Once you've tried to change the world you find it's a whole bunch easier to change your mind.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

SubjectAuthor
* Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialSearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi
+- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialRhino
`* Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialkensi
 +* Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialEd Stasiak
 |+- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialAdam H. Kerman
 |`* Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialRhino
 | `- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialRhino
  +- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialSearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi
  `- Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trialkensi

1
Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<te7tj0$3lggo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153890&group=rec.arts.tv#153890

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:31:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:31 UTC

Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon). He was
charged with 5 misdemeanors. In a plea offer, the prosecution would drop
the most serious charge if he'd plead guilty to a single lesser charge
with a maximum of 6 months in jail.

The defendant rejected the plea offer.

I have no idea what his defense could possibly be.

A Chicago cop charged in the U.S. Capitol attack rejects a plea deal

The charges against Officer Karol Chwiesiuk include disorderly conduct
in a restricted building. The judge set his trial to begin May 1.
By Chip Mitchell
WBEZ FM 91.5
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 1:25 p.m. CT
https://www.wbez.org/stories/chicago-police-officer-rejects-plea-in-january-6-insurrection-case/118cbe21-0940-440b-8a05-99e84d8fe497

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<48fd8183-bc09-40fe-92eb-29a6c764a798n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153973&group=rec.arts.tv#153973

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (SearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi)
 by: SearchWarrantStation - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:28 UTC

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 8:31:17 AM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
> that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon). He was
> charged with 5 misdemeanors. In a plea offer, the prosecution would drop
> the most serious charge if he'd plead guilty to a single lesser charge
> with a maximum of 6 months in jail.
>
> The defendant rejected the plea offer.
>
> I have no idea what his defense could possibly be.
>
> A Chicago cop charged in the U.S. Capitol attack rejects a plea deal
>
> The charges against Officer Karol Chwiesiuk include disorderly conduct
> in a restricted building. The judge set his trial to begin May 1.
> By Chip Mitchell
> WBEZ FM 91.5
> Tuesday, Aug. 23, 1:25 p.m. CT
> https://www.wbez.org/stories/chicago-police-officer-rejects-plea-in-january-6-insurrection-case/118cbe21-0940-440b-8a05-99e84d8fe497

A sad blemish on Polonia, must be a gypsy.

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<te8pr3$3o5jk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153989&group=rec.arts.tv#153989

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:33:16 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:33 UTC

On 2022-08-25 9:31 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
> that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon). He was
> charged with 5 misdemeanors. In a plea offer, the prosecution would drop
> the most serious charge if he'd plead guilty to a single lesser charge
> with a maximum of 6 months in jail.
>
> The defendant rejected the plea offer.
>
> I have no idea what his defense could possibly be.

Based on what the article is saying, I'm guessing he's planning to say
he was trying to "save the nation", knowing that this is unlikely to
wash with the court but earning him serious martyrdom points if he gets
convicted to a long term in prison. It sounds like his career in law
enforcement is already effectively over; once he has a criminal record,
that precludes him from being a police officer as I understand it. It
may even keep him from returning to his previous career as a prison
guard. Maybe he figures this is his one shot at fame as a martyr for the
cause. It's not clear to me if his cause is Trump in particular or just
a general discontent with the government in general but doing jail time
may give him the satisfaction of being able to say he "walked the
walked" of opposing the ratification of the election.

Or maybe he really believes he can make an impassioned case in front of
a jury and that they'll find him not guilty.

--
Rhino

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<te9c9f$1p06$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154016&group=rec.arts.tv#154016

From: kkensing...@gmail.invalid (kensi)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:48:16 -0400
 by: kensi - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 02:48 UTC

On 2022-08-25 9:31 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
> that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).

Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
"he", apparently to refer to the same person.

> He was charged with 5 misdemeanors. In a plea offer, the prosecution
> would drop the most serious charge if he'd plead guilty to a single
> lesser charge with a maximum of 6 months in jail.
>
> The defendant rejected the plea offer.
>
> I have no idea what his defense could possibly be.

Diminished capacity, to wit, "I was stupid enough to fall for all that
QAnon bullshit; clearly I'm so gullible I'll believe *anything*, so
I'm basically just a gun that other idiots like Trump can aim and fire
at any target they choose".

*snicker*

in here." ~Checkmate

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<6168fcd3-d603-4d2f-896b-b936e94e7ee3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154053&group=rec.arts.tv#154053

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 01:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:16 UTC

> kensi
> > Adam H. Kerman
> >
> > Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
> > accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
> > Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the
> > group that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).
>
> Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
> "he", apparently to refer to the same person.

Karol is the Slavic version of Carl.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMKMmLRq/Karol-Wojty-a.jpg

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<teabst$3v9fg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154057&group=rec.arts.tv#154057

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:47:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:47 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>>kensi
>>>Adam H. Kerman

>>>Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
>>>accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
>>>Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the
>>>group that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).

>>Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
>>"he", apparently to refer to the same person.

>Karol is the Slavic version of Carl.

>https://i.postimg.cc/wMKMmLRq/Karol-Wojty-a.jpg

You're addressing a seamus sockpuppet pretending to be female. It's
never heard of Carroll O'Connor either.

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<teatec$122n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154085&group=rec.arts.tv#154085

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:46:59 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:46 UTC

On 2022-08-25 10:48 PM, kensi wrote:
> On 2022-08-25 9:31 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
>> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
>> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
>> that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).
>
> Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
> "he", apparently to refer to the same person.

You are apparently ignorant about the fact that Karol is a relatively
common man's name in Eastern Europe. "Chwiesuk" also looks Eastern
European, perhaps Czech or Ukrainian or Polish.

I'll bet you think Caroll O'Connor was a woman and that Glen Close and
Michael Learned are men, right?

--
Rhino

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<teatso$131l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154086&group=rec.arts.tv#154086

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:54:40 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:54 UTC

On 2022-08-26 4:16 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> kensi
>>> Adam H. Kerman
>>>
>>> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
>>> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
>>> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the
>>> group that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).
>>
>> Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
>> "he", apparently to refer to the same person.
>
> Karol is the Slavic version of Carl.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/wMKMmLRq/Karol-Wojty-a.jpg

That picture is the late Pope John Paul II in case he was a little
before your time, Kensi. HIS birth name was Karol Józef Wojtyła.

Here are a bunch of other male Karols in case you think this was a fluke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karol_(name)

If your beloved Karl Marx had been born a bit further east, he too might
have become Karol Marx.

--
Rhino

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<teb3um$1nc5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154095&group=rec.arts.tv#154095

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:38:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:38 UTC

>On 2022-08-26 4:16 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> kensi

>>> Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
>>> "he", apparently to refer to the same person.
>>
>> Karol is the Slavic version of Carl.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/wMKMmLRq/Karol-Wojty-a.jpg
>
>That picture is the late Pope John Paul II in case he was a little
>before your time, Kensi. HIS birth name was Karol Józef Wojtyła.
>
>Here are a bunch of other male Karols in case you think this was a fluke:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karol_(name)
>
>If your beloved Karl Marx had been born a bit further east, he too might
>have become Karol Marx.

The inventor of laundry detergent?

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<010d12b6-5491-48bf-8ed0-c76251113445n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154102&group=rec.arts.tv#154102

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (SearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi)
 by: SearchWarrantStation - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 19:37 UTC

On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11:47:15 AM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-08-25 10:48 PM, kensi wrote:
> > On 2022-08-25 9:31 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> >> Karol J. Chwiesiuk, Chicago police officer now on unpaid leave, is
> >> accoused of being part of the riot on January 6 2021 at the U.S.
> >> Capitol. While he was in public hallways, he was also part of the group
> >> that broke into the office of Sen Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).
> >
> > Erm, what? First you said "Karol", but now you're using the pronoun
> > "he", apparently to refer to the same person.
> >
> You are apparently ignorant about the fact that Karol is a relatively
> common man's name in Eastern Europe. "Chwiesuk" also looks Eastern
> European, perhaps Czech or Ukrainian or Polish.

Most likely from mountain territory families prominent on Chicago southwest side, hillbillies as called by sophisticated Warsaw society.

Re: Chicago cop in January 6 riot wants trial

<tecbo4$cog$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154183&group=rec.arts.tv#154183

From: kkensing...@gmail.invalid (kensi)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 01:57:24 -0400
 by: kensi - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 05:57 UTC

On 2022-08-26 12:46 p.m., Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-08-25 10:48 PM, kensi wrote:
>> On 2022-08-25 9:31 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> You are apparently ignorant

No.

>>> I have no idea what his defense could possibly be.
>>
>> Diminished capacity, to wit, "I was stupid enough to fall for all that
>> QAnon bullshit; clearly I'm so gullible I'll believe *anything*, so
>> I'm basically just a gun that other idiots like Trump can aim and fire
>> at any target they choose".
>>
>> *snicker*

*crickets*

in here." ~Checkmate