You can get there from here, but why on earth would you want to?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

SubjectAuthor
* UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluBTR1701
+* Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluA Friend
|+* Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluBTR1701
||`- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flutrotsky
|+* Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluAdam H. Kerman
||+* Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluAdam H. Kerman
|||+* Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Fludanny burstein
|||`- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flutrotsky
||`- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flutrotsky
|`- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flutrotsky
+- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flutrotsky
+- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluRhino
`- Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular FluThe Horny Goat

1
UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<6N-cnTKNdcVT7pD-nZ2dnZfqn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154733&group=rec.arts.tv#154733

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:19:58 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:19 UTC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0

This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
penises are never far from his mind.)

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<290820222231238980%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154734&group=rec.arts.tv#154734

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:31:23 -0400
 by: A Friend - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:31 UTC

In article <6N-cnTKNdcVT7pD-nZ2dnZfqn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>
> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
> penises are never far from his mind.)

These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
Seems reasonable.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<NdqcnbIkM9m25JD-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154735&group=rec.arts.tv#154735

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:42:51 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:42 UTC

On Aug 29, 2022 at 7:31:23 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <6N-cnTKNdcVT7pD-nZ2dnZfqn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>>
>> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
>> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
>> penises are never far from his mind.)
>
> These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
> during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
> demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
> Seems reasonable.

Not reasonable. For literally the entire history of the school until 2022,
getting a flu shot was something each person could decide for themselves
whether to get or not with no adverse requirements for declining to do so. Now
suddenly a decision not to get a flu shot every fall requires a mask? And for
how long does one have to wear a mask if the flu shot is declined? From Labor
Day to Halloween? Or Thanksgiving? Or Christmas? Or Valentines Day?

Again, I said two years ago this mask shit was never going to go away and that
it would start migrating to other illnesses that we've managed to deal with
for decades, if not centuries, without the need to force people to wrap their
faces in pieces of cloth just to walk in a building.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tek2rp$1d2hv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154744&group=rec.arts.tv#154744

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:14:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:14 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0

>>This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
>>here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
>>penises are never far from his mind.)

>These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
>during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
>demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
>Seems reasonable.

The goddam mask makes it far MORE likely that you'll get a respiratory
infection, since it's moist and germs grow and the wearer breathes it
in. Do you get that this is self defeating?

Since when do people in their teens and early 20s die of flu?

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tek3lk$1d2hv$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154747&group=rec.arts.tv#154747

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:28:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:28 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, 30 August 2022 at 00:14:53 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>A Friend wrote:

>>>These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
>>>during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
>>>demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
>>>Seems reasonable.

>>The goddam mask makes it far MORE likely that you'll get a respiratory
>>infection, since it's moist and germs grow and the wearer breathes it
>>in. Do you get that this is self defeating?

>>Since when do people in their teens and early 20s die of flu?

>Maybe they're worried about all the old 70-plus Marxist professors in
>the humanities?
>Who'll drone on and on about Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers if they all
>die of covid?

Let them take precautions, like a flu vaccine. That's what it's there
for. I'm fed up with mask mandates.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tek3p1$bb$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154748&group=rec.arts.tv#154748

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:30:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:30 UTC

In <tek3lk$1d2hv$4@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

>Let them take precautions, like a flu vaccine. That's what it's there
>for. I'm fed up with mask mandates.

Flu vaccine, unlike the Covid ones, has a miserable 50%, or LESS,
effective protection rate.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tekk86$p2l$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154763&group=rec.arts.tv#154763

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:11:33 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:11 UTC

On 8/29/2022 11:24 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 August 2022 at 00:14:53 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> A Friend wrote:

>>> These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
>>> during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
>>> demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
>>> Seems reasonable.
>> The goddam mask makes it far MORE likely that you'll get a respiratory
>> infection, since it's moist and germs grow and the wearer breathes it
>> in. Do you get that this is self defeating?
>>
>> Since when do people in their teens and early 20s die of flu?
>
> Maybe they're worried about all the old 70-plus Marxist professors in the humanities?
> Who'll drone on and on about Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers if they all die of covid?

