cat
behaviour is without offering an iota of proof.

> [...]
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyEL5m9A4k
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-undeclared-war/season-1 [score 62]
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7939800/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Undeclared_War
>

> When You Least Expect It [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Listed by Metacritic as a new foreign drama, but not listed by The Futon
> Critic. I have no idea what this might be.
>

> Blinded (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Sundance Now)
>
> Blinded is a series about a journalist who is investigating the man she
> loves. Business journalist Bea Farkas (Julia Ragnarsson, Midsommar) and
> businessman Peder Rooth (Martias Varela, Narcos) are two champions:
> ruthless but with bleeding hearts, each on opposite sides of the trench.
> They love and despise each other; help each other out and tear each other
> down. Season 2 of Blinded brings the next chapter of their love story.
> Swedish series; 8 episodes.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140604/ [as "Fartblinda"]
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yafEb-Y1A6Q
>

> Pulse [new to US] (3:01 am, BET+)
>
> “Pulse” tells the explosive story of an electromagnetic pulse that disables
> a secure building and disrupts the bio-electric signals in everyone’s
> minds, trapping a group of video game designers and turning each floor into
> a psychotic battlefield. The show questions whether the modern human race
> can really survive without the technology that defines our way of life
> today. South Africa series; 6 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcVyvriuwcc
>
> https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/bet-plus-pulse-series-sci-fi-1235334711/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5622794/
>

> In the Vault (season 2) (3:01 am, Crackle)
>
> One month into college, a freshman dies. Was it Murder? Or Suicide? 8
> episodes. 20-minute episodes?
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7122766/
>
> https://www.crackle.com/watch/9853
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> NFL preseason: Bears at Seattle (live event) (8 pm, ESPN)
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Friday, August 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Making the Cut (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Amazon Prime
> Video)
>
> Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are back at it in this global fashion competition
> series, where established designers from around the world compete to be the
> next great fashion brand. Each week, winning looks will be available to buy
> on Amazon in the Making the Cut store, and the last designer standing will
> receive one million dollars to invest in their brand. 8 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKEPoHRqsxc
>

> Sprung [new] (12:01 am, Freevee)
>
> The latest comedy series from Greg Garcia (My Name Is Earl) stars Garret
> Dillahunt and Martha Plimpton and centers on a trio of convicts who receive
> an early release during the pandemic and opt to band together to use their
> criminal expertise to do good rather than return to a life of crime. 9

This might be fun, based on the trailer....

> [...]
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80241472/
>

> Glow Up (complete season 4) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> In this British competition show, aspiring makeup artists navigate colorful
> challenges to win a career-making opportunity in the beauty industry.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81075536
>

> Kleo [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After the fall of the Berlin Wall, a former East German spy is set free and
> embarks on a revenge spree against the people who conspired to betray her.
> German series; 8 episodes?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3k7BOlJpE
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15135104/
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81216677/
>

> The Next 365 Days (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Laura and Massimo's relationship hangs in the balance as they try to
> overcome trust issues while a tenacious Nacho works to push them apart.
> Polish film
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdw5wYI4cY
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21106646/
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81397579/
>

> Orphan: First Kill (movie) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Esther's terrifying saga continues in this thrilling prequel to 2009's
> original and shocking horror hit Orphan. After orchestrating a brilliant
> escape from an Estonian psychiatric facility, Esther travels to America by
> impersonating the missing daughter of a wealthy family. Yet, an unexpected
> twist arises that pits her against a mother who will protect her family
> from the murderous "child" at any cost. The film also opens in theaters
> today (and is also available to purchase on digital services for those of
> you who do not subscribe to Paramount+).
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOxqws2jbs
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11851548/
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Secret Lives of College Escorts (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> When Eve, a 19-year-old college student, is convinced by her friend to
> sneak out for a wild night of partying, her friend winds up dead - and Eve
> loses her college athletic scholarship. She meets Carla, a successful event
> planner, who offers what seems to be the "perfect" job to pay for tuition.
> But before long, Eve discovers this opportunity is nothing more than a
> front for the dangerous sugaring scheme that caused her friend's death.
> Sophina Brown, Pilot Paisley-Rose, Laurie Fortier, Breanna Cuoco, and
> Chasty Bellesteros star.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15293072/ [as "Sugar Mommy"]
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/secret-lives-of-college-escorts
>

> The New York Times Presents: Superspreader (documentary) (10
> pm, FX)
>
> Are you hesitant to get a Covid vaccine? This doctor opposes them. If you
> agree, he has some pet supplies he wants to sell you. Meet Dr. Mercola,
> perhaps the most influential spreader of Covid vaccine misinformation
> online.
>

> (end)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<254006370.682027775.457908.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151821&group=rec.arts.tv#151821

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:16:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 20:16 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Thanks for this!
>
> (I might do details later…)

Robin always appreciate it.

Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<1227462506.682100567.598488.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151958&group=rec.arts.tv#151958

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:51:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:51 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, August 13

> Sunday, August 14
>

> The Journey Ahead (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> A famous Hollywood actress and a young wilderness expert drive from Los
> Angeles to New York. Along the way both women learn they can't run from
> their past to create the future they want. Stars Holly Robinson Peete,

I hate her

> Tales of the Walking Dead [new] (9 pm, AMC)
>
> The latest Walking Dead spinoff series is an episodic anthology featuring
> six stand-alone, hour-long episodes set in the same universe but varying in
> tone. Each episode features a different cast and characters (though there
> will be some returning faces from the prior series), and actors slated to
> appear this season include Anthony Edwards, Terry Crews, Olivia Munn,
> Samantha Morton, Poppy Liu, Jessie T. Usher, Parker Posey, Embeth Davidtz,

Army of darkness!

I’m going to try to sample this but annoyingly my DVR can’t find episode
one anywhere…

> Power Book III: Raising Kanan (season 2 premiere) (9 pm,
> Starz)

There’s a reason no one gets stars, except in Spanish

> Patagonia: Life on the Edge of the World (limited series finale)
> (9 pm, CNN)

I would watch this if it was on an actual news channel

> Westworld (season 4 finale) (9 pm, HBO)

I would watch this except I’m now two full seasons behind

> Monday, August 15

> Tuesday, August 16
>

> Hotties [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> In this wild dating competition, 4 hot singles go on blind dates and battle
> to cook up date-night worthy dishes. But, in order to keep cooking, they’ll
> have to choke down extreme spicy food challenges! Will beating the heat
> help them burn through first date facades to form a more authentic
> connection…or will it all just be a hilarious hot mess? 10 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGJnutQYC4

Maybe I’ll get bored enough?

> Untold (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Four sports documentaries.

Oh God no.

> Leonardo [new to US] (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Devils (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Wednesday, August 17
>

> Streaming:

> Look Both Ways (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Lili Reinhart stars as Natalie, a young woman whose life diverges into two
> different paths on the night of her college graduation. In one life, she
> becomes pregnant and must navigate motherhood as a young adult in her
> hometown and in the other she moves to LA to pursue her career. In both
> journeys, Natalie experiences life-changing love, pursues her dream career
> as an artist, and rediscovers herself. Danny Ramirez, David Corenswet,
> Aisha Dee, Andrea Savage, Luke Wilson,

NO

Besides, I already read the Archie comic

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Password (special night) (9 pm, NBC)

Posted this morning on the Facebook:

“Bettie and Allen must be rolling in their grave with this new PC version.
Thank God they did it after she died”

> Thursday, August 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Selena + Chef (season 4 premiere) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> 10 episodes.

I watched the pilot for this when I had a free preview. It was sort of fun
because she had literally never boiled water before. By season four you
think the novelty would have somewhat worn off. I wonder if this is why she
put on so much weight?

> She-Hulk: Attorney at Law [new] (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Rescheduled from August 17; episodes now stream on Thursdays. Its new title
> almost makes it sound like a parody, but the latest Disney+ entry in the
> Marvel Cinematic Universe is very real, even if it isn't always very
> serious. Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany heads the cast of the nine-episode
> legal dramedy as the title character, lawyer Jennifer Walters, who gains a
> milder version of some of The Hulk's superpowers (including turning big and
> green when angry) after receiving an emergency blood transfusion from her
> cousin, Bruce Banner (played, as in the films, by Mark Ruffalo). Tim Roth,
> Renée Elise Goldsberry, and Jameela Jamil also star.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gim2kprjL50
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10857160/

Yeah, I’ll give it a shot.

> When You Least Expect It [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Listed by Metacritic as a new foreign drama, but not listed by The Futon
> Critic. I have no idea what this might be.

It really doesn’t matter. Nobody gets P plus.

https://variety.com/2021/streaming/news/paramount-plus-originals-latin-america-vis-1234983101/

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, August 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Surfside Girls [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Apple
> TV+)
>
> Best friends Sam (YaYa Gosselin) and Jade (Miya Cech) investigate
> supernatural mysteries in their hometown of Surfside in this teen series
> based on the graphic novels by Kim Dwinell. 10 episodes.

I might watch this if there were six of them. Or if one of them was Jessica
Green and they did sexy energy dances.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<3627ed24-aba5-4841-a637-d7095b8f3c70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151959&group=rec.arts.tv#151959

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_August_13-19:_Robin’s_Selected_programming_for
_the_week
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 17:31 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Westworld (season 4 finale) (9 pm, HBO)

I can't believe this shit show made it past S02.

> Leonardo [new to US] (8 pm, CW)
>
> In 1506, Leonardo da Vinci (Aidan Turner) recounts his life and career
> under questioning by Stefano Giraldi (Freddie Highmore) in this drama
> created by Frank Spotnitz and Steve Thompson. 8 episodes.

