The first requisite for immortality is death. -- Stanislaw Lem

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaBTR1701
+* Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask Californiatrotsky
|`- Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaUbiquitous
+- Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaEd Stasiak
`* Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaUbiquitous
 `* Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaBTR1701
  +- Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask Californiatrotsky
  `* Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask Californiaanim8rfsk
   `- Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask CaliforniaYour Name

1
Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<GIqcnc8hecSExpX-nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154040&group=rec.arts.tv#154040

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 05:33:13 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 05:33 UTC

On Aug 25, 2022 at 9:52:09 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/us/california-ban-new-gas-cars-vote/index.html

(1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening when
most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
1832 because our TVs have no power.

And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in their
cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
to a grid that can't even handle the current load.

(2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half hour
drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank suddenly
becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the day and wait
while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even find an available
plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in use, it's a matter of just
waiting five minutes for one to free up. When you're in the middle of the
Mojave and you pull in to find all the plugs in use, it could be many hours
before you even get to *start* charging and then many more hours before it's
finished. Hope you brought a book.

(3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately came to
mind when I first heard about it because our professional journalists, er,
stenographers, never bother to look into anything that's not in the press
release anymore.

If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you don't
want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to Arizona, buy
a gas car there, and then drive it back? Are they going to be banning people
from bringing gas-powered cars to California from other states, too? And how
could they do that? I mean, say you work for Amazon in Nebraska and get
relocated to San Diego. Your family now has to leave all its perfectly good
vehicles behind and buy all new ones?

(4) These things ain't cheap. All the marginalized vulnerable bipocks that the
Left is always white knighting for will-- as they are with most leftist
policies-- be hit the hardest. Which means get ready for demands that the
taxpayer be required to buy poor people free cars.

We already have Lyft sponsoring a ballot measure that will allow the
government to impose a new tax that will be used to buy electric cars for its
drivers. You see, the CA government is requiring all taxi and ride hailing
services to operate all electric fleets by 2026 and the typical Lyft and Uber
driver can't exactly afford to throw away their current vehicle and go buy a
Tesla-- if they could, they wouldn't be Lyft and Uber drivers in the first
place-- so Lyft decided to spend millions funding a ballot measure which will
tax me and everyone else to pay for electric cars for their drivers. And since
Californians seem to be brainwashed into saying "Yes, please! Tax me harder,
daddy!" whenever they see the word 'tax' on a ballot, I fully expect to be
paying for some private company's vehicle fleet with my tax dollars by next
year.

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<te9t7t$lrm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154049&group=rec.arts.tv#154049

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 02:37:32 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:37 UTC

On 8/26/2022 12:33 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2022 at 9:52:09 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/us/california-ban-new-gas-cars-vote/index.html
>
> (1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
> of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
> forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
> etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
> then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
> million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
> when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
> blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening when
> most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
> and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
> live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
> 1832 because our TVs have no power.
>
> And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
> force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in their
> cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
> to a grid that can't even handle the current load.
>
> (2) These things take multiple hours to recharge.

So in that piece of dog shit you call a brain hybrids don't exist? The
whining that you're doing shows exactly why plug in hybrids exist. If
you're too fucking stupid to comprehend what's being discussed, don't
you think you should recuse yourself?

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<9a457267-087d-493a-bc4f-f30bd06251e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154050&group=rec.arts.tv#154050

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 00:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:41 UTC

> BTR1701
>
> And since Californians seem to be brainwashed into saying "Yes, please!
> Tax me harder, daddy!" whenever they see the word 'tax' on a ballot, I fully
> expect to be paying for some private company's vehicle fleet with my tax
> dollars by next year.

Dude, it’s long past time you GTFO of Kalifornia…

https://i.postimg.cc/JzTzrbpD/654654654.gif

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<teafr9$3vjp2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154061&group=rec.arts.tv#154061

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:55:04 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:55 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>(1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
>of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
>forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
>etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
>then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
>million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
>when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
>blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening when
>most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
>and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
>live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
>1832 because our TVs have no power.
>
>And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
>force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in their
>cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
>to a grid that can't even handle the current load.

I noticed Governor Gruesome is going to spend millions of dollars, probably
not his own money, to run commercials against Governor Desantis.

>(2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half hour
>drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank suddenly
>becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the day and wait
>while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even find an available
>plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in use, it's a matter of just
>waiting five minutes for one to free up. When you're in the middle of the
>Mojave and you pull in to find all the plugs in use, it could be many hours
>before you even get to *start* charging and then many more hours before it's
>finished. Hope you brought a book.
>
>(3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately came to
>mind when I first heard about it because our professional journalists, er,
>stenographers, never bother to look into anything that's not in the press
>release anymore.
>
>If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you don't
>want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to Arizona, buy
>a gas car there, and then drive it back?

