arts / rec.arts.tv / Steven Seagal is now a Russian

SubjectAuthor
* Steven Seagal is now a RussianRhino
+- Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianUbiquitous
+* Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russianshawn
|`- Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianIan J. Ball
`* Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russiananim8rfsk
 +* Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianBTR1701
 |+- Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russiananim8rfsk
 |+* Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russiantrotsky
 ||`- Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianUbiquitous
 |`- Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianUbiquitous
 `* Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianRhino
  +- Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russiananim8rfsk
  `- Re: Steven Seagal is now a RussianUbiquitous

1
Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te12fl$2pdkj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153478&group=rec.arts.tv#153478

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Steven Seagal is now a Russian
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:11:43 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:11 UTC

It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
(which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
his invasion of Ukraine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q

I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.

--
Rhino

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<58cbbce2-deb6-4a88-bb51-18c508ad8c3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153481&group=rec.arts.tv#153481

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:31 UTC

On Monday, August 22, 2022 at 7:11:54 PM UTC-4, Rhino wrote:

> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
> his invasion of Ukraine:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>
> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.

WHAT income?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<qo48ghtbsmc0jtc5copn65rghfmbljurmc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153482&group=rec.arts.tv#153482

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:37:48 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:37 UTC

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:11:43 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>(which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>his invasion of Ukraine:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>
>I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.

I'm not sure there's any room for a decline in income from his movies
at this point. At least not with any of his later work which seems to
all be straight to video quality.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te150n$2pjei$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153487&group=rec.arts.tv#153487

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:55:03 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:55 UTC

On 2022-08-22 23:37:48 +0000, shawn said:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:11:43 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>
>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>
> I'm not sure there's any room for a decline in income from his movies
> at this point. At least not with any of his later work which seems to
> all be straight to video quality.

And at the *lower end* of even that!

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<2064765019.682915194.333674.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153502&group=rec.arts.tv#153502

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 20:18:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 03:18 UTC

> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
> his invasion of Ukraine:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>
> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.

I seriously didn’t even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
business. Going backwards from most recent on Ian’s IMDb listing for him:

BEYOND THE LAW (2019) has a cited budget of $2,500,000 and… Zero return.
It’s going to be hard to decline much further than that. :-)

GENERAL COMMANDER (2019) has no return reported.

ATTRITION (2018) cost 3 million bucks and lists no return.

STEINER SALESMAN (2017) cost 110, million Chinese yen and grossed back
1,600,000 real dollars worldwide.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<atropos-69D3DE.20263322082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153508&group=rec.arts.tv#153508

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 20:26:33 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 03:26 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
> > (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
> > even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
> > He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
> > his invasion of Ukraine:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
> >
> > I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
> >

> I seriously didn't even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
> business.

Last thing I remember him doing was some kind of reality show where he
got himself deputized as an sheriff's deputy in Louisiana and went out
pretending to be a cop.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<49487042.682927063.295311.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153521&group=rec.arts.tv#153521

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:00:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 06:00 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <2064765019.682915194.333674.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>>
>>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>>>

>> I seriously didn't even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
>> business.
>
> Last thing I remember him doing was some kind of reality show where he
> got himself deputized as an sheriff's deputy in Louisiana and went out
> pretending to be a cop.

That’s what came to mind for me as well.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te2aab$cbv$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153542&group=rec.arts.tv#153542

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 05:31:39 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:31 UTC

On 8/22/2022 10:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <2064765019.682915194.333674.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>>
>>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>>>

>> I seriously didn't even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
>> business.
>
> Last thing I remember him doing was some kind of reality show where he
> got himself deputized as an sheriff's deputy in Louisiana and went out
> pretending to be a cop.

You guys have no balls but you certainly don't have any qualms about
saying "I don't know what the fuck is going on!" over and over and over
like this.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te2dto$2vofh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153570&group=rec.arts.tv#153570

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 07:33:02 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:33 UTC

On 2022-08-22 11:18 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>
>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>>

> I seriously didn’t even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
> business. Going backwards from most recent on Ian’s IMDb listing for him:
>
> BEYOND THE LAW (2019) has a cited budget of $2,500,000 and… Zero return.
> It’s going to be hard to decline much further than that. :-)
>
> GENERAL COMMANDER (2019) has no return reported.
>
> ATTRITION (2018) cost 3 million bucks and lists no return.
>
> STEINER SALESMAN (2017) cost 110, million Chinese yen and grossed back
> 1,600,000 real dollars worldwide.

