From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News: Peacock To Temporaily Slash Prices for Its Premium Tier
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 08:59:40 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:59 UTC

Some, like Anim, might be interested in this.

From TVLine:

https://tvline.com/2022/08/24/peacock-streaming-price-discount-next-day-nbc-shows/

Note, this is not that great a deal - yeah, $1.99/month sounds good,
but it's for the Premium (with ads) tier, not for the Premium Plus (no
ads) tier.

If they were actually offering a deal on the latter, I might have
considered it...

Re: News: Peacock To Temporaily Slash Prices for Its Premium Tier

<863787570.683056983.028235.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153764&group=rec.arts.tv#153764

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 11:23:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 18:23 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Some, like Anim, might be interested in this.
>
> From TVLine:
>
> https://tvline.com/2022/08/24/peacock-streaming-price-discount-next-day-nbc-shows/
>

> Note, this is not that great a deal - yeah, $1.99/month sounds good,
> but it's for the Premium (with ads) tier, not for the Premium Plus (no
> ads) tier.
>
> If they were actually offering a deal on the latter, I might have
> considered it...

I wouldn’t. I get Peacock prime plus premium pudding free and I don’t watch
it because the interface is completely unusable. You have to fight for
several minutes to get to your watchlist and it quite often isn’t there
anyway. It’s always busy trying to force you into watching random “live”
TV. When what turns out to have been an unadvertised sneak preview of the
Peacock goes away I won’t be doing anything to renew it.

I’ve looked further into Paramount plus and it’s going to get added to
Walmart plus in September, which isn’t exactly very far away. Walmart plus
itself is adding another tier to it service (P plus will continue to be its
bottom tier which I find endlessly amusing). For another $40 a year They
add various services such as your groceries are brought out by a “trusted
Walmart affiliate“ instead of, I guess, whoever’s waiting in the parking
lot when the orders ready. They also want to bring it inside and (maybe)
put it away for you
(None of that particularly appeals to me; I prefer the automated cars)
But what Walmart plus plus (whenever the hell they’re going to call it)
does offer is “no tip“ service. Which I already get if they use the
automated cars but whether or not that happens is hit or miss. The default
tip on Walmart grocery deliveries is seven bucks. You don’t have to have a
whole lot of grocery deliveries at seven bucks a pop to make $40 a year pay
for itself.