This might be cool but isn't The CW pretty much a "girls" channel and thus,
this will be shit?

> Thursday, August 18
>
> She-Hulk: Attorney at Law [new] (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Rescheduled from August 17; episodes now stream on Thursdays. Its new title
> almost makes it sound like a parody, but the latest Disney+ entry in the
> Marvel Cinematic Universe is very real, even if it isn't always very
> serious. Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany heads the cast of the nine-episode
> legal dramedy as the title character, lawyer Jennifer Walters, who gains a
> milder version of some of The Hulk's superpowers (including turning big and
> green when angry) after receiving an emergency blood transfusion from her
> cousin, Bruce Banner (played, as in the films, by Mark Ruffalo). Tim Roth,
> Renée Elise Goldsberry, and Jameela Jamil also star.

I’ll check this out as, as Tatiana Maslany was really good in Orphan Black
but I’ve heard from comics nerds that She-Hulk in the comic plays up her
sexiness while this tv show will go the other way, with all kinda anti-male
propaganda.

> The Undeclared War [new to US] (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> Set in 2024, The Undeclared War tracks a leading team of analysts buried in
> the heart of GCHQ, secretly working to ward off a series of cyber-attacks
> on the UK in the run up to a general election. When a routine stress test
> of internet infrastructure goes awry 21-year-old GCHQ intern Saara Parvan
> (played by Hannah Khalique-Brown) suddenly finds herself operating on the
> invisible frontier of high-stakes cyber warfare. Mark Rylance, Simon Pegg,
> Alex Jennings, and Adrian Lester also star. 6 episodes; originally
> broadcast in the UK in June by Channel 4.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the evil election cyber-hackers will turn out to
be evil White nationalist ethnic Brits opposed to the benefits of uncontrolled
mass migration… I mean, diversity.

Re: Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<130820221406470768%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151966&group=rec.arts.tv#151966

Subject: Re: Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 14:06:47 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 18:06 UTC

In article
<1227462506.682100567.598488.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Posted this morning on the Facebook:
>
> ³Bettie and Allen must be rolling in their grave with this new PC version.
> Thank God they did it after she died²

Did they say what was "PC" about it?

Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<145831153.682115123.650390.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151983&group=rec.arts.tv#151983

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 13:27:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:27 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1227462506.682100567.598488.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Posted this morning on the Facebook:
>>
>> ³Bettie and Allen must be rolling in their grave with this new PC version.
>> Thank God they did it after she died²
>

> Did they say what was "PC" about it?

Nope, and I’ve never seen it. I’m just watching the reruns.

Re: August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<tdr1s7$20evp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152991&group=rec.arts.tv#152991

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:24:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:24 UTC

On 2022-08-12 15:13:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> August 13-19: Robin’s Selected programming for the week
>

> Thursday, August 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> In the Vault (season 2) (3:01 am, Crackle)
>
> One month into college, a freshman dies. Was it Murder? Or Suicide? 8
> episodes. 20-minute episodes?

OK, this starred Audrey Whitby, and is apparently from 2017. Also, I
think Robin means "two seasons", not "season 2" (it looks like both
seasons date to 2017).

This may be the first thing on Crackle I actually check out!!

> Friday, August 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Surfside Girls [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Apple
> TV+)
>
> Best friends Sam (YaYa Gosselin) and Jade (Miya Cech) investigate
> supernatural mysteries in their hometown of Surfside in this teen series
> based on the graphic novels by Kim Dwinell. 10 episodes.

I can't tell from IMDb - is this 30-minute episodes?

> Echoes [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This seven-episode thriller from Brian Yorkey (13 Reasons Why) stars
> Michelle Monaghan as identical twins Leni and Gina, who have been secretly
> swapping lives (including their homes, husbands, and a child) since they
> were children. Complicating matters even further is the sudden
> disappearance of one of the twins. Matt Bomer and Daniel Sunjata also star.

This sounds a lot like they ripped off Lifetime's "A Sister's Secret"...

> The Next 365 Days (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Laura and Massimo's relationship hangs in the balance as they try to
> overcome trust issues while a tenacious Nacho works to push them apart.
> Polish film

SEX MOVIE!!1!

> Orphan: First Kill (movie) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Esther's terrifying saga continues in this thrilling prequel to 2009's
> original and shocking horror hit Orphan. After orchestrating a brilliant
> escape from an Estonian psychiatric facility, Esther travels to America by
> impersonating the missing daughter of a wealthy family. Yet, an unexpected
> twist arises that pits her against a mother who will protect her family
> from the murderous "child" at any cost. The film also opens in theaters
> today (and is also available to purchase on digital services for those of
> you who do not subscribe to Paramount+).

And this I would have watched, were it not on Pee+!!