Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 13:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: right index finger problem
From: lucas.ca...@gmail.com (Lucas Diniz)
 by: Lucas Diniz - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:31 UTC

Em sexta-feira, 1 de maio de 2009 às 16:24:33 UTC+2, yl6...@att.com escreveu:
> Hello to all!. I play classical guitar for many years and wonder if
> anybody has similar problem ... In the last several years I noticed
> that my index finger of right hand slowly is loosing it's mobility and
> speed. At this point I can play much faster with m-a combination
> rather than i-m or i-a. It's really very upsetting - I have to relearn
> many pieces. If I try to play a lot of exercises for i-m combination I
> start experiencing almost a pain in the place where index finger
> connects to the hand ...
> Couple of years ago I went to a hand surgeon, but he really didn't
> find any problems (he thinks that maybe it's arthritis originating in
> the neck).
> Very frustrating ... Any ideas or suggestions?
> Regards,
> Yuri

Hi Yuri,

What you described is EXACTLY the problem I have been struggling for the past few years. The lost of dexterity and the pain between index and middle finger.

I wonder with you had any progress since 2009? I`m struggling a lot with this, and I think you are the first person that described exactly the same problem I`m experiencing.

I would be very happy in hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Lucas Campara