Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 08:35:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Why Guitar is not taught in schools
From: lutem...@aol.com (Murdick)
 by: Murdick - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:35 UTC

When I taught at the Alabama School of Math and Science in Mobile AL, I ran elective class in classical guitar. At first I used Shearer's book (the one that begins with P stroke) but then I wrote my own book which went slower and had more duets. The whole class would play the first part and I would play the more complex 2nd part. Then I wrote a bunch of trios for the class and we actually played a recital at the end of the semester. In fact, one of the staff wanted to hire the group to play at a party after hearing the recital of the first class I taught. Below is the book that I wrote for the class. You can buy the trio book from Mel Bay.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/edqt3ez7xsr4xe1/AAATdF8XinmqPQs9MX08vxgea?dl=0