Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.childrens
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 20:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: R.I.P. Grace Fox Anderson, 89, in Sept. 2021 (Protestant writer of
animal fables)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:07 UTC

https://www.hultgrenfh.com/obituary/grace-elwell?fh_id=10184
(with photo and long slideshow)

Grace Fox Anderson Elwell, age 89, a resident of the Holmstad in Batavia, IL, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, September 2, 2021. She was born May 14, 1932 in Melrose Park to Edmund and Phyllis Fox.

Grace grew up in Maywood and graduated from Oak Park High School and then Wheaton College. She worked as a graphic artist at Barber Greene Corp. and then as an editor and writer for many years at Scripture Press in Wheaton, Illinois. In June of 1978, she married Vernon Anderson. She was a talented artist, who enjoyed drawing, painting and music. She also enjoyed writing poetry and traveling with Vern. Her Christian faith was the guiding light and hope of her life, and she generously served family, church, and Holmstad ministries.

After Vern's death in 1992 she moved to the Holmstad where she met Frank Elwell. They were married in February of 2004.

She is survived by her step-daughters, Carol (Jack) Gordon and Linda (Dan) Curry; her grandchildren, Kim (Ryan) Lewis, Holly (Chris) Lundgren, David (Hope) Levin, Adam (Donna) Levin, Jason Curry, Jon (Julie) Curry and Matthew (LeAnne) Curry; her nieces, Lois Lundgren and Linda (Richard) Telling; nephew, Edmund (Mary) Fox; and several great-nieces, great-nephews, great-grandchildren, & great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by: her husbands; her parents; her siblings; step-daughter Lois Levin; granddaughter, Virginia Levin; and nephews Tim & Dave Haidle...

(snip)

https://www.legacy.com/funeral-homes/obituaries/name/grace-elwell-obituary?pid=200023814&v=batesville&view=guestbook
(some remembrances)

From Contemporary Authors:

Grace Fox Anderson commented: "I attempt to share through my writing
and story collections the hope and help God offers each of us. The
bible is my meat and drink, the foundation of my life and the source
of my happiness, strength, and creativity. I'd have little to say if
it were not for what God has taught me. He has given me a great inner
joy in life itself: in animals, growing things, and people (especially
children). I taught Sunday school for more than twenty-five years,
loving the children and finding great satisfaction in teaching them
the bible.

"Sometimes I've felt that I would like two or three more lives to
experience, perhaps as a doctor (because I'm fascinated with medicine
and nutrition and have worked as a volunteer in the emergency room of
our local hospital), or as an architect (I have notebooks of house
plans that I drew as a child of about ten, and I still enjoy planning
houses), or as a teacher (because of my joy in passing on knowledge to
children). Actually, however, God gave me the best of all worlds when
he made me an editor. I deal with many subjects and can learn about
them and share them with others."

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/305780.Grace_Fox_Anderson
(reader reviews)

WRITINGS BY THE AUTHOR:
CHILDREN'S BOOKS

* (Editor; under name Grace Fox) The Hairy Brown Angel, and Other
Animal Tails (illustrations by Darwin Durham), Victor Books, 1977.
("Twenty-two short stories featuring animals in a religious
setting.")

* (Editor) The Peanut Butter Hamster, and Other Animal Tails
(illustrated by Richard Johnson), Victor Books, 1979.
* (Editor) Skunk for Rent, and Other Animal Tails (illustrations
by Durham), Victor Books, 1982.
* (Editor) The Incompetent Cat, and Other Animal Tails
(illustrations by Janice Skivington Wood), Victor Books, 1985.
* (Editor) The Duck Who Had Goosebumps, and Other Animal Tails
(illustrations by Wood), Victor Books, 1986.
* (Editor) The Pint-Sized Pig, and Other Animal Tails
(illustrations by Wood), Victor Books, 1987.
* (Editor) The Hopeless Hen and Other Animal Tails, Victor Books,
1988.

"Contributor of more than two hundred stories and articles to
magazines, including Adventure, High, Living Today, Power for Living,
Moody Monthly, and Teen Power."