arts / rec.arts.tv / The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

SubjectAuthor
* The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyBTR1701
+* Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyRhino
|+* Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyBTR1701
||`* Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyRhino
|| `* Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyBTR1701
||  `- Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyRhino
|`* Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyEd Stasiak
| `- Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun SafetyRhino
`- Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safetytrotsky

1
The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<gOidnZCjgrrTw5v-nZ2dnZfqn_rNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153756&group=rec.arts.tv#153756

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:22:22 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:22 UTC

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1562254371517333505/pu/vid/320x692/lLzn-PxegF5uk-wy.mp4?tag=12

Holy shitweasels. It would take me the rest of my natural born life to catalog
everything that is wrong with this. I think the technical name for this drill
is Schrodinger's Negligent Discharge.

I was particularly amused by the guy who assumed what in the business is
called the Tactical Twerk stance. Then there's the lady who pins her slide to
her collarbone, with zero sight picture, and grins smugly. That's gonna
sting.

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<te5prq$3cp13$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153759&group=rec.arts.tv#153759

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:15:12 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 18:15 UTC

On 2022-08-24 1:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1562254371517333505/pu/vid/320x692/lLzn-PxegF5uk-wy.mp4?tag=12
>
> Holy shitweasels. It would take me the rest of my natural born life to catalog
> everything that is wrong with this. I think the technical name for this drill
> is Schrodinger's Negligent Discharge.
>
> I was particularly amused by the guy who assumed what in the business is
> called the Tactical Twerk stance. Then there's the lady who pins her slide to
> her collarbone, with zero sight picture, and grins smugly. That's gonna
> sting.

What are the orange rods in the pistols? Do they guarantee that the
weapon won't fire somehow? I sure hope so because otherwise I would be
shitting myself wondering if someone was going to "pull a Baldwin" and
shoot me. All those people drawing down on each other more-or-less
simultaneously was rather unnerving to this civilian.

One of my friends spent most of his adult life in the Canadian Forces.
He's told me that one of the things he and his fellow soldiers did for
fun sometimes was watch war movies and action movies to see all the
things that were wrong. The consensus was that practically everything
they saw was FULL of errors, things that they KNEW would kill or maim
the shooter and/or those around him, rather than the person/people he
was aiming at. Even things like groups of soldiers positioning
themselves to fend off an attack were badly done because while the
positioning was probably ideal for filming purposes, the defending
forces would find their faces full of hot shell casings from the guy
beside them. Each of those films credited technical advisers but, as you
know from having done the same job, it was pretty clear that those
advisers had NOT been listened to very often.

--
Rhino

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<atropos-9208BB.11485024082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153772&group=rec.arts.tv#153772

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 11:48:50 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 18:48 UTC

In article <te5prq$3cp13$1@dont-email.me>,

> On 2022-08-24 1:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> >
> > https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1562254371517333505/pu/vid/320x692/lLzn
> > -PxegF5uk-wy.mp4?tag=12
> >
> > Holy shitweasels. It would take me the rest of my natural born life to
> > catalog everything that is wrong with this. I think the technical name
> > for this drill is Schrodinger's Negligent Discharge.
> >
> > I was particularly amused by the guy who assumed what in the business is
> > called the Tactical Twerk stance. Then there's the lady who pins her slide
> > to her collarbone, with zero sight picture, and grins smugly. That's gonna
> > sting.
> >
> What are the orange rods in the pistols? Do they guarantee that the
> weapon won't fire somehow?

It indicates that it's an inoperative training gun. Notably, only *some*
of them had the orange tags in the barrels.

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<a50cbc14-58f2-46c5-bd00-39ba357532c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153773&group=rec.arts.tv#153773

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 19:13 UTC

> Rhino
>
> What are the orange rods in the pistols?

