arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theanim8rfsk
+* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everA Friend
|+- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theanim8rfsk
|+- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everThe Horny Goat
|`* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everUbiquitous
| `* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everThe Horny Goat
|  `* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everA Friend
|   +- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous evertrotsky
|   `- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everMicky DuPree
+- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everYour Name
+- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theUbiquitous
`* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the mostDavid Johnston
 +* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theanim8rfsk
 |+* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the mostDimensional Traveler
 ||`* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theanim8rfsk
 || +* Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of theBTR1701
 || |`- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous evertrotsky
 || `- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the mostDimensional Traveler
 |`- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous everUbiquitous
 `- Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous evertrotsky

1
Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<588601766.681887342.888743.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151600&group=rec.arts.tv#151600

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the
most dangerous ever
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 22:38:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:38 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-dangerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/

Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
bogus and he’s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
existence?

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<110820220635018986%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151624&group=rec.arts.tv#151624

Subject: Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:35:01 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:35 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-da
> > ngerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/
> >

> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
> bogus and he¹s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
> existence?

When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
was in student government, we fought it, and we won.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<1620570691.681917555.875035.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151631&group=rec.arts.tv#151631

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
most dangerous ever
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:37:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:37 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <588601766.681887342.888743.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-da
>>> ngerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/
>>>

>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>> bogus and he¹s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>> existence?
>

> When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
> group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
> went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
> to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
> and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
> was in student government, we fought it, and we won.

Good for you!

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<a3kafht6tdf2h93sl1ijor0k63uom40s97@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151687&group=rec.arts.tv#151687

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:55:47 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:55 UTC

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:35:01 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article
><588601766.681887342.888743.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-da
>> > ngerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/
>> >

>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>> bogus and he¹s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>> existence?
>

>When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
>group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
>went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
>to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
>and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
>was in student government, we fought it, and we won.

We had those (also roughly 50 years ago) but they were never mandatory
and were just another club or political group on campus and any fees
collected were purely voluntary.

In my case it was early 1970s but had been going on for several years
before that.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<td3qc3$3oq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151708&group=rec.arts.tv#151708

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:55:31 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 20:55 UTC

On 2022-08-11 05:38:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-dangerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/
>>

> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
> bogus and he's a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
> existence?

Musk's claims are even worse. His "self-driving" system is absolutely
useless. The problem is that too many idiots believe it is
self-driving, despite the fact that Tesla was forced to make specific
notes that it is not - the driver must be ready to take over instantly
WHEN something goes wrong. Basically Tesla is simply using all it's
buyers stupid enough to even turn on the system as beta testing guinea
pigs.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<td5drk$2g0n1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151770&group=rec.arts.tv#151770

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
most dangerous ever
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>bogus and he's a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>existence?

TBH, I thought he had died.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<td5e0g$2g0n1$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151771&group=rec.arts.tv#151771

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400

In article <110820220635018986%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>> bogus and he�s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>> existence?
>
>When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
>group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
>went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
>to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
>and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
>was in student government, we fought it, and we won.

Wow, I had forgotten about them on campus when I was in college, but
it might have been named FPIRG. I don't recall if I had to pay a fee
for them or not.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<imcdfhhtqn84gvtc8r3v55jaaojcg0gh24@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151816&group=rec.arts.tv#151816

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:07:35 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 20:07 UTC

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>In article <110820220635018986%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>>> bogus and he¹s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>>> existence?
>>
>>When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
>>group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
>>went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
>>to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
>>and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
>>was in student government, we fought it, and we won.
>
>Wow, I had forgotten about them on campus when I was in college, but
>it might have been named FPIRG. I don't recall if I had to pay a fee
>for them or not.

At least in our area, most of the PIRGs' names were prefixed by one or
two letters suggesting their location.

Sometimes they were right on, other times they were completely over
the top.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<120820221812271645%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151848&group=rec.arts.tv#151848

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:12:27 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 22:12 UTC

In article <imcdfhhtqn84gvtc8r3v55jaaojcg0gh24@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:

> >>When I was in college fifty years ago or so, Ralph Nader was starting a
> >>group called PIRG, for (I think) Public Interest Research Group. This
> >>went on in hundreds of schools, maybe thousands. Every student *had*
> >>to join, and fees were collected at registration. You could opt out
> >>and get your money back if you went through some sort of process. I
> >>was in student government, we fought it, and we won.
> >
> >Wow, I had forgotten about them on campus when I was in college, but
> >it might have been named FPIRG. I don't recall if I had to pay a fee
> >for them or not.
>
> At least in our area, most of the PIRGs' names were prefixed by one or
> two letters suggesting their location.
>
> Sometimes they were right on, other times they were completely over
> the top.