If you wanted to be cool, which is impossible, you'd call it "Beserkley"
like many do.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tekkcp$p2l$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154765&group=rec.arts.tv#154765

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:14:00 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:14 UTC

On 8/29/2022 11:28 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The goddam mask makes it far MORE likely that you'll get a respiratory
>>> infection, since it's moist and germs grow and the wearer breathes it
>>> in. Do you get that this is self defeating?
>
>>> Since when do people in their teens and early 20s die of flu?
>
>> Maybe they're worried about all the old 70-plus Marxist professors in
>> the humanities?
>> Who'll drone on and on about Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers if they all
>> die of covid?
>
> Let them take precautions, like a flu vaccine. That's what it's there
> for. I'm fed up with mask mandates.

Yes, Verman, we already know you're a whiny bitch. That's why you fit
in so well with the others in that category.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tekl2h$15n5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154770&group=rec.arts.tv#154770

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:25:36 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:25 UTC

On 8/29/2022 9:19 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>
> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
> penises are never far from his mind.)

Penises are never far from the minds of heterosexual men. But for
different reasons than eunuch'd gay guys such as yourself. If you
weren't a eunuch, of course, you'd address me directly but I suppose
you're too afraid I'll beat the living shit out of you verbally as usual.

Anyhoo, Beserkley can do what it wants, and your whiny bitchiness isn't
going to change that. I honestly wonder what you think will happen when
you constantly air your dirty laundry like this.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tekl4k$15n5$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154771&group=rec.arts.tv#154771

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:26:43 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:26 UTC

On 8/29/2022 9:42 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2022 at 7:31:23 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <6N-cnTKNdcVT7pD-nZ2dnZfqn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
>>> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
>>> penises are never far from his mind.)
>>
>> These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
>> during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
>> demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
>> Seems reasonable.
>
> Not reasonable. For literally the entire history of the school until 2022,
> getting a flu shot was something each person could decide for themselves
> whether to get or not with no adverse requirements for declining to do so. Now
> suddenly a decision not to get a flu shot every fall requires a mask? And for
> how long does one have to wear a mask if the flu shot is declined? From Labor
> Day to Halloween? Or Thanksgiving? Or Christmas? Or Valentines Day?
>
> Again, I said two years ago this mask shit was never going to go away and that
> it would start migrating to other illnesses that we've managed to deal with
> for decades, if not centuries, without the need to force people to wrap their
> faces in pieces of cloth just to walk in a building.

Would you like a cookie?

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<teklji$15n5$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154776&group=rec.arts.tv#154776

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:34:40 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:34 UTC

On 8/29/2022 9:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 29 August 2022 at 22:31:27 UTC-4, A Friend wrote:
>> In article <6N-cnTKNdcVT7pD-...@giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
>>> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
>>> penises are never far from his mind.)
>> These rules are for indoors. They are requiring you to wear a mask
>> during flu season if you're not vaccinated against flu. They are not
>> demanding that you be vaccinated, nor that you stay away if you aren't.
>> Seems reasonable.
>
> Why is it universities, home to mostly the healthiest people

My brain hasn't been eaten by worms so I have no idea what you're
talking about.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<teknfa$1eo7t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154780&group=rec.arts.tv#154780

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 06:06:34 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:06 UTC

On 2022-08-29 10:19 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>
> This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
> here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
> penises are never far from his mind.)

Or his mouth....

--
Rhino

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<tekqrr$1evjo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154782&group=rec.arts.tv#154782

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:04:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:04 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>[snip]

>>Let them take precautions, like a flu vaccine. That's what it's there
>>for. I'm fed up with mask mandates.

>Flu vaccine, unlike the Covid ones, has a miserable 50%, or LESS,
>effective protection rate.

You're right. It's because they produce the vaccine in eggs, which takes
months, based on what subvariants are observed in China. A lot of years,
they've guessed the wrong mix of subvariants that are actually
widespread in the rest of the world.

But the thing about flu, unlike COVID, is that the people spreading it
have symptoms, and the real problem is handwashing failures. More
likely, you get infected because you've rubbed your eyes without first
having washing your hands.

The mandate should be to stay away from people while you're infectious,
not to wear a mask if you don't exhibit symptoms. And to wash your
hands.

Re: UC Berekely Now Requiring Masks for Regular Flu

<pc5tghp887t6j7hc5fdl08jpnkshe2tnda@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154894&group=rec.arts.tv#154894

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:56:52 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:56 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 02:19:58 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>https://www.dropbox.com/s/v62nrmh1gaxcnqf/BerkFlu.png?dl=0
>
>This is where we are. I predicted this two years ago and the usual suspects
>here told me I was paranoid. (Along with a penis reference from Hutt, since
>penises are never far from his mind.)

Do you mean that literally or are you using that phrase to call him a
dick-head?