Are those numbers US box office or world box office? There's a huge
difference. For instance, Water World bombed in the US but Costner
eventually made all his production costs back in the rest of the world
because the movie was much better received in overseas markets. Maybe
Seagal is still drawing audiences in Hong Kong or India or whatever?

--
Rhino

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te2eef$2vg0p$17@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153572&group=rec.arts.tv#153572

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 07:42:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:42 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>> I seriously didn't even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
>> business.
>
>Last thing I remember him doing was some kind of reality show where he
>got himself deputized as an sheriff's deputy in Louisiana and went out
>pretending to be a cop.

That was a reality show?

Now that i think about it, I thought it was in Alaska...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te2egj$2vg0p$18@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153573&group=rec.arts.tv#153573

Followup: alt.flame.fucking.faggots
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 07:43:15 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:43 UTC

In article <te2aab$cbv$6@gioia.aioe.org>, gmsingh@email.com wrote:

>You guys have no balls

Transphobia noted.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<1929471442.682951276.044351.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153578&group=rec.arts.tv#153578

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 05:46:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:46 UTC

> On 2022-08-22 11:18 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>>
>>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>>>

>> I seriously didn’t even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
>> business. Going backwards from most recent on Ian’s IMDb listing for him:
>>
>> BEYOND THE LAW (2019) has a cited budget of $2,500,000 and… Zero return.
>> It’s going to be hard to decline much further than that. :-)
>>
>> GENERAL COMMANDER (2019) has no return reported.
>>
>> ATTRITION (2018) cost 3 million bucks and lists no return.
>>
>> STEINER SALESMAN (2017) cost 110, million Chinese yen and grossed back
>> 1,600,000 real dollars worldwide.
>>
> Are those numbers US box office or world box office? There's a huge
> difference. For instance, Water World bombed in the US but Costner
> eventually made all his production costs back in the rest of the world
> because the movie was much better received in overseas markets. Maybe
> Seagal is still drawing audiences in Hong Kong or India or whatever?

Worldwide where possible. And the difference between domestic and worldwide
for those films wasn’t very much. And at least one of them the primary
release was Asia and US just added on a little bit.

Re: Steven Seagal is now a Russian

<te31kt$31noa$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153604&group=rec.arts.tv#153604

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 13:09:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 17:09 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2022-08-22 11:18 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> It seems that one of Steven Seagal's grandfathers was from Vladivostock
>>> (which is in Russia for those who don't know their geography) and Seagal
>>> even has (honourary) Russian citizenship now from his good friend Putin.
>>> He's also getting very serious about generating propaganda for Putin and
>>> his invasion of Ukraine:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZUPo7R6Q
>>>
>>> I hope this causes him a VERY serious decline in income from his movies.
>>
>> I seriously didn't even know if Steven Seagal was still in the movie
>> business. Going backwards from most recent on Ian's IMDb listing for him:
>>
>> BEYOND THE LAW (2019) has a cited budget of $2,500,000 and… Zero return.
>> It's going to be hard to decline much further than that. :-)
>>
>> GENERAL COMMANDER (2019) has no return reported.
>>
>> ATTRITION (2018) cost 3 million bucks and lists no return.
>>
>> STEINER SALESMAN (2017) cost 110, million Chinese yen and grossed back
>> 1,600,000 real dollars worldwide.
>>
>Are those numbers US box office or world box office? There's a huge
>difference. For instance, Water World bombed in the US but Costner
>eventually made all his production costs back in the rest of the world
>because the movie was much better received in overseas markets. Maybe
>Seagal is still drawing audiences in Hong Kong or India or whatever?

"Ooooh, Crint Easserwood!"

--
Let's go Brandon!