Our student-governmental problem was not PIRG's politics or activism
but how our constituents, I guess you'd call them, were being drafted
into Nader's army instead of volunteering for it. Nader was not happy
about our (successful) opposition because we were a big college, and we
drew attention. All PIRG had to do was come before the student
government and make its case, like anyone else, but it flatly refused
to do so.

It's been more than fifty years since all of this happened, and I still
think we were right to fight it.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<tdcf2s$mk6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152162&group=rec.arts.tv#152162

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most
dangerous ever
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 21:38:04 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 03:38 UTC

On 2022-08-10 11:38 p.m., anim8rfsk wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/10/ralph-nader-asks-nhtsa-to-recall-teslas-dangerous-and-irresponsible-fsd/
>>

> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
> bogus and he’s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
> existence?

And yet he's not wrong about Tesla's autopilot not being ready for
primetime.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<2000372087.682320412.222087.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152330&group=rec.arts.tv#152330

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
most dangerous ever
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 22:30:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 05:30 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 23:38:11 UTC-4, David Johnston wrote:
>>>>

>>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>>> bogus and he’s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>>> existence?
>>>
>> And yet he's not wrong about Tesla's autopilot not being ready for
>> primetime.
>
> The autopilot is like a dog, it seems to attack "cars in uniform" like emergency vehicles.

Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
(not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<170bbc5e1cb6e73c$21$1607696$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152339&group=rec.arts.tv#152339

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:33:13 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 05:33 UTC

On 8/15/2022 11:08 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 12 August 2022 at 18:12:32 UTC-4, A Friend wrote:
>> In article <imcdfhhtqn84gvtc8...@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
>> <lcr...@home.ca> wrote:

>>> At least in our area, most of the PIRGs' names were prefixed by one or
>>> two letters suggesting their location.
>>>
>>> Sometimes they were right on, other times they were completely over
>>> the top.
>> Our student-governmental problem was not PIRG's politics or activism
>> but how our constituents, I guess you'd call them, were being drafted
>> into Nader's army instead of volunteering for it.
>
> Same thing today, cancel culture sees to it on campuses.

Have you been to a lot of "campuses" then, or are you being psychotic as
usual?

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<tdfago$3vu03$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152341&group=rec.arts.tv#152341

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
dangerous ever
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 22:38:35 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 05:38 UTC

On 8/15/2022 10:30 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> And yet he's not wrong about Tesla's autopilot not being ready for
>>> primetime.
>>
>> The autopilot is like a dog, it seems to attack "cars in uniform" like emergency vehicles.
>>

> Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
> (not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
> people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

One of the big pizza chains was advertising that they used automated
vehicles to make home deliveries with special built smaller than car
sized vehicles but I can't remember seeing one of those ads recently.

dirty old man.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<170bbcbfabfb3552$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152343&group=rec.arts.tv#152343

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:33:59 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)

On 8/15/2022 11:09 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 23:38:11 UTC-4, David Johnston wrote:
>>>>

>>> Who wants to point out that his claims about the Corvair were completely
>>> bogus and he’s a liar and a fraud and I hope Musk sues him out of
>>> existence?
>>>
>> And yet he's not wrong about Tesla's autopilot not being ready for
>> primetime.
>
> The autopilot is like a dog, it seems to attack "cars in uniform" like emergency vehicles.

Cite?

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<1647692147.682331140.661158.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152347&group=rec.arts.tv#152347

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
most dangerous ever
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 01:30:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 10:30 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The autopilot is like a dog, it seems to attack "cars in uniform" like
>>> emergency vehicles.
>>>

>> Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
>> (not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
>> people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.
>>
> One of the big pizza chains was advertising that they used automated
> vehicles to make home deliveries with special built smaller than car
> sized vehicles but I can't remember seeing one of those ads recently.

The YouTube has a series of ads archived from Domino’s and pizza slut and
others all claiming they’re about to go to the pizza robots starting four
years ago. Doesn’t look like any of them ever did.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<tdfvkn$1j9i$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152366&group=rec.arts.tv#152366

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 04:30:47 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 23:38:11 UTC-4, David Johnston wrote:

>>> And yet he's not wrong about Tesla's autopilot not being ready for
>>> primetime.
>>
>> The autopilot is like a dog, it seems to attack "cars in uniform" like
>> emergency vehicles.
>
>Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
>(not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
>people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

If memory serves, fully auto drive cars only work on Interstates or straight
roads with few intersections or limited access.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<NsWdnUskMdLSPWb_nZ2dnZfqn_tQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152378&group=rec.arts.tv#152378

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
most dangerous ever
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:49:03 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:49 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
>>> (not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
>>> people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.
>>>
>> One of the big pizza chains was advertising that they used automated
>> vehicles to make home deliveries with special built smaller than car
>> sized vehicles but I can't remember seeing one of those ads recently.
>>

> The YouTube has a series of ads archived from Domino’s and pizza slut and
> others all claiming they’re about to go to the pizza robots starting four
> years ago. Doesn’t look like any of them ever did.

I was driving around Seattle last week and while I was stopped at a light,
I saw something trundling down the sidewalk getting in everyone's way.
Don't know if it was delivering anything, but it was a bot of some kind. It
ended up getting stuck at a tree root that had grown up over the pavement.
Couldn't get past it. I guess someone eventually got some cold pizza.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<tdg9or$2re0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152384&group=rec.arts.tv#152384

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
dangerous ever
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 07:31:56 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 14:31 UTC

On 8/16/2022 1:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Is Tesla (or anybody else) using full auto drive anywhere? Walmart uses
>>> (not Tesla) auto drive delivery vehicles to my house but they have two
>>> people in them just to make sure nothing goes wrong.
>>>
>> One of the big pizza chains was advertising that they used automated
>> vehicles to make home deliveries with special built smaller than car
>> sized vehicles but I can't remember seeing one of those ads recently.
>>

> The YouTube has a series of ads archived from Domino’s and pizza slut and
> others all claiming they’re about to go to the pizza robots starting four
> years ago. Doesn’t look like any of them ever did.

Maybe their contract for the delivery vehicles was with Tesla? :P

dirty old man.

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<170c1b55410f9d90$5$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152473&group=rec.arts.tv#152473

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 05:33:23 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <422b3904-3ed8-455b-9117-2da72d824463n@googlegroups.com> <588601766.681887342.888743.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tdcf2s$mk6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <2dce8437-4f3c-4613-b9b2-bc01707d8bfdn@googlegroups.com> <2000372087.682320412.222087.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tdfago$3vu03$2@dont-email.me> <1647692147.682331140.661158.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <NsWdnUskMdLSPWb_nZ2dnZfqn_tQAAAA@giganews.com>
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:33 UTC

On 8/16/2022 8:49 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> One of the big pizza chains was advertising that they used automated
>>> vehicles to make home deliveries with special built smaller than car
>>> sized vehicles but I can't remember seeing one of those ads recently.
>>>

>> The YouTube has a series of ads archived from Domino’s and pizza slut and
>> others all claiming they’re about to go to the pizza robots starting four
>> years ago. Doesn’t look like any of them ever did.
>
> I was driving around Seattle last week

What assignment were you doing for the Oath Keepers this time? Scoping
out an FBI HQ for them to attack?

Re: Ralph Nader calls Tesla's self-driving tech one of the most dangerous ever

<te4jna$dvm$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153693&group=rec.arts.tv#153693

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 07:24:26 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 07:24 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> writes:

> In article <imcdfhhtqn84gvtc8r3v55jaaojcg0gh24@4ax.com>, The Horny
> Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Wow, I had forgotten about them on campus when I was in college, but
>>> it might have been named FPIRG. I don't recall if I had to pay a fee
>>> for them or not.
>>
>> At least in our area, most of the PIRGs' names were prefixed by one
>> or two letters suggesting their location.
>>
>> Sometimes they were right on, other times they were completely over
>> the top.
>
> Our student-governmental problem was not PIRG's politics or activism
> but how our constituents, I guess you'd call them, were being drafted
> into Nader's army instead of volunteering for it. Nader was not happy
> about our (successful) opposition because we were a big college, and
> we drew attention. All PIRG had to do was come before the student
> government and make its case, like anyone else, but it flatly refused
> to do so.
>
> It's been more than fifty years since all of this happened, and I
> still think we were right to fight it.

My sense is that you were. I have a vague memory of someone who
graduated from college in the late '80s/early '90s, who reported having
voluntarily joined a PIRG out of idealism, but who was disillusioned by
their labor model, which seemed to be predicated on working the
volunteers until they burned out, because they should be as dedicated to
the cause as Nader.

-Micky