Looks like Airsoft pistols, spring or gas powered toy/replica guns that fire a plastic BB.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.215246e21dcfeb5236f1f00f0b8c564b?rik=3Ih5tEfcLxB7Sw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft_gun

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<te61vl$3dijj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153783&group=rec.arts.tv#153783

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 16:33:49 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:33 UTC

On 2022-08-24 2:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <te5prq$3cp13$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-08-24 1:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>>
>>> https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1562254371517333505/pu/vid/320x692/lLzn
>>> -PxegF5uk-wy.mp4?tag=12
>>>
>>> Holy shitweasels. It would take me the rest of my natural born life to
>>> catalog everything that is wrong with this. I think the technical name
>>> for this drill is Schrodinger's Negligent Discharge.
>>>
>>> I was particularly amused by the guy who assumed what in the business is
>>> called the Tactical Twerk stance. Then there's the lady who pins her slide
>>> to her collarbone, with zero sight picture, and grins smugly. That's gonna
>>> sting.
>>>
>> What are the orange rods in the pistols? Do they guarantee that the
>> weapon won't fire somehow?
>
> It indicates that it's an inoperative training gun. Notably, only *some*
> of them had the orange tags in the barrels.

That's what I thought I saw but there were so many people rushing around
it was hard to be sure. Were the guns without orange rods real, loaded
guns, or were they rubber proper guns that couldn't fire?

--
Rhino

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<X5ycnW-1TLPiFpv-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153785&group=rec.arts.tv#153785

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:35:11 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:35 UTC

On Aug 24, 2022 at 1:33:49 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On 2022-08-24 2:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <te5prq$3cp13$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> What are the orange rods in the pistols? Do they guarantee that the
>>> weapon won't fire somehow?
>>
>> It indicates that it's an inoperative training gun. Notably, only *some*
>> of them had the orange tags in the barrels.
>
> That's what I thought I saw but there were so many people rushing around
> it was hard to be sure. Were the guns without orange rods real, loaded
> guns, or were they rubber proper guns that couldn't fire?

Who the hell knows? And that's the point.

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<te63c4$3dnl5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153790&group=rec.arts.tv#153790

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 16:57:32 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:57 UTC

On 2022-08-24 4:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2022 at 1:33:49 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-08-24 2:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> It indicates that it's an inoperative training gun. Notably, only *some*
>>> of them had the orange tags in the barrels.
>>
>> That's what I thought I saw but there were so many people rushing around
>> it was hard to be sure. Were the guns without orange rods real, loaded
>> guns, or were they rubber proper guns that couldn't fire?
>
> Who the hell knows? And that's the point.

And that's exactly why I'd rather have six simultaneous root canals than
be a paying customer in the midst of that chaos!

Having said that, if a later bit of the video explained that every
single gun that was visible in the area was completely incapable of
being fired, I'd relax. Maybe that explanation was in some other part of
the video; it sure wasn't in the part that was shared in the tweet.

--
Rhino

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<te63h0$3dnl5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153791&group=rec.arts.tv#153791

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:00:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 21:00 UTC

On 2022-08-24 3:13 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Rhino
>>
>> What are the orange rods in the pistols?
>
> Looks like Airsoft pistols, spring or gas powered toy/replica guns that fire a plastic BB.
>
> https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.215246e21dcfeb5236f1f00f0b8c564b?rik=3Ih5tEfcLxB7Sw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft_gun

I know about the orange tips that are (supposed to be) on Airsoft
weapons but the rods in the video that BTR shared looked rather
different and had a much smaller diameter than the barrel of the pistol.
They looked a bit like those sticks that come out of cartoon guns and
end with a flag that says "Bang!" but without the flag.

--
Rhino

Re: The Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety

<te78hq$3gg$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153845&group=rec.arts.tv#153845

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:32:09 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 07:32 UTC

On 8/24/2022 12:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

Here's a thought, instead of insipidly talking about Baldwin, why not
beg the group not to talk about the fat orange fuck's stealing of Top
Secret documents? Or are you too much of a eunuch to do so?