Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Billy Eichner Attacks `All the Homophobes' on SCOTUS at 2022 MTV VMAs
From: tmc1...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 18:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
 by: tmc1...@gmail.com - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 01:02 UTC

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/elise-ehrhard/2022/08/29/billy-eichner-attacks-all-homophobes-scotus-2022-mtv-vmas

Elise Ehrhard
August 29th, 2022 12:46 AM

On Sunday, comedian Billy Eichner attacked Justice Clarence Thomas and "all the homophobes" on the Supreme Court while
introducing a band at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards.

Before announcing a performance by pop rock artist Panic at the Disco, Eichner, a comedian known for his show Billy on
the Street, took a moment to plug his new LGBTQ rom-com movie Bros. He did so by berating conservative justices on the
Supreme Court.

Now, listen up. Some of you know me as Billy on the Street. But on September 30th, I have a movie coming out called
Bros. Bros is making history as the first gay rom-com ever made by a major studio, and be the first where every role is
played by an openly LGBTQ actor. Right? And I need you all there in theaters on September 30th, because we need to show
all the homophobes like Clarence Thomas [cheers and applause] and all the homophobes on the Supreme Court that we want
gay love stories, and we support LGBTQ people, and we are not are not letting them drag us back into the last century!
Because they are in the past! And Bros is the future!

In his concurrence in the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade, Thomas restated his individual view that SCOTUS should
look at past "substantive due process" decisions, including the Obergefell decision that nullified state laws on same-
sex marriage.

But I'm guessing Eichner isn't interested in a debate on the finer points of Constitutional law, especially considering
his rant went after "all the homophobes on the Supreme Court," whatever that means.

Besides incoherently attacking the Court, Eichner also thinks heterosexuals need to watch his same-sex romantic comedy
to "show all the homophobes." Is it now homophobic to be uninterested in a gay romance? Why is it no longer enough to
just live and let live?

The evening also got political when singer Lizzo received the "Video for Good Award."

Lizzo, who initially arrived at the ceremony dressed like a gigantic garbage bag, told the audience, �Your vote means
everything to me, it means everything to making a change in this country. So remember, when you�re voting for your
favorite artist, vote to change some of these laws that are oppressing us.�

It remains a mystery as to what laws are oppressing this super-wealthy and mega-successful celebrity while she
simultaneously received an award.

Back in the 1990s, MTV partnered with Rock the Vote to get left-leaning young people into the voting booths, but young
people today have barely heard of MTV.

MTV's Video Music Awards in particular once had significant cultural power and helped push society's cultural goalposts
further left. But the influence on youth of this former cultural institution is now dying, with viewership on the
decline for years.

It's ironic that a presenter, such as Eichner, proclaimed to know "the future" while speaking at an event that felt like
it belonged firmly in the past.

Ubi the shithead forges Terrence Clay yet again (was: Billy Eichner Attacks `All the Homophobes' on SCOTUS at 2022 MTV VMAs)

<teoctf$1sstb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154966&group=rec.arts.tv#154966

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:30:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:30 UTC

tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>https://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/elise-ehrhard/2022/08/29/billy-eichner-attacks-all-homophobes-scotus-2022-mtv-vmas

Once again, Ubi the shithead has forged Terrence Clay, committing abuse
of Usenet by pre-loading headers to fake that the article was posted via
Google Groups in lieu of Giganews that Ubi the shithead actually uses.

Please be aware of Ubi the shithead's forgeries and try to avoid posting
follows to them. Find the actual article posted by Terrence Clay and
follow up to that, starving Ubi the shithead of the attention he craves.