I assumed they're going to forcibly close all gas stations.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<teafuf$3vjp2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154062&group=rec.arts.tv#154062

Followup: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:56:47 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:56 UTC

"trotsky" wrote:

>So in that piece of dog shit you call a brain hybrids don't exist? The
>whining that you're doing shows exactly why plug in hybrids exist. If
>you're too fucking stupid to comprehend what's being discussed

Irony noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<SdGdnaDnj7mBqJH-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154554&group=rec.arts.tv#154554

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 03:40:12 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 03:40 UTC

On Aug 26, 2022 at 5:55:04 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>
>> (1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
>> of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
>> forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
>> etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
>> then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
>> million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
>> when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
>> blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening
>> when
>> most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
>> and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
>> live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
>> 1832 because our TVs have no power.
>>
>> And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
>> force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in
>> their
>> cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
>> to a grid that can't even handle the current load.
>
> I noticed Governor Gruesome is going to spend millions of dollars, probably
> not his own money, to run commercials against Governor Desantis.
>
>> (2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half hour
>> drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank suddenly
>> becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the day and wait
>> while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even find an available
>> plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in use, it's a matter of just
>> waiting five minutes for one to free up. When you're in the middle of the
>> Mojave and you pull in to find all the plugs in use, it could be many hours
>> before you even get to *start* charging and then many more hours before it's
>> finished. Hope you brought a book.
>>
>> (3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately came to
>> mind when I first heard about it because our professional journalists, er,
>> stenographers, never bother to look into anything that's not in the press
>> release anymore.
>>
>> If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you don't
>> want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to Arizona,
>> buy
>> a gas car there, and then drive it back?
>
> I assumed they're going to forcibly close all gas stations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxbfmcrb6zwdvlh/Lithium.png?dl=0

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<tei00r$p7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154589&group=rec.arts.tv#154589

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 04:14:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 09:14 UTC

On 8/28/2022 10:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 5:55:04 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> (1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
>>> of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
>>> forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
>>> etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
>>> then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
>>> million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
>>> when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
>>> blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening
>>> when
>>> most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
>>> and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
>>> live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
>>> 1832 because our TVs have no power.
>>>
>>> And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
>>> force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in
>>> their
>>> cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
>>> to a grid that can't even handle the current load.
>>
>> I noticed Governor Gruesome is going to spend millions of dollars, probably
>> not his own money, to run commercials against Governor Desantis.
>>
>>> (2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half hour
>>> drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank suddenly
>>> becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the day and wait
>>> while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even find an available
>>> plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in use, it's a matter of just
>>> waiting five minutes for one to free up. When you're in the middle of the
>>> Mojave and you pull in to find all the plugs in use, it could be many hours
>>> before you even get to *start* charging and then many more hours before it's
>>> finished. Hope you brought a book.
>>>
>>> (3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately came to
>>> mind when I first heard about it because our professional journalists, er,
>>> stenographers, never bother to look into anything that's not in the press
>>> release anymore.
>>>
>>> If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you don't
>>> want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to Arizona,
>>> buy
>>> a gas car there, and then drive it back?
>>
>> I assumed they're going to forcibly close all gas stations.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxbfmcrb6zwdvlh/Lithium.png?dl=0

Interesting memes. I honestly don't know if you're stupid enough to
believe that, as if the pollution from oil sands mining hasn't been
covered to death. The think I find most interesting is that you think
your purpose in life is to perpetuate such ignorance. I guess for you
it's better than admitting to your failures, right?

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<1098468427.683438426.389903.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154686&group=rec.arts.tv#154686

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:46:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 19:46 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 5:55:04 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> (1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely run out
>>> of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate kooks. They've
>>> forced all of our reliable electricity generators-- natural gas nuclear,
>>> etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of climate change, and only
>>> then realized that wind and solar just aren't up to the job of supplying 40
>>> million people with uninterrupted electricity. Turns out that solar's no good
>>> when the sun shuts off every night and wind is no good when the wind stops
>>> blowing, and both of those two things tend to happen in the early evening
>> when
>>> most people arrive home from work and start turning on their air conditioners
>>> and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts every summer and get to
>>> live like it's 1832, which is small consolation for not being able to watch
>>> 1832 because our TVs have no power.
>>>
>>> And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
>>> force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging in
>> their
>>> cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get home from work--
>>> to a grid that can't even handle the current load.
>>
>> I noticed Governor Gruesome is going to spend millions of dollars, probably
>> not his own money, to run commercials against Governor Desantis.
>>
>>> (2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half hour
>>> drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank suddenly
>>> becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the day and wait
>>> while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even find an available
>>> plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in use, it's a matter of just
>>> waiting five minutes for one to free up. When you're in the middle of the
>>> Mojave and you pull in to find all the plugs in use, it could be many hours
>>> before you even get to *start* charging and then many more hours before it's
>>> finished. Hope you brought a book.
>>>
>>> (3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately came to
>>> mind when I first heard about it because our professional journalists, er,
>>> stenographers, never bother to look into anything that's not in the press
>>> release anymore.
>>>
>>> If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you don't
>>> want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to Arizona,
>> buy
>>> a gas car there, and then drive it back?
>>
>> I assumed they're going to forcibly close all gas stations.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxbfmcrb6zwdvlh/Lithium.png?dl=0

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/4/4b/Lithium_cracking_station%2C_remastered.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1100?cb=20110406025111&path-prefix=en

Re: Banning cars like banning guns? Ask California

<teuk9e$vsk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155285&group=rec.arts.tv#155285

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 16:13:34 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 04:13 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

> (1) The state already can't keep the lights on. We already routinely
> run out of electricity due to the religious obsession of the climate
> kooks. They've forced all of our reliable electricity generators--
> natural gas nuclear, etc.-- to shut down as a sacrifice to their god of
> climate change, and only then realized that wind and solar just aren't
> up to the job of supplying 40 million people with uninterrupted
> electricity. Turns out that solar's no good when the sun shuts off
> every night and wind is no good when the wind stops blowing, and both
> of those two things tend to happen in the early evening when most
> people arrive home from work and start turning on their air
> conditioners and all their appliances. So we get rolling blackouts
> every summer and get to live like it's 1832, which is small consolation
> for not being able to watch 1832 because our TVs have no power.
>
> And now, on top of all that, our hair-gelled moron of a governor wants to
> force everyone into electric cars and add millions of people plugging
> in their cars-- again the vast majority in the evening when they get
> home from work-- to a grid that can't even handle the current load.

Yep. Power companies in many countries have been complaining for years
about not having enough electricity to meet demand for all the idiotic
battery-powered gadgets people keep buying.

Battery makers have also been complaining about not having enough raw
material to build all the needed the batteries either.

Not to mention that making, recharging, and disposing of electric cars
is as, if not more, polluting than normal cars. Even just driving them
is more polluting thanks to the heaviness meaning more tyre rubber
particles come off them.

And yet, according to the blinkered Greenie brigade, electric cars are
still the saviour of the planet.

> (2) These things take multiple hours to recharge. That three and a half
> hour drive to Vegas with a 10-minute stop in Barstow to fill the tank
> suddenly becomes a 12-hour nightmare of having to stop for most of the
> day and wait while your car recharges and that's assuming you can even
> find an available plug. With a gas station, if all the pumps are in
> use, it's a matter of just waiting five minutes for one to free up.
> When you're in the middle of the Mojave and you pull in to find all the
> plugs in use, it could be many hours before you even get to *start*
> charging and then many more hours before it's finished. Hope you
> brought a book.

There are various companies working on battery tech "improvements" that
might (supposedly) lower charging times ... *if* they every actually
work and make it into purchasable products.

Supercharging tweak could fill electric car batteries 90% in 10 mins

<https://www.newscientist.com/article/2334799-supercharging-tweak-could-fill-electric-car-batteries-90-in-10-mins/>

Electric car batteries with five-minute charging times produced

<https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/19/electric-car-batteries-race-ahead-with-five-minute-charging-times>

Electric vehicle battery capable of 98% charge in less than ten minutes

<https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2022/06/13/electric-vehicle-battery-capable-of-98-charge-in-less-than-ten-minutes/>

> (3) Not one media report of this story has addressed what immediately
> came to mind when I first heard about it because our professional
> journalists, er, stenographers, never bother to look into anything
> that's not in the press release anymore.
>
> If they ban new gas-powered cars from being sold in California, and you
> don't want one of these electric go-carts, how hard is it to just go to
> Arizona, buy a gas car there, and then drive it back?

California is now thinking about giving people a $1000 tax credit to
"income-challenged residents who don't own cars".
<https://jalopnik.com/new-california-bill-will-pay-residents-1-000-for-not-o-